Assassin's Creed IV is an Hour Longer on PlayStation 3

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Vault Citizen said:
That's annoying. I have all the previous main games in the series for 360 and if I want to get the extra content it will mean that this game won't match the others.
Just wait 2-3 months after release it will become 360 DLC....... That is what always happens.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Lazy said:
After ACIII I was wondering how they could make the assassin robes look even more ridiculous in the next installment. Thankfully, it seems they've managed just fine.
Nice to know I'm not the only one thinking that.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
revjay said:
Since it's titled "Black Flag" does that mean Henry Rollins will have a cameo somewhere in the game? He could be a really angry boss fight that's not happy about politics.

HEY!!!

<----- Henry does not approve of all this new attention he's getting!

In all seriousness, these extra content things for the PS3 have been around since Brotherhood, they're not much to write home about. Now I'll just go back and think some more about how they named an AC game after Black Flag

(Shut up! That's totally what they did.)

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I always feel like the marketing team is always decidedly not gamers. I always feel like they make their decisions based on some kid behind a two way mirror.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I guess they had to give the PS4 something as a bonus since the WiiU Version of Rayman Legends (WHEN IT COMES OUT!) Will be the best version.

So Ubisoft is gonna make each console have a game you could get on other systems, but different enough you buy it for one specific console because of that one difference. It might work. Let's see...

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
Legion said:
Oh, please. Like the 'Hidden Secrets' DLC they said was around an hours content, which turned out to be around twenty minutes?

I am more concerned by the fact the last game was a buggy mess, and yet they are still releasing them yearly.
I'll deal with the bugs. Just please please please include ACTUAL stabbing and ditch the stupid minigames.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Hey look, the naval combat aspect of AC3 was a hit! Why not just make a new IP centered around naval combat though? I like pirates sure but as a template for Assassin's Creed I just don't see there being enough giant building to leap from. On the plus side it looks like we've gone straight from 3 to 4 instead of giving Connor a pair of spin-off games.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Oh please, ubisoft bring this to next-gen. I just want a stable AC game with less pop-in and nowhere near as much fog as the past games.
JdaS said:
revjay said:
Since it's titled "Black Flag" does that mean Henry Rollins will have a cameo somewhere in the game? He could be a really angry boss fight that's not happy about politics.

HEY!!!

<----- Henry does not approve of all this new attention he's getting!

In all seriousness, these extra content things for the PS3 have been around since Brotherhood, they're not much to write home about. Now I'll just go back and think some more about how they named an AC game after Black Flag

(Shut up! That's totally what they did.)
Dude they should totally put Henry on the cover with quotes reading "Slip it in... to your playstation!" That's an insta-buy right there!

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Read: Playstation 3 users and those who steal the game on PC will have access to an extra hour of content.

And then they will wonder why people pirate their games.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I may just get this for the WiiU out spite for this.

I'm only half-joking.

Assassin's Creed isn't the sort of game where I'm drooling for more playtime for me personally, I just like to see the story and get through it, enjoying a good chunk of the play, but it'll get to a certain point where I just want to finish and see the ending for some games. This generally happens in Assassin's Creed games, for me.

So yeah. Fuck your "bonus content" I think I'll live without it.

I even really like my PS3, but this sort customer-screwing marketing circle-jerk really puts me off.

Mycroft Holmes said:
Read: Playstation 3 users and those who steal the game on PC will have access to an extra hour of content.

And then they will wonder why people pirate their games.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I favor the PS3, and even I think this is a stupid idea. Are they even watching sales? If our store is a fair representation, AC3 on XBox 360 outsold AC3 on the PS3 by a massive margin even with the extra stuff they included with that one. Why keep doing the same?
space restraints. with modern games size being what it is you can only put so much into a DL dvd. on the other hand you got 50 GB on a blueray.