Assholes in anime?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Huh. I notice people have already mistaken "characters who are assholes" with "characters I don't like."

Granted, I'm not entirely sure what the criteria are. Characters who are evil? Or just those who are mean? They aren't mutually exclusive, but, say...Hajime Saitou is a protagonist, but he's still kind of a jerk, while Aoshi Shinomori was evil (at one point), but never really all that mean. Inadvertent abusive words to Misao aside.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
jimtherabidcow said:
One of my friends said Evny from FMA should be on there, don't know about that well, but i think i might add her.
Envy is a guy. And quite deserving, I'd say. Probably second most among the homunculi.

First, of course, would be Pride. Specifically, manga-version Pride (anime Pride is manga Wrath).

Roaminthecrimesolvingpaladin said:
Gilgamesh, from Fate
Why should he care about the rest of the mongrels? ^_^

...but yeah, I'm surprised I missed him. Of the three major villains of Fate/Stay Night, he was easily the biggest jerk. Kotomine might also count, since he loves being a snarky bastard. Zouken...I don't want to think about Zouken.

avelmen1889

Dec 30, 2008
fakir in princess tutu, at least at the beginning of the first season, but he is a awesome character

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
In most anime, the smug assholes are normally the main character.

Earthbound Engineer

Jun 9, 2008
sebar nl said:
[INSERT_HENTIE_JOKE_HERE]
Ah, I see what you did there.....very clever. [small](I would post that picture, it seems to result in an automatic probation.)[/small]

Anyway, I never did like Majin Buu. He/She was essentially a condescending, obese version of Kirby.
Not to mention that pixelated son of a ***** should go die in a fucking fire his laugh was incredibly annoying.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
That one blonde chick from Hellsing (Baobhan Sith AKA Laura) who pretended to be integra's sister and ended up groping her and drinking her blood.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Manga, but close enough. Dio Brando from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. You'll know it almost as soon as he shows up.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
Daveman said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Seto Kaiba: YuGiOh.
Every time Kaiba smiles, a puppy dies.
If he just laid off the drugs, he might be a more likable person.
But people like him anyway because he is Seto Freaking Kaiba.
:O accept no substitute... plus he has a talking collar, as if his coat wasn't awesome enough.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Daveman said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Daveman said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Seto Kaiba: YuGiOh.
Every time Kaiba smiles, a puppy dies.
If he just laid off the drugs, he might be a more likable person.
But people like him anyway because he is Seto Freaking Kaiba.
:O accept no substitute... plus he has a talking collar, as if his coat wasn't awesome enough.
The coat is awesome, its like he was wearing KITT from Knight Rider.
His Blue Eyes may not have a sword but, its ok.
There are so many things awesome about him, i could go on...but i wont.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
hermes200 said:
The entire cast of Death Note (specially Light).
Bullshit. L was awesome.

I'd have to say those two boyfriend-girlfriend vampires from early on in Hellsing. Christ, the guy was a jerk.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
AkJay said:
In most anime, the smug assholes are normally the main character.
Or the bad-ass ones, Alucard was an asshole... And smug as well, I s'pose. Yeah, I think you need to be a smug ass to be an anime main character.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
-BloodRush- said:
everyone already said what i had in mind, but one character i'd like to bring attention to is soujiro hiko, the bastard that taught kenshin the sword.

personally i think he's awesome, but he is an asshole.
True that.
Some of my favorite jokes are from when Kenshin went back to him to learn the final move.
sigh....

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
If you don't already have him on your list, you ought to include Hiro Yui, from Gundam Wing. Major league ass, he was.

jimtherabidcow

Jan 28, 2010
Damn i didn't think it would be this many replies. thanks for the ideas and keep them coming. But i'm looking manily for what NeutralDrow said

NeutralDrow said:
Huh. I notice people have already mistaken "characters who are assholes" with "characters I don't like."

Granted, I'm not entirely sure what the criteria are. Characters who are evil? Or just those who are mean? They aren't mutually exclusive, but, say...Hajime Saitou is a protagonist, but he's still kind of a jerk, while Aoshi Shinomori was evil (at one point), but never really all that mean. Inadvertent abusive words to Misao aside.
Looking for guys that are assholes, and the basic criteria is "if you can make up an excuse that makes them seem less of an asshole, than they don't make the list." Light is a good reason, he believes he is doing good. He's not an ass, he's a douch.

Mainly there goal and actions and reason why is what i was aiming for.
Revy from Black Lagoon and Jo from Burst Angel are ass', however they act that way casue it's how they survive, so they're off the list. Kiba and Vegeta might be a rich/royal assholes at time, but thats becasue of upbring and hard lifes.

Lelouch is on the list casue in the end his goal was to become the worlds biggest asshole, in which no on could compare, so he can right the wrongs he has done in the past. He's still noble, but in the eyes of history, he's an asshole. Sekai and Itou make the list together casue, even though Itou cheatted on Kotonoha with Sekai, and with anyone who would open they're legs for him, it wouldn't of happen if Sekai was the one to lead him away. If she wanted Itou for herself she would of slowly helped him FAIL with Kotonoha and than take him for herself, instead of helping him out and letting him "pratice" on her.

jimtherabidcow

Jan 28, 2010
lwm3398 said:
hermes200 said:
The entire cast of Death Note (specially Light).
Bullshit. L was awesome.

I'd have to say those two boyfriend-girlfriend vampires from early on in Hellsing. Christ, the guy was a jerk.
Nah, the Valentine Brothers make the list for hellsing, we like to use one guy or group per series. One is cocky and smug and believes that everyone else is a bug for him to step on, while the other on... wtach this and you'll understand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vyzUyy1Cfc

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
Catchphrase said:
Gary from Pokémon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a dick. In fact on the pokemon monopoly he even steal your 200 for passing go, and is on the go to jail card! What an asshole! He steals your money and then rapes you in jail.