Association of Flight Attendants calls for all those involved in yesterdays events of breaching the Capital Building to be banned from flying

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Right wing tolerance.
Ok how?

Like how do you get from Parler being removed to it being some sign of intolerance on the right?

It's not even being removed for intolerance lol

Where's that sealioning webcomic when you need it?
Except the Sea-lion had a point lol. Unless you're trying to suggest the Bougesis upper class couple are somehow the heros for you know refusing to answer the Sea-Lions question because they wanted to be comfortably bigoted without being challenged at all.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I think he was talking about the whole “we must skin our enemies alive, along with everyone they ever knew and loved.” Which isn’t even vaguely as absurd as it sounds given the history of School of the Americas graduates building facilities for carrying out the mass rape and torture of dissidents and their families. Pretty normal behavior for fascist militias tbh.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So you'll be able to point to the part of the speech Trump called for direct action then?
Yes, easily:

"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

That is direct action. Houseman is getting closer to the point:

He told them to go the capital, and peacefully protest, not "threaten people".
Technically mostly true. The "mostly" because surrounding a building with thousands of protestors can rarely if ever be described as unthreatening.

Unfortunately for Trump, anyone in his position should know what happens when an aggrieved crowd is riled up and directed at a target, because the human race has a long experience of thousands of years of it. He wound them up like toy soldiers, set them in motion, and then fucked off in his luxury car to the luxury comfort of the White House. Even if we were to excuse him for intent, we cannot excuse him for negligence.

What we also have to take into account is his subsequent response. As the consequences unfolded that afternoon, he put out an equivocal Twitter video and seems to have done nothing more: for instance we know that he took little or no part in the decision to restore order with the national guard (despite his lies the day after). It's that response that really sinks him. He could not have made it plainer he did not think it serious.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Except the Sea-lion had a point lol. Unless you're trying to suggest the Bougesis upper class couple are somehow the heros for you know refusing to answer the Sea-Lions question because they wanted to be comfortably bigoted without being challenged at all.
Yikes

Reactions: CaitSeith

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Yes, easily:

"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong."

That is direct action. Houseman is getting closer to the point:

Technically mostly true. The "mostly" because surrounding a building with thousands of protestors can rarely if ever be described as unthreatening.
That kind of suggest a number of other such protests were threatening too

Sorry but if some-one is being racist like that in public and you confront them, well wouldn't you have just become the Sea-lion?

I can't wait for Nick to look at this thread and decide that Current Events has run its course.
So is that the plan of some people to just deliberately get current events shut down to try and "Punish" others or something?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
So is that the plan of some people to just deliberately get current events shut down to try and "Punish" others or something?
I could see that being the case. The system, as it is now, is ripe for exploiting. Just get into petty fights and sling labels around, and you don't get punished, but the thread gets locked. That's what happened to the 5,000+ thread.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
If you're referring to me, I haven't said a word other than what you've quoted for like a week. But I'll direct your attention to so:

Big Dick Nick said:
I understand that sounds preachy, but when I'm checking in, there's not very many good discussions happening and it's the same few arguing over and over in each thread.

None of what I said above is up for debate. If things in Current Events continue as they are, they will be closed.

Thanks and have a good evening,

Nick
And I'll refer you to all the posts made in this thread and others since Nick made that announcement, of which you have played a leading part (although not the only one), and say that I don't see this subforum surviving another check-in.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If you're referring to me, I haven't said a word other than what you've quoted for like a week. But I'll direct your attention to so:

And I'll refer you to all the posts made in this thread and others since Nick made that announcement, of which you have played a leading part (although not the only one), and say that I don't see this subforum surviving another check-in.
So not the posts trying to bait people or calling them fascists still in here and other threads then?