Atari CEO Says the Company is "Back in the Hardware Business"

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
No. Sod off, Atari. Nobody wants you back. Not after Alone in the Dark: Illumination.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
FalloutJack said:
I'm confused. Is this a rant or are you propositioning for a job? Either way, it's too much shouting. At any rate, one should understand why consoles sell in the first place before formulating an opinion, because it's not 'People are gullible'. I mean, people DO get gullible about things, but that isn't the reason consoles sell. The truth is, the two sides that many people go on pointlessly fighting over actually complement each other. And as one who has both, I can definitely say so.
Laughing Man said:
Expect loads of emails real soon bud, mostly of the eh what? Variety.
I wouldn't bother, it looks a lot like a spam post to me.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I don't understand why people are hating Atari. I think it's fair to be critical of their mistakes in the past. Right now, it's under new ownership. They are going to try something that they haven't done in years. I am waiting and seeing what they are going to come up with. Like I said before, I am not too impressed with the current generation of consoles. So, if Atari can hit the sweet spot of being a top of the line video game console without the unnecessary bells and whistles that the other console makers are trying to push. They will have a customer.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
KissingSunlight said:
I don't understand why people are hating Atari. I think it's fair to be critical of their mistakes in the past. Right now, it's under new ownership. They are going to try something that they haven't done in years. I am waiting and seeing what they are going to come up with. Like I said before, I am not too impressed with the current generation of consoles. So, if Atari can hit the sweet spot of being a top of the line video game console without the unnecessary bells and whistles that the other console makers are trying to push. They will have a customer.
Even ignoring Atari of the past, Atari of the current hasn't exactly garnered much customer faith, continuing to plunder its library of classics. When you consider that it's been quite a while (as far as I'm aware anyhow) that they've done anything in hardware I'm not sure how I can be anything but caustiously cynical.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
immortalfrieza said:
I wouldn't bother, it looks a lot like a spam post to me.
Really? I thought it was Conversation Street turning into Rant Lane.