Atari Picks Up Ghostbusters

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
I hope it will be good, last couple of Atari games that I've played have been on the poor side, but we can pray that it'll be good, I mean it is Ghostbusters.

Coincidently, I'm watching Ghostbusters 2 at the minute.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
The Sorrow said:
Did Atari just do something right? That's weird...

*Ring Ring*
Hello? Oh hey, Satan...frozen over? Barry Bonds came clean? Lindsay Lohan found Jesus?!
actually this would be thing number 2 that they did right, they saved neverwinter nights when it was dropped before it came out

such an awesome thing they picked up the game, i was upset when i heard it was being cancelled

Sigenrecht

Mar 17, 2008
Because Activision Blizzard needs to be conservative and coldly business-like in how they decide what to do and what not to do. I mean, its not like they're raking enough money in every year to buy South Korea. I say South Korea because every man, woman and child in that country loves Blizzard to an extent that could be described as hedonistic and sick.

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
thebobmaster said:
Yeah! Now we just need someone to pick up Brutal Legend.
No, we don't.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87098-Activision-Blocking-Br-tal-Legend-Deal

There've been more than a few publishers sniffing around for Brutal Legend, but Activision wants it for its own, apparently.

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
bkd69 said:
thebobmaster said:
No, we don't.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87098-Activision-Blocking-Br-tal-Legend-Deal

There've been more than a few publishers sniffing around for Brutal Legend, but Activision wants it for its own, apparently.
Then why did it drop it?

So, its not publishing the game, but its not letting anyone else publish it?

Thats it, Activision are pure evil.
Now I'm going to suggest something here. I know it'll sound a bit crazy, but hear me out.

Perhaps, just maybe, Activision actually wants to publish the game? I know it sounds totally crazy, but, holding on to the title and not letting anyone else pick it up, when they've let other titles go, certainly seems consistent with that plan. And we know they're greedy bastards(*), so that also seems consistent.

And maybe, buying out Blizzard filled up their release schedule through 3Q09, hence the dropping of titles, so we should probably expect a holiday 09 release for Brutal Legend.

I know, I probably sound like some sort of madman here, an escaped inmate from the asylum, but they laughed at my badger mounted laser cannons too!

*: Actually, we only know that they're greedy. Any comments about their parents marital status is pure speculation and/or slander on my part.

Nov 28, 2007
bkd69 said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
bkd69 said:
thebobmaster said:
No, we don't.

Then why did it drop it?

So, its not publishing the game, but its not letting anyone else publish it?

Thats it, Activision are pure evil.
Now I'm going to suggest something here. I know it'll sound a bit crazy, but hear me out.

Perhaps, just maybe, Activision actually wants to publish the game? I know it sounds totally crazy, but, holding on to the title and not letting anyone else pick it up, when they've let other titles go, certainly seems consistent with that plan. And we know they're greedy bastards(*), so that also seems consistent.

And maybe, buying out Blizzard filled up their release schedule through 3Q09, hence the dropping of titles, so we should probably expect a holiday 09 release for Brutal Legend.

I know, I probably sound like some sort of madman here, an escaped inmate from the asylum, but they laughed at my badger mounted laser cannons too!
One problem with that theory... [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.76174]

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
Great, a Ghostbusters game. If Hollywood re-makes this movie,

SOMEONE...

WILL...

DIE...

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
thebobmaster said:
bkd69 said:

One problem with that theory... [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.76174]
I don't see it. They've had no problems letting go of other titles, including the practically presold Ghostbusters, and the guaranteed fanbase 50 Cent title.

They have to have some reason for holding on to Brutal Legend, and we know that they've had no qualms about releasing other titles to other publishers, and that at least a few other publishers are interested in picking up the game.

Though now that I've thought on it, it's probably the sor of game that would get lost in the holiday push. Perhaps a high summer release, instead.