Atlus "Dissolved" by Parent Company

Yukichin

Mar 26, 2009
Atlus USA stated in their forums that nothing should change in development /or/ on the USA side. It's just an easier way for the mobile company to get to their IPs.

wellhereiam

Jul 4, 2010
I've already gone to the forums at AtlusUSA's site and the mods are all saying that there will be no significant changes. I doubt this will affect much of anything.

EDIT: Damn ninja.... anyway here's a quote "This is purely corporate maneuvering so that Index, which is a mobile games company, has easier access to Atlus IPs. That's all."

This just means there will be mobile phone spinoffs of Atlus's games.

misfit119

Dec 24, 2008
archvile93 said:
cjackson92 said:
archvile93 said:
Well, I guess that's what happens when you build your company on the mistranslation that excessive difficulty means fun.
..and yet it is in my top ten. I guess that's what happens when you make a good game.
Not to me, I think I'll go with Yahtzee on this one.
Ah, see that's the problem right there. You're letting other people think for you. If you paid attention to said game you'd know that Atlus only translated the game and brought it to the U.S. So whether you like that game or not it has little to do with Atlus itself. Try looking at their library of games before judging a company for one game that they translated and saying it's a terrible company. Or just ask Yahtzee what he thinks before posting.

notsosavagemessiah

Jul 23, 2009
wow. it's truly a sad day. It appears from now on jrpgs will only be emo filled cutscenes ala final fantasy. so much for interesting story and characters.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
misfit119 said:
archvile93 said:
cjackson92 said:
archvile93 said:
Well, I guess that's what happens when you build your company on the mistranslation that excessive difficulty means fun.
..and yet it is in my top ten. I guess that's what happens when you make a good game.
Not to me, I think I'll go with Yahtzee on this one.
Ah, see that's the problem right there. You're letting other people think for you. If you paid attention to said game you'd know that Atlus only translated the game and brought it to the U.S. So whether you like that game or not it has little to do with Atlus itself. Try looking at their library of games before judging a company for one game that they translated and saying it's a terrible company. Or just ask Yahtzee what he thinks before posting.
Or I've played some of the games and I agree with him you moron.

Nicarus

Feb 15, 2010
I hope SMT and stuff can survive this. They make games that are a change of pace. Know what I mean?

"Another space marine...ugh. Random kids saving the world...not again. RPG revolving around a murder mystery and the macabre nature of the mind...hell yes!!"

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
If Atlus goes down then I swear to god I'm going to be so pissed that I'm going to nerd rage on everyone I see.