Atlus Pulls Catherine Demo From PSN in Japan

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
sravankb said:
MercurySteam said:
Never played an Atlus game but this one looks to be worth sinking my teeth into (hehe, get it?).

Never the less, if it comes out on XBL in my country I'll take a look at it.
Reference to your avatar? BTW, where's it from - Hellsing?
Sure is. It's from the freshly dubbed OVA episode IV. The .gif was made by me.

speakeasysyn

Aug 19, 2010
Sakurazaki1023 said:
The Gentleman said:
Macgyvercas said:
Why, why, WHY IS THERE NO WESTERN RELEASE DATE!?!
If I had to guess, probably because the western games industry (or rather, the US) is still hurting from the ME1 sex scene "scandal" trumped up by Fox News and Christian Fundamentalist groups. In case you missed it, there have been a number of games killed in development because the material was controversial (6 Days in Fallugah being the most noted one) and as a result, publishers are being extra cautious about controversial releases.
That being said, Atlus is far more niche than Bioware. Atlus has made no effort to censor any of their games in the past and given their recent success with the western release of Persona 4, I doubt they'd let this one stay in Japan. If I had to guess, they will probably wait until shortly after the Japanese release date before quietly making the announcement. Since Atlus relies so much on word of mouth, I doubt their sales would be affected by the lack of a ad campaign.
I think Atlus mightt just release this. It's their first HD game and it's not the usual "high schoolers saving the world" idea like in Persona 3 & 4. The one problem, as stated before is still the whole sex-scene deal.

In my personal opinion I'd LOVE this game. Just...the supposed 20 hour game time seems short, but the six different endings is cool. But then the puzzles...I hope they don't get repetitive.