Atlus Summons Persona Sequel, Update, and 2D Brawler

Aeryn Seoung

Aug 21, 2009
I need this game. I need this game. Oh gods, I really need this game. I simply must have it, I want to beat everyone to a pulp with Aigis.

Venats

Aug 22, 2011
So... do we get to use Persona 3's MC (and does every opponent simply roll over dead due to Death/Universe Arcana when doing so?) or is he going to be absent/boss? I've always wondered how you put a god-like character into a fighting game without making him seem weak...

Apr 28, 2008
Dreiko said:
Screens of the fighting game:

By the makers of Blazblue indeed :D.

Scans of The Golden and Ultimate Mayonaka from Famitsu:

The Golden will have a new character named Mari (she is the girl with the striped knee-socks in the scans), 50% more voice acting, more anime cut scenes, customizable outfits (you can see Yukiko wearing a Santa hood in one of the scans) and other epic stuff.

GET HYPE! XD

I want all of it. I want all of it RIGHT FUCKING NOW! AHHHHH! MUST HAVE, MUST BUY!

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Venats said:
So... do we get to use Persona 3's MC (and does every opponent simply roll over dead due to Death/Universe Arcana when doing so?) or is he going to be absent/boss? I've always wondered how you put a god-like character into a fighting game without making him seem weak...

This takes place a few years after the end of P4 so either he's going to be unusable or how he becomes usable may very well have something to do with the fighting game and is how they all may be brought together come P5.

All this is of course speculation, but it's fun to dream. Why, if 2 days ago someone told you about a Persona 4 fighter made by Blazblue's makers, you'd call that a dream too, wouldn't you? :D

Venats

Aug 22, 2011
Hopefully P5 will deal with said P3 MC, but we'll see. The reason I was curious about the fighting game is because they give us Aegis (at the very least) and probably going to include all other Wild Card holders, but the MC from P3 was sort of in a league of his own.

We shall see... (Prepares to buy a Vita)

Venats

Aug 22, 2011
Dreiko said:
The MC in P2 is much stronger than Minato anyways, I doubt he'll be in though.
I would say Death/Nyx + Messiah + Universe Arcana makes the P3 char the most powerful but I feel that this ends up falling into the realm of opinion/how you viewed the endings of the games.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh!!!!

This...this news is just amazing :')
I have to start saving up for a Vita...NOW! Screw you 3DS!
Oh Atlus, I love you. So, so much :D

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Venats said:
Dreiko said:
The MC in P2 is much stronger than Minato anyways, I doubt he'll be in though.
I would say Death/Nyx + Messiah + Universe Arcana makes the P3 char the most powerful but I feel that this ends up falling into the realm of opinion/how you viewed the endings of the games.
I think in the end it comes down to the ability to use 2 persona at the same time versus what happens at the end of innocent sin. (lots of people haven't played that game yet so I'll leave it at that)

But yeah, this has been discussed a lot already and I doubt we'll be solving it today :D.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Atlus... Just take all my money already, will you? You obviously seem to be doing your best to get it all anyway. Just take it all now and get it over with. I am yours. Forever.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
AbstractStream said:

actually if wikipedia is correct then a persona game may be coming out for 3DS...

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I will buy all of this, even though I've barely done anything in P3P since I got it.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Though i do love Blazblue the idea of turning Persona into a fighting game can be a bonus and even be fun but i'm not totally with the idea of doing that because it's just like when Mario and Sonic had their attempt at a sport type of game and although it looks like this one might work i still love the original idea of what Persona is.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
werewolfsfury said:
AbstractStream said:

actually if wikipedia is correct then a persona game may be coming out for 3DS...
That's just the P1 remake that PSP got, not anything new.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Initial reaction: Du diza what?
Second reaction: Nah, they're just going to talk about the anime, no way Atlus is going to P5.
After clicking and reading the article:

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
BrownGaijin said:
Initial reaction: Du diza what?
Second reaction: Nah, they're just going to talk about the anime, no way Atlus is going to P5.
After clicking and reading the article:
Check out the pics I have in the first page too, they're quite something :D.

Gingernerd

Jan 16, 2010
It would be cool to involve other SMT characters than P3 and P4 in the fighting game. A bonus outsider like Tatsuya from P2 would be nice. This is all incredibly exciting though as is it!