Atlus to Clear Up Confusion Over Catherine With Demo

littlewisp

Mar 25, 2010
For.I.Am.Mad said:
They could just, you know, tell us what it's about and how it plays instead being mysterious.
Mysterious done right = hype. Hype = better press.

Considering how many people are chomping at the bit, I'd say they are doing mysterious the right way. I'm interested.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
littlewisp said:
For.I.Am.Mad said:
They could just, you know, tell us what it's about and how it plays instead being mysterious.
Mysterious done right = hype. Hype = better press.

Considering how many people are chomping at the bit, I'd say they are doing mysterious the right way. I'm interested.
Agreed, I'm itching to try it. Unfortunately I live here in Ireland so I'm unlikely to even get a look in without smuggling it in with some heroin (the heroin will be paying for the smuggling).

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
deth2munkies said:
D_987 said:
deth2munkies said:
Why are we supposed to care about just another Japanese sex game? There have been like 20 news posts on this damn game and quite frankly its getting annoying.
This post just shows how many of those "20 news posts" you actually read...
Two on the box art, one for every trailer, artwork, or even slight mentioning of something about this game. Someone on the staff has an unhealthy obsession with this game that looks by no means extraordinary.
Then surely you've also read that it's being developed by the same team that made the Persona series of RPGs. Aside from being some of the best JRPGs to come out in recent years, the third title from the series is well known for being one of the most mature takes on sexuality and gender issues that you can find in a video game.

So, yeah, I'd find it pretty surprising if Catherine turns out to be "just another Japanese sex game".

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
I don't think I'll play the demo, I'll just save the confusion for if I bother to buy the whole game.

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
This will one of those games I will play at weekends at night when no friends are around so I won't feel like a pervert. It's from the Persona guys so I'm sure it won't be too over the top...Though considering how laughable Kanji's and Rise's dungeons from Persona 4 that's not to be expected.

May 25, 2010
broken-serenity said:
Atlus should spend less time with this sort of thing and more time opening an EU office so more people can play there games around the world instead of just a token few in Asia and the US.
I know, right? I'm sick of waiting months for some of the best games anybody is bothering to make this generation. The wait for Demon's Souls was 9 months! And well over a year if I consider the Japanese version. God knows when we'll get Catherine here in the EU. I'm 16 right now, and I was worried as to whether I'd be able to legally purchase it but all things considered, I'll probably be old enough by the time somebody bothers to release it here.