Atlus Ultrasound Teaser Gives Way to Conception II Localization

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Atlus Ultrasound Teaser Gives Way to Conception II Localization

The bizarre teaser site Atlus created a few days ago was for the North American localization of RPG Conception II.

Atlus first teased everyone with a strange ultrasound image of a fetus [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129688-Atlus-Gives-Birth-To-Ultrasound-Teaser-Site] a few days ago. The site had a few hints of being related to RPG Conception II: hints at babies and the name of the web format file being "sc_c2.swf." Atlus announced today, with the unveiling of an official English website for the game, that it will localize Conception II for the 3DS and Vita.

Conception II is the sequel to a Japan-only RPG on the PSP, but the second in the series is a standalone story. The player controls the main character, a disciple with powers from a Star God to fight monsters. To take on the immense amount of monsters, plus a disciple's powers disappear at age 18, you have to "make" star children by giving presents to female characters to build your relationship. Despite the weird - and somewhat insulting - mechanic, the game is firmly an RPG and has a combat system with directional weak spots.

[gallery=1910]

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars launches in spring 2014 for the 3DS and Vita. There isn't much information on the game's official website right now, but Atlus released several colorful screenshots of the game to give everyone an idea of what it looks like. It sounds like a wacky enough game for Atlus to give it a shot outside of Japan.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.atlus.com/conception2/]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Sooooo.... it had nothing to do with Persona 5? Aw man :(

There's still that weird countdown to look forward to I suppose.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
I expected it to be related to Conception, but didn't expected it to be a localization. Now I'm just wondering why they skipped Conception 1 for the PSP, and directly jump to the 2nd in VITA.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Fappy said:
Sooooo.... it had nothing to do with Persona 5? Aw man :(

There's still that weird countdown to look forward to I suppose.
Oh, I feel your pain there, man. However, it is a fact that Atlus does more than Persona/SMT-related games. Hang in there, baby.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
So, instead of Persona 5, we get this... thing?

Also, there's no way its as bad as the article makes it sound, surely. They're probably exaggerating.

*reads the Wikipedia page*

Oh.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
RaikuFA said:
So when can we expect the angry comments crying sexism?
This game is way too obscure to have people come out with the pitchforks, even in Japan. I'm honestly surprised Atlus is localizing it considering its meh/poor first week sales in its home country. But to be honest, even though I'm a big fan of Atlus games, I'll be skipping this one. A lot of the character designs are uninspired moeblob crap or pointlessly sexualized (or both!), the front-and-center game mechanic is kind of creepy, and honestly it just looks solely like a cash in on otaku dollars, no others need apply. The Japanese trailers filled to the brim with overly jiggling boobs and lingering crotch shots and touching under-18 girls in bikinis did not instil me with hope either.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
xyrafhoan said:
RaikuFA said:
So when can we expect the angry comments crying sexism?
This game is way too obscure to have people come out with the pitchforks, even in Japan. I'm honestly surprised Atlus is localizing it considering its meh/poor first week sales in its home country. But to be honest, even though I'm a big fan of Atlus games, I'll be skipping this one. A lot of the character designs are uninspired moeblob crap or pointlessly sexualized (or both!), the front-and-center game mechanic is kind of creepy, and honestly it just looks solely like a cash in on otaku dollars, no others need apply. The Japanese trailers filled to the brim with overly jiggling boobs and lingering crotch shots and touching under-18 girls in bikinis did not instil me with hope either.
Is it worse than Time and Eternity though?

Cause golem babies looks funny to me.