Attack On Eyeballs

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Don't know the show, so I didn't get it at first. Then I googled the show... and now I think I get it? "Full-blown" is a double entendre, right?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
My advice; don't bother with the show.
Ranks as a mere OKAY, if you've seen more than a few Anime...
There's tons better out there.

Dec 14, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
My advice; don't bother with the show.
Ranks as a mere OKAY, if you've seen more than a few Anime...
There's tons better out there.
Says the person with a Claymore avatar.

I lol'd

OT: How could you not like Kawaii Titan!

[HEADING=1]SO KAWAII![/HEADING]

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
-Snip-

[HEADING=1]SO KAWAII![/HEADING]
Feth that titan in particular.

Watching the show with someone else... might bug them to watch more when they get home later >.>

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
The show is slightly above average at best.
I don't know why people are treating it as the next coming of anime jesus.
It's not THAT.GOOD.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
l3o2828 said:
It's not THAT.GOOD.
You're watching it wrong, go back with the assumption its a black comedy rather than a drama, it's absolutely hilarious.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Requia said:
l3o2828 said:
It's not THAT.GOOD.
You're watching it wrong, go back with the assumption its a black comedy rather than a drama, it's absolutely hilarious.
Hahaha

I shall.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Titans don't have genitals so don't count as being naked!

As a 40k fan, im rather fond of Attack on Titan for its high casualty rates amongst the cannon fodder and a certain air of mystery and despair as time and time again heroic charges end up in disaster.

When eren got eaten that first time i was cheering and ready to worship Attack on Titan as a totally awesome anime which ain't afraid to take risks...Meh that didn't last :/

Ain't gonna say its best anime evar and wouldnt know enough about anime to make such a call anyways, but i just enjoy how expendable everyone is and taking bets on peoples survival rates. Hopefully it can keep up this vibe.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
l3o2828 said:
It's not THAT.GOOD.
It seems like years to me since an anime came out that wasn't so pure shonen formula it lacked any defining characteristics. (Nice idiot gains superpower, PG streetfights, follows his own justice and never gives up)
Last one I can remember was Code Geass and this goes even further to remind me almost of Berserk.

I'm not a huge fan of this anime but it is the first in years that Ive even bothered to remember the name of.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
l3o2828 said:
It's not THAT.GOOD.
Lots of action, above average animation, and, although the plot is quite mediocre, it has some twists, which makes people think they are watching something deep.
Oh, and characters die here and there.
A paradise for shonen fans.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The big question is: Does it count as fan service?

l3o2828 said:
It's not THAT.GOOD.
I have heard that about every single popular thing ever.

It is called differing tastes. I don't get why anybody likes COD, but considering it is one of the best selling games ever made, clearly it's good for a lot of people.

Although like the person who got a warning said, the manga is better. If only because it doesn't have an insane amount of filler. If they cut out all of the padding in the anime it'd be as far as the manga by now. They added padding to stop it from catching up too fast, and unfortunately it really shows.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Is she supposed to be squinting out of shock for the gore, or does it have something to do with the naked thing? I'm not sure I get the joke.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
the pacing. so sloooooooooooooooow
but it builds really great atmosphere, much more than the manga the anime makes you feel like the fight is basically hopeless. and when the titans are fighting it actually feels like they are huge, which is always a big plus.
and the first 13 episodes have the best opener of anything ever.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
Is she supposed to be squinting out of shock for the gore, or does it have something to do with the naked thing? I'm not sure I get the joke.
If I am understanding it correctly:

She sees Erin watch an anime about people in swimsuits.
Gets told this one has full nudity.
Realises what kind of nudity it is (google Attack on Titan if unfamiliar with it).
Is wincing because it's not what she had in mind.

Kind of like if somebody said "Do the Saw films have people solving puzzles?" and somebody responds "Oh yes, they solve a lot of puzzles". It's true, but a person who hasn't seen the films isn't going to be expecting how exactly they go about doing it.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Eugh, I would watch the show, but the angst really turns off.

Also those cringeworthy lyrics(when translated to English).

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The strip would have probably been a bit more topical if it had come out a few weeks ago ;)

For those who haven't seen it it's worth a shot. It's not perfect by any stretch, but its got some decent bits.