Australasians, where do you get your games?

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
Ozgameshop and steam are my main sources of games currently. I sometimes get something off of play asia or Good Old Games, though. got The Witcher 2 for $45 on release, because i set my country to united states, thus getting it cheaper.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
Sober Thal said:
Snipped for overwhelming stupidity.
The thread is "Australasians, where do you get your games?" not "Corporate bitches, come in and act like trolls." so kindly take your stupidity elsewhere thank you.
Besides, if you used a touch of common sense you would realise that most people who work dont live with their mommies. So also have bills to pay. So can not afford a new game every day.
Plus I see you are from Chicago so its pretty safe to say you know nothing about the world because if you did you would know that Australasia includes places other than Australia, most importantly New Zealand.
And why the fuck should people be expected to pay double for the same shitty product? Especially since the AUD is superior to the USD.
Besides, it aint my job as a consumer to pay more for less, so no one asked you for pity.
Please keep your stupid trolling comments to yourself as we do infact mind your idiotic hate. Thanks.

Random Fella said:
I use this site http://www.nzgameshop.com/
Reasonably good prices
I got Skyrim $80 NZD when it was still new
EDIT: And shipping is free
Ya, its the same company as ozgameshop so depending on exchange rate and current national holidays you could get the same game from the same company for cheaper.
Cmon mother fucking Waitangi Day! Daddy has a whole list of shit he wants.

Nov 6, 2011
Hmm well I use Ozgameshop when I dont mind waiting three weeks for a game but i find myself using Stea far more often, especially during sale season. I dont know if NZ has Big W but i also often find that when a game has just come out they often have it $10-20 cheaper than placeslike EB, JB-HIFI is similar in this respect, so when I want something on release and dont feel like waiting on ozgameshop's delivery time I'll hit them up. But yeah Steam is pretty awesome, apart from those particular games that for some reason are sold at roughly the same price as local retail.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
Ordered Chrono Trigger and FFIII from ozgameshop nearly two weeks ago. I'm still waiting for them though. Under $50 for both of them, while EB had Chrono Trigger for $33 pre-owned.

figday

Mar 22, 2011
Well, I gotta be honest. In my city and country, PC games are hard to come by, almost impossible. I had my share of piracy. But god bless Steam, now I don't need to rely on brick and mortar shops.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
Gamesmen,Eb games(fallout collection ftw),Jb hifi,steam and Game and dick smith for older games

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I used to get mine from EB Games or GAME, but then started getting a few from eBay. My friend recently told me about game-lane.com.au (not sure if it ships outside of AUS though) and I just bought CoD:WaW on there for $29.95 where it's over $30 (maybe $40) at EB. If game-lane turns out to be good, I'll contunie buying from there, only getting games from EB or GAME for exclusive editions.
And thanks to the OP for alerting me to ozgameshop. Looks a bit cheaper than game-lane. :p

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Sober Thal said:
You cheap skates.

Australia has one of the the greatest minimal wages, yet you still ***** about average costs for luxury items, really? lol

Answer me this.... How can you ask for pity when you only have to work for one day making minimal wage, to afford to buy a new AAA game?

What is wrong with you that makes you complain about this simple work ethic way of life?\

How fucking spoiled can some people be???

Answer? I dare you I FUCKING DARE YOU!!!

Don't mind the hate. It's nothing but an endless cycle that none of us want to endure, eh?
He said he lived in New Zealand, and minimum wage over here is not that high like Australia
But the question was asking wether there were any recommendations for places to get games for cheap
What's the point of competition in a game market environment if you don't hunt for the cheapest prices
You're just not reading the thread properly

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
EB Games and Jb Hi Fi.

But hopefully I will be able to get games on steam soon...only when I figure out how to buy them with my damn CARD!!!

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
I get most of my games from Dungeon Crawl. So far I've never had a bad experience with them and they are usually $10-20 cheaper then retail.

http://www.dungeoncrawl.com.au/

Sober Thal said:
Yeah, you got me there.

I should probably edit my other post, eh?

I just like to post about how unfair it is for Australian gamers to get their new games for as little as $120.

I really envy them their 'problems'.

sigh

Jealous rage and all that...
It's not just luxury goods that at more expensive over here, it's everything. Food, water, internet, electricity and petrol (gas for Americans) are all more expensive over here, despite our dollar being so strong at the moment.
That means that if you have bills to pay, it can be hard to afford to buy new games at retail prices when they are so stupidly overpriced.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I pretty much always buy them from JB Hi-Fi. I don't really have any established way of purchasing items online, and I prefer a physical copy.

FurinKazanNZ

Dec 30, 2009
The only game I've bought off-sale is StarCraft II, from JB HiFi, pretty much every other game I haven't gotten as a gift is from Steam sales.