Australia's Rau: Reappraise These Games' Ratings

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Poor australisns, they keep having completely braindead people in their goverment it seems.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
...What? I? What?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Fuck off you stone age politician. For fuck's sake why do we keep having these dramas in this country, the rest of the world seems to manage fine. Why the fuck is a so called developed country having so many problems with establishing a decent ratings system and sticking to it!

I hate this country at times.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Ed130 said:
As a kiwi I would like to take to opportunity to point and laugh at the broken Australian censorship process.

And for those of you who are intrested only Deadpool, Gears of War: Judgement, and The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct recieved R18 in New Zealand. All the others got a R16 rating except for COH2 which was R13.
As a fellow kiwi, I feel obligated to point out that our govt has been making some really dumb things happen lately, and we can only hope they don't try something like this and change how it works here.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
NZ and Australia is pretty soft on strategy games for its content, especially if it's 'moderate science fiction violence' which is really a bunch of baloney.
chozo_hybrid said:
Ed130 said:
As a kiwi I would like to take to opportunity to point and laugh at the broken Australian censorship process.

And for those of you who are intrested only Deadpool, Gears of War: Judgement, and The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct recieved R18 in New Zealand. All the others got a R16 rating except for COH2 which was R13.
As a fellow kiwi, I feel obligated to point out that our govt has been making some really dumb things happen lately, and we can only hope they don't try something like this and change how it works here.
And as another fellow Kiwi too young to vote considerably younger, I entrust you guys with the future of our country.

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
Nouw said:
NZ and Australia is pretty soft on strategy games for its content, especially if it's 'moderate science fiction violence' which is really a bunch of baloney.
chozo_hybrid said:
Ed130 said:

And as another fellow Kiwi too young to vote considerably younger, I entrust you guys with the future of our country.
I didn't vote for the people in power... So don't blame me XD

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Well, since we got a PM who doesn't believe in global warming I've stopped having such a high opinion of my country. So fuck this guy, but really, what do we expect. We've had bastards like this against video games for decades.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Well you know what they say, every vote counts x3.

Pickles

That Ice Ain't Nice
Mar 1, 2012
Country
Australia
MeChaNiZ3D said:
Well, since we got a PM who doesn't believe in global warming I've stopped having such a high opinion of my country. So fuck this guy, but really, what do we expect. We've had bastards like this against video games for decades.
He just seems to dislike science in general.
We didn't need a Science minister right? Or the scientists at CSIRO?

...right?

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
Nouw said:
chozo_hybrid said:
It does, and it's why I vote :D To not do so, unless you feel no one represents your views, is silly and doesn't halp anything.

At least we have yet to have any games affected by stuff like this, worst we've had is a few bans, and those games all kinda sucked anyway.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Nouw said:
chozo_hybrid said:
It does, and it's why I vote :D To not do so, unless you feel no one represents your views, is silly and doesn't halp anything.

At least we have yet to have any games affected by stuff like this, worst we've had is a few bans, and those games all kinda sucked anyway.
Yup, can't say Reservoir Dogs and Manhunt are heavy losses to New Zealand's game library hehe.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Breaking News: "This just in, Australian government thinks games are bad."
"In other news, grass grows, birds fly, sun shines and Michael Atkinson molests dogs."

Seriously, what is with these Australian Attorney's and their hatred of the games industry? Did a copy of GTA San Andreas run over Rau's pet dog or something?

Apr 5, 2008
Why does it cost £28,000 to reappraise the games? £30 each on steam is £360, wages for two employees playing one game each per day for 6 days each @ £1,200 each (very well paid) and the paper to print out their decisions @ £10. That's £2k. Stop wasting money, Australia!

But really, what to Aussie ministers keep objecting against? Do movies get the same kind of treatment? Video games really get shafted over there, and I can't see how it's helping to be this obsessive. Harden the f**k up, Australia!

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Nouw said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Ed130 said:

Hey I didn't vote for National (but I did for David Bennett, seriously the guy wanders around the Waikato Uni campus looking for all the world like a normal student during O week).

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
Dear John Rau,

The next time you're going to grind $300K into dust and snort it up your fat snog-hole on a whim, please reconsider being a wasteful fuckwit and do something useful for the nation that pays you the salary which you have clearly never deserved.

- An Australian Taxpayer

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
gianttalkingpickle said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
He just seems to dislike science in general.
We didn't need a Science minister right? Or the scientists at CSIRO?

...right?
Nah, it's not like Australia was doing anything with science anyway. We'll just rely on mining for the backbone of our economy. Solves the problem of education too, don't have to know much to operate machinery, so we'll get rid of that.

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
MeChaNiZ3D said:
Nah, it's not like Australia was doing anything with science anyway. We'll just rely on mining for the backbone of our economy. Solves the problem of education too, don't have to know much to operate machinery, so we'll get rid of that.
Uh, just for the record, Australian science is responsible for some of the breakthroughs of the modern world, including the bionic ear (1979), the CPAP mask (1981), Spray on Skin for burn victims (1992), Wi-Fi (A method developed by CSIRO researchers used to "unsmear" radio waves that echo off indoor surfaces effectively making Wi-Fi viable) (1992), the unbeatable radar (detecting stealth aircraft by looking for turbulence instead of surfaces) (1995) and a variety of other inventions up to the first Quantum Bit in 2012.

Australia: Not doing anything with science.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
1Life0Continues said:
MeChaNiZ3D said:
Uh, just for the record, Australian science is responsible for some of the breakthroughs of the modern world, including the bionic ear (1979), the CPAP mask (1981), Spray on Skin for burn victims (1992), Wi-Fi (A method developed by CSIRO researchers used to "unsmear" radio waves that echo off indoor surfaces effectively making Wi-Fi viable) (1992), the unbeatable radar (detecting stealth aircraft by looking for turbulence instead of surfaces) (1995) and a variety of other inventions up to the first Quantum Bit in 2012.

Australia: Not doing anything with science.
Bro. Sarcasm.