Author Films Sega's Toylet in Action

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Author Films Sega's Toylet in Action

Author Matt Alt has generously released footage of Sega's interactive urinal game.

Well, if this doesn't persuade you to hit what you aim at, nothing will. Sega's Toylet has been out for a while now, but unless you live in Japan you may not have seen its stunning gameplay for yourself. Fear not; Matt Alt, author and co-founder - with his wife and collaborator Hiroko Yoda - of AltJapan Co Ltd, has stepped forward to do his duty. Thanks to his selfless sacrifice, now you know what it's like to party hard in Tokyo.

"This marks the first and hopefully last time I ever have to film myself in a bathroom," said Alt. Toylet isn't the only game to go where no videogame had gone before; UK company Captive Media came out with a similar concept last year. Its game trio offered trivia quizzes, skiing simulations and a knock-down-penguins shooting gallery; clearly the Brits favor accuracy over quantity. No such luck with the Toylet, as gameplay here is all about overwhelming your opponent - the faceless villain who visited the urinal before you did - with victory going to the one with the greatest output.

So congratulations to Alt, for taking one for the team. Let us all hope he never has to do so again.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5940542/a-video-game-first-urine-play-testing]

Xersues

DRM-free or give me death!
Dec 11, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Well this certainly takes the cake!
The urinal cake! Hiyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I believe the proper word for this is "Awefulsome"

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I'm not too surprised. After all, the West isn't shy about releasing little Shockwave applets where you play an increasingly drunk fellow who has to aim for the toilet even as his hazy vision and lack of balance both keep worsening.

The one difference is with Japan having such strict laws against the depiction of genitalia in any shape or form, euphemisms become part of everyday life. The only thing keeping us from plugging one of these little drunk-guy-peeing games in the loo is our insistence that there's a few things you just don't need to mix with a screen and some sort of interactive input.

Although, with metrics getting into everything and gamification turning into a more widely-discussed topic, I'm sure there's an off chance we'll see a future where guys have bragging rights about the highest wang-related PSI for their favourite watering hole.

Marak Daga

Feb 1, 2012
Im going to japan again in a few months, fuck time to hit the bars with the boys and see how this game works!