Autistic UK Hacker faces being shipped out to the US.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
barryween said:
Mentally underdeveloped or not, he has no right to hack into the US governments computers, no matter what he was looking for. He could have dangerous files and be a threat to us and even if he DOES have Asperger's syndrome he should know better. So I think the US is doing something that needs to be done, I mean, he could have done some major damage had he wanted to.
Being mentally handicapped doesn't give someone the right to rob a bank, so why is looking at government documents any different?

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
Mazty said:
...as frankly the UK judicial system is nothing short of a joke.
Truer words have never been said. Example:

Two teenagers brutally attacked an 81 year old man with lead pipes, and got off with 3 years.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
In my opinion they should show some Americans some tasty middle finger.

Went down in UK, should be judged in the UK.
By that logic, since the 9/11 attacks were planned by a guy in a cave in Afghanistan that means if Osama Bin Laden was caught he would have to be tried by Afghan law.

Gaycakes

Aug 27, 2008
I feel really sorry for this guy, he's clearly not that dangerous - in fact the Americans are lucky in a way that it was a middle-aged man that had a penchant for aliens instead of say, an actual terrorist with serious malicious intent.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Laughing Man said:

By that logic, since the 9/11 attacks were planned by a guy in a cave in Afghanistan that means if Osama Bin Laden was caught he would have to be tried by Afghan law.
The crime happened in the US, that's where the plane crashed >.>

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Halfbreed13 said:
This guy will die in prison, he should get help from a mental institute, not be thrown in jail with murderers.
Thrown in jail with murderers ? you realize all prisons aren't maximum-security right ? and no, they don't send hackers to "the hole" where you get shower-raped daily and shanked if you look at someone funny.

Please people, a little perspective here.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Ah the internet where things get complicated. Well think of it this way. If you visit another country and break a law there unless you call the embassy and get them to promise you'll be extradited in your native land. You're going to be tried by that country's laws. It?s the same thing. This is a bit more serious since it?s technically espionage.

He's lucky he doesn't live in the USA cuz than it might be treason. Which is a CAPITAL offense.

vamp rocks

Aug 27, 2008
if he is a UJS citizen then he should be extradited... if he is UK citizen then he should be tried by UK laws... in my opinion...

meece

Apr 15, 2008
You don't put someone that good into jail - you either hire him or convince him the Chinese are the ones hiding all the aliens

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
HG131 said:
DVSAurion said:
Basically, what he did was wrong. On the other hand, 60 years is a harsh penalty. I mean, the guy hacked into the computers, but he did tell how he did it, which helps to fix security issues. And he was looking for damn aliens, can he really be taken seriously as a criminal/terrorist? And well, he said that the US army was using Windows and anyone using windows thinking that it's completely safe is... well not exactly smart.
Macs have 0 protection, but I'm not going there. He was looking for UFOs and now they want him. I wonder why...
Linux on the other hand, has plenty good protection last I checked. There's no reason to use store bought OSs beyond them being cheaper and easier to set up. Would you rather have an easy to set up government system or one which is secure? I know which I would choose.

Laughing Man said:

Last time I checked, the 9/11 attacks took place at the Twin Towers, which were placed in New York City, which are part of New York State which is part of the United States of America. American soil.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
I'm not sure if he should be tried in America or not, but 60 years is probably a bit much. He should be punished in some way though, seeing as to how he's competent enough to hack into a government computer.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Gaycakes said:
I feel really sorry for this guy, he's clearly not that dangerous - in fact the Americans are lucky in a way that it was a middle-aged man that had a penchant for aliens instead of say, an actual terrorist with serious malicious intent.
I am glad at least one person sees it this way. Everyone is acting like mental dissabilities don't do anything. Everyone google sysmptoms of Asperger's syndrome, hten you will see how stupid the stuff you are saying is. He didn't even do damage and you give him 60 years in prison. Get him some mental help and call it a day. Jesus.

Have a cookie by the way.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Furburt said:
They say he caused 700,000 dollars in expenses but fail to mention that the only way he could have done that is by actively deleting files, which he did not do. The $700,000 they refer to is the money they had to spend to foolproof their system, which the hacker broke into under the influence of alcohol and marijuana. It's just the US doing what it always done, when it is remotely annoyed or embarrassed, it screams "Uhh! Terrorism! Liberty!!" and imprisons someone.
AHH MAN terrorists! LIBERTY! fuck yea...foolproof their systems? how did he get in then?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Honestly, the guy is playing up for the sympathy vote.

He's claiming he's not mentally capable. Aspergers or not he hacked into The Pentagon, The Pentagon. That's not really something you can do by accident, he knew what he was doing, he thought he could get away with it.

Unsurprisingly the Americans have come down on him like a ton of bricks, I don't think he should get 60years but he should stand trial just like anyone else, since his offences were targetted against the US government that's where he stands trial.

Incidentally the penalty for stealing/attempting to steal military secrets in the UK is life.

TickleMeGaryG

Aug 2, 2009
What he did was wrong and he knew that.
But.
He couldn't help himself due to his illness. You saw how addicted he got and what he lost.
America have realised that a man with an impulsion has managed to break "the most secure system ever" or whatever America label it they got embarrassed, made up a random large ammount of money that he "caused in damage" and assume him a terrorist.
He isn't a terrorist, or even dangerous. He was simply curious.
Yes he should be sentenced, but in Britain, and not harshly. He didn't do any damage.
It's as though America are accusing him of robbery when all he really did was breaking and entering.
If anything, it would be beneficial for America to use him to help make there security system better, but America would rather prosecute him than use his expertise. LOGIC AMERICA!

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Last time I checked, the 9/11 attacks took place at the Twin Towers, which were placed in New York City, which are part of New York State which is part of the United States of America. American soil.
and the servers that he hacked into where exactly where they stored?