Autistic Xbox Player's Mother Admits He Cheated

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Nowonder why the child is autistic. Way to use your childs disability to rip people off lol never believed them in the previous story either. Don't blame Microsoft for your fail lady.

Crystalite

Apr 2, 2010
Belbe said:
Nowonder why the child is autistic. Way to use your childs disability to rip people off lol never believed them in the previous story either. Don't blame Microsoft for your fail lady.
Seriously!? You are suggesting the mother made her child autistic? I´m sorry, but you do not know what you are talking about. And how exactly is the mother ripping someone off? Because her kid has some pixels he should not have?
I really don´t believe people somtimes.

What irkes me about the story is just that microsoft could not know that the child was autistic now, could they? He cheated, they labeled him a cheater, as they would anybody else. So when the mother then runs to the media, why did microsoft not respond with "how where we supposed to know!?"
Maybe they would have been more lenient because of the childs disability, which they had no way of knowing about? Do you give out that kind of information when signing up to the xbla?
I don´t understand the entire story...
But I don´t understand the outrage, either. Its just a kid, and its just Haloarmor...
This is not a crime, its just a minor error of judgement, made by a person in a very difficult situation, raising a handicapped child.
Why wont you calm down?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
ReiverCorrupter said:
squid5580 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
squid5580 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
squid5580 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
squid5580 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
Sparcrypt said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
What part of my argument do you not get? I'm not saying that you should tell anyone it is okay to cheat. I'm saying there's no point in punishing someone who doesn't understand what cheating is, because they wouldn't understand why they are being punished.
Or we can treat everyone equally?

This was not 'punishment' - it was the breaking of an agreement between the provider of the service and the customer. The outcome was what was specified would happen in the event of a certain breach of that agreement. MS would have had absolutely no idea the kid was disabled when they acted, nor would they need that information as it's not relevent.

They didn't even ban him anyway. They removed his ill-gotten gains and marked him as a cheater. Due to the complaining from the mother they have offered him free gametime and a new gamertag to start fresh - more then anyone else would be given.
You missed most of the argument. That's all a separate issue from what I was talking about. If it's not punishment, then fine. But labeling someone a cheater kinda seems like a punishment to me. I also wasn't saying that microsoft's actions were wrong, from their perspective they were doing everything by the book.

On a separate note, I think they removed ALL of his achievements whereas he only got one or two through cheating, which really seems bogus to me, regardless of the kid's circumstances. I think removing someone's bogus achievements and calling them a cheater is enough. Unless they've modded their Xbox, in which case they're not just cheaters, but have broken all sorts of other rules. Then they should probably be taken off Xbox live completely. Come to think of it, the person who gave the kid the achievements did that, so he should definitely be hunted down and have his xbox destroyed. The drug dealers are a lot worse than the drug users if you understand my analogy.
Oh sure you are right that the guy who did it should pay as well.

I gotta ask you something. If it was just some random non disabled person who had their score reset to 0 would you feel that that person should only have the achievements they can prove he cheated for removed? Since well just because they can prove he cheated for a few doesn't mean he didn't cheat for them all.
Definitely. It's about what you can prove. You can't convict someone of something unless you can prove it. I think the fact that they are labeled cheater is enough to imply to anyone that their other achievements are questionable. Like I said, this is divorced from any special circumstances or disabilities. To have cheated for just one achievement and then have all of your well earned achievements scratched is pretty messed up. I think having the label cheater is enough of a disincentive, it kind of makes your gamerscore meaningless as a bragging right. But like I said, if a person actually physically modifies their xbox then put the hammer to them.
Oh they catch you doing that it is the banhammer. They brick your console if they catch you doing that.
As well they should. I'm glad we agree on something.
We agree on alot more than you realize. I am not against giving special treatment to special people when it comes down to importance or neccesity. I am not against seeing a seeing eye dog in a restaurant. Or the special olympics. I think that is awesome. I know a few people who are involved with the SO and it does wonders for them. There is a slight difference between that and this. You see the SO have no impact on the other Olympics (winter, summer whatever). The seeing eye dog negatively effects no one. Cheaters on the other hand do. I love my achievements. I love competing for them. So what you have been saying is it is ok for MS to take something away from me, an innocent bystander, because he didn't know any better. I mean how is it fair or right for me to be punished for something someone else did wrong.

And I don't know if I mentioned this or not but how is only taking away the achievements they got caught cheating for a punishment or a detterent? I mean that isn't going to stop anyone from doing it at all. That is like getting busted for stealing and having to give the item back. There is no lesson there. You are just leaving the person in the same position that they started in. I am a firm believer in the punishment fitting the crime. And labelling a cheater on their gamercard and taking away all of their achievement points sounds like a fitting punishment to me.
See my other comment. My point was that it wasn't fair to the disabled person, not that it was fair to everyone else. Plus they aren't just taking away your achievements by cheating, if there is any loss on your part it is very slight and psychological. I was NEVER saying that it was fair to other gamers, it isn't, but that one scenario is just so different that it should make a difference.

As far as the deterrent goes, I'd say that the label 'cheater' is pretty much all you need really. It nullifies any gamerscore you might have. It would be even funnier if they labeled someone a cheater and gave them one billion gamerpoints because it would make anything they did completely meaningless and would be mocking them. Not that I'm saying they should do that, it would just be funny. But I reiterate, I think the cheater label does all of the work. I'd rather have them take away all my gamerpoints than just label me a cheater, even if I was allowed to keep them. Everyone on XBL will inevitably hassle you, you'd just have to create a new gamertag and there's not much else to it. At that point it doesn't really matter what your gamerscore is.

Not like it does in the first place, I know I don't really care about mine. Sometimes I like to complete them, but only on a game I really like, and not because it gives me some positive rush, but rather because it bothers me a little if I haven't. I don't really even like the gamerscore system, it just rewards you for consumerism basically. Mastering a game doesn't matter nearly as much as buying and playing a lot of games. It's a pretty blatant attempt at manipulation on the part of MS.
OK the billion thing would be funny. I loled when I read that. And I do agree that the cheater label may be a bit harsher than necessary. But just taking their achievements and not allowing them to earn them again may be a bit too light. But it is MS's playground so it is their rules. And it isn't like he is the only one this happened to for the record. At the very least they should be allowed to pay the 800 and change their name and have it removed. But on the flip side some people might care if they end up in a match with a cheater for any number of reasons.

So here is my reasoning. It isn't fair to the kid who doesn't know better to be punished. It isn't fair to MS or the rest of us to be punished for him not being punished (because losing the integrity of the achievement system is a punishment). And the only one that should be punished (the mother in this case) is untouchable. Unless MS sends an agent to her house to kick her in the nuts it will never be fair.
Sometimes things just aren't fair. I think we've reached agreement now. Yeah, I'm not sure they should just be allowed to pay the 800 MS for a namechange to get rid of the label. I'd say new GT altogether, lose all of the achievements. That's a pretty big reason not to cheat for them, and that way you don't have to guess at what they've cheated for and what they haven't. The beauty of the cheater label is that even if you only cheat once, you're still a cheater.
True but either way people are gonna know you cheated. Because either way you are going to have a bunch of zeroes. All those games that got reset would still be at 0 no matter how many times you play them. When you check someones games and see 20 zeroes all listed in a row you know something isn't right. Especially now that we can delete the gaming history if you have a zero under normal circumstances.

SHIFTYMACO

Oct 27, 2010
RatRace123 said:
Typical, stupid parents thinking their shitfaced spawn can do no wrong, so they'll ***** and moan until reality warps in their favor.
Microsoft gave the kid too much if you ask me, the company didn't have to give him anything. He should carry the mark of cheater on his profile.
I agree fully.

I hate cheaters with a passion!

BURN IN HELL STEVIE WONDER!!!!!!
(anyone who has played BlackOps knows what I'm on about)

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
strangeotron said:
jovack22 said:
If the mother agrees that the game "isn't a big deal" -- "it's not like he gave a bank password or anything", then why would she go to the media in the first place about the ban? haha

Looks like someone was hoping for a quick paycheck via silly lawsuit.
I suspect, like most mothers, she probably doesn't understand that there's a problem here at all. 'Cheating' for a bit of armour is not the same as stealing someone's wallet to people that don't play video games, or indeed anyone. To portray her as some manipulative media savvy golddigger is just appalling.
Appalling?
She went to the news because her son was labeled as a cheater on xbox live and lost his fake achievement points... I don't know. Something seems amiss here.

People have sued for crazier things in the United States.

urbanlight

Feb 4, 2011
This is a sad reflection of the insanity the virtual world has had. These are games. I realize they can be fun, but it's not life. Having a child with a disability, and trying to make them happy, is not odd, its natural. Were her methods the best, no, but think about where you are in your own life that you all seem to think there has been a serious injury...to anyone because of a fake game. Humiliating the handicap, that is low. It is a sad reflection of where the human condition is. No I'm not referring to microsoft, only to the feedback. Look inside yourself and hope you find some temperance for those less fortunate than us. Did I mention..it's just a game.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
ReiverCorrupter said:
InfiniteSingularity said:
Char-Nobyl said:
Char-Nobyl said:
Wait, what? Punished for cheating for a set of armor? Why the fuck is it even an issue Microsoft? He's not hacking for scores, he's hacking for Recon Armor. Why do you care? Get a grip
If you rob a bank, you get punished for stealing $10,000 just the same as you would for stealing $100. If you hurt people along the way (or, in this case, affect other accounts as a result of modding), then the case against you worsens.
Uh, yeah, okay. But if you rob a bank you are stealing something which rightfully belonged to someone. He just wants some Halo 3 armor, why is it such a big deal?
The same is true here. The armor set rightfully belonged to people who had earned it. He didn't earn it. Do the math.
The difference here is that this kid didn't take anything from anyone. People who have these achievements and/or recon armor still have it, it didn't get taken from them, because it's a copy of a file on a game disc. Whether he has it or not doesn't affect anyone in any way, except for the purists who seem to take it personally because they "worked for their achievements". And if they get caught up in the fact that some kid didn't work for the video game reward that they worked for, then I'm afraid those people are taking Xbox Live achievements far too seriously

Char-Nobyl said:
How do you think banks work? Specifically, what happens when someone robs them? Do you think that, when people deposit their money, it all goes into specially designated piles, waiting for them to withdraw it again? And when someone robs a bank, one unfortunate bank customer learns that their money pile lost X amount of money because his specific bills were stolen?

Here's the thing: money in banks is insured. Neither the bank nor those with money deposited in the bank is losing money from a robbery. So as long as no one gets hurt, bank robbery must be okay then, right?
Well, in the purest sense, no, of course not. And this is because money, as opposed to gamerscore, affects people's actual life in a very major way. And if some dick robbed a bank and became rich, bought a mansion and lived in luxury, then yeah, I would have a problem with that, because it's selfish given that there are homeless people, starving children and people living in poverty everywhere in the world, and that sort of money should go to the people who need it. But then I would dispute the bank robbery thing, because if there was someone in poverty who decided to rob a bank so they could get money to eat, then I would support that fully

Char-Nobyl said:
And it's only Xbox achievements anyway, if you're taking them so seriously that you think M$ is right, you need to get out more
lulz, the "if u keep arguing dis pont, den u hav no lif" argument. And you know what? I don't think Achievements have any inherent value to them, much in the same way that I don't think money has any inherent value. Value is a quality that takes into account many different factors, not the least of which being the work that went into them. Achievements represent work, much in the same way money does. I don't hold the two up to the same level of value, but that's beside the point.

And I can always fall back on the letter of the law. He broke the terms of use, and the suffered comparatively minor consequences as a result. He got off lucky.
This links back to my previous statement. Xbox live achievements are completely irrelevant - in real life and in Xbox. We play games to have fun, do we not? So why do we get so caught up in an arbitrary scoring system, and little rewards that we get while playing? And if a kid wants to have a bit more fun with some extra armor in Halo, what of it? Let the kid have some fun, and it's up to us older people to be more mature and deal with it.
I'd just like to point out that your argument is pretty similar to the general argument about internet piracy. Sure no one is physically taking something from someone, but if everyone pirated their music, movies, and videogames, then there would be no money in it and the respective industries would collapse, meaning that no one would get to have music, videogames or movies anymore. Furthermore, the more people who pirate, the less money the companies get for their games, and thus the public will get a more inferior product overall.

Not sure if any of that applies to gamerpoints though. It's just a matter of what's fair to other players. Look at Halo 2. The game was broken because of modders and lag cheaters. Rank was essentially just a measure of how much you cheated. If you don't keep a tight control on it, it will ruin the game.
Yes, that's true, but the argument for internet piracy is a bit extreme, given that we are dealing with downloading for free what people made to be sold, so no one pays for it, so people don't get any money, and for a lot of people (not all) in the multimedia industries, the money they get from their products is their income. So you are stealing money from people, in a sense, or their right to earn money from what they worked on.

So yes, you're right. But it doesn't apply to gamerscore in the same way. I know it's about fairness, but my point is that it's only gamerscore. You'll live, and it doesn't upset your overall enjoyment of the game (unless you take it way too seriously, which in my opinion is just stupid)

edit: I just realised that my first sentence was very long...

Alphalpha

Jan 11, 2010
ReiverCorrupter said:
squid5580 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
squid5580 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
squid5580 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
squid5580 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
Sparcrypt said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
Snip
Snipperroo
Snape
Snipe
Snap
Sniff
Snort
Snip
Snip
Sometimes things just aren't fair. I think we've reached agreement now. Yeah, I'm not sure they should just be allowed to pay the 800 MS for a namechange to get rid of the label. I'd say new GT altogether, lose all of the achievements. That's a pretty big reason not to cheat for them, and that way you don't have to guess at what they've cheated for and what they haven't. The beauty of the cheater label is that even if you only cheat once, you're still a cheater.
Wow. I'd just like to say that I have enjoyed your discussion immensely. My position is nearly identical to yours, but I couldn't have argued it as clearly, completely, or as composedly as you have. Both of you are grand examples of how to participate in a passionate but respectful debate.

OT: Uh, cheating is bad!

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Belbe said:
Did you really just say that it's her fault he's autistic? Wow, I don't even know how to respond to that in a nice way, so I'm not even bothering...

I just wanted to point out that she's a mother who wanted to make something better for her child, who was obviously upset about it and didn't really comprehend that this would happen. He was a kid for gods sake, I can't believe the commenters here. What would you do if your son had his hobby ripped away from him? A lot of us know how important it is to have escapism/games in our life.

Microsoft did the right thing by letting him be able to have a clean slate and basically offer a truce to the situation.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
klausaidon said:
I hate seeing mothers like this. I know if I got in trouble for something like this when I was a kid, my mom would have taken my Xbox away, and grounded me for awhile.

Reminds me of something that happened back in high school. I got in a fight, or rather, a kid got pissed off at me and started to punch me in the face. I didn't fight back, other then pushing him back. I got a day in detention, and he was suspended for a few weeks.(I'm not upset about that) However when talking to the principle about the event, he mentioned that his mom said "How dare that boy put his hands on my Son" or something in that light. Made me roll my eyes. When I told my mom about what happened, she gave me a stern lecture, and told me she doesn't care what the other kid did, he wasn't her son.
In the end, I found I learned something about mothers who ignore the misdoings of their kids, and blames other people/things for what goes wrong with their kids.
Also feel I should point out the kid was a known crackhead.
You do understand this child has a mental disorder right? This child probably couldn't understand the actions of what he was doing, sure he shouldn't have cheated, but now he has been labelled a cheater. Now if his name is found over the internet he will never be able to live that name down, he will always be called a cheater and he has had his experience ruined for him. But I guess he really deserves to be ostracized and mocked because he did an insignificant cheat in a game that happens to be his only entertainment.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
ReiverCorrupter said:
Char-Nobyl said:
Char-Nobyl said:
Wait, what? Punished for cheating for a set of armor? Why the fuck is it even an issue Microsoft? He's not hacking for scores, he's hacking for Recon Armor. Why do you care? Get a grip
If you rob a bank, you get punished for stealing $10,000 just the same as you would for stealing $100. If you hurt people along the way (or, in this case, affect other accounts as a result of modding), then the case against you worsens.
Uh, yeah, okay. But if you rob a bank you are stealing something which rightfully belonged to someone. He just wants some Halo 3 armor, why is it such a big deal?
The same is true here. The armor set rightfully belonged to people who had earned it. He didn't earn it. Do the math.
The difference here is that this kid didn't take anything from anyone. People who have these achievements and/or recon armor still have it, it didn't get taken from them, because it's a copy of a file on a game disc. Whether he has it or not doesn't affect anyone in any way, except for the purists who seem to take it personally because they "worked for their achievements". And if they get caught up in the fact that some kid didn't work for the video game reward that they worked for, then I'm afraid those people are taking Xbox Live achievements far too seriously

Char-Nobyl said:
How do you think banks work? Specifically, what happens when someone robs them? Do you think that, when people deposit their money, it all goes into specially designated piles, waiting for them to withdraw it again? And when someone robs a bank, one unfortunate bank customer learns that their money pile lost X amount of money because his specific bills were stolen?

Here's the thing: money in banks is insured. Neither the bank nor those with money deposited in the bank is losing money from a robbery. So as long as no one gets hurt, bank robbery must be okay then, right?
Well, in the purest sense, no, of course not. And this is because money, as opposed to gamerscore, affects people's actual life in a very major way. And if some dick robbed a bank and became rich, bought a mansion and lived in luxury, then yeah, I would have a problem with that, because it's selfish given that there are homeless people, starving children and people living in poverty everywhere in the world, and that sort of money should go to the people who need it. But then I would dispute the bank robbery thing, because if there was someone in poverty who decided to rob a bank so they could get money to eat, then I would support that fully

Char-Nobyl said:
And it's only Xbox achievements anyway, if you're taking them so seriously that you think M$ is right, you need to get out more
lulz, the "if u keep arguing dis pont, den u hav no lif" argument. And you know what? I don't think Achievements have any inherent value to them, much in the same way that I don't think money has any inherent value. Value is a quality that takes into account many different factors, not the least of which being the work that went into them. Achievements represent work, much in the same way money does. I don't hold the two up to the same level of value, but that's beside the point.

And I can always fall back on the letter of the law. He broke the terms of use, and the suffered comparatively minor consequences as a result. He got off lucky.
This links back to my previous statement. Xbox live achievements are completely irrelevant - in real life and in Xbox. We play games to have fun, do we not? So why do we get so caught up in an arbitrary scoring system, and little rewards that we get while playing? And if a kid wants to have a bit more fun with some extra armor in Halo, what of it? Let the kid have some fun, and it's up to us older people to be more mature and deal with it.
I'd just like to point out that your argument is pretty similar to the general argument about internet piracy. Sure no one is physically taking something from someone, but if everyone pirated their music, movies, and videogames, then there would be no money in it and the respective industries would collapse, meaning that no one would get to have music, videogames or movies anymore. Furthermore, the more people who pirate, the less money the companies get for their games, and thus the public will get a more inferior product overall.

Not sure if any of that applies to gamerpoints though. It's just a matter of what's fair to other players. Look at Halo 2. The game was broken because of modders and lag cheaters. Rank was essentially just a measure of how much you cheated. If you don't keep a tight control on it, it will ruin the game.
Yes, that's true, but the argument for internet piracy is a bit extreme, given that we are dealing with downloading for free what people made to be sold, so no one pays for it, so people don't get any money, and for a lot of people (not all) in the multimedia industries, the money they get from their products is their income. So you are stealing money from people, in a sense, or their right to earn money from what they worked on.

So yes, you're right. But it doesn't apply to gamerscore in the same way. I know it's about fairness, but my point is that it's only gamerscore. You'll live, and it doesn't upset your overall enjoyment of the game (unless you take it way too seriously, which in my opinion is just stupid)

edit: I just realised that my first sentence was very long...
Well, I don't care much about gamerscore either, it's the people who cheat in multiplayer that REALLY ruin the game for other people, and they should be the primary focus. After that, then you can focus on the people who cheat for achievements. True it's not that big of a deal, but it's still cheating and they should still be punished.

klausaidon

Aug 4, 2009
Dimensional Vortex said:
klausaidon said:
I hate seeing mothers like this. I know if I got in trouble for something like this when I was a kid, my mom would have taken my Xbox away, and grounded me for awhile.

Reminds me of something that happened back in high school. I got in a fight, or rather, a kid got pissed off at me and started to punch me in the face. I didn't fight back, other then pushing him back. I got a day in detention, and he was suspended for a few weeks.(I'm not upset about that) However when talking to the principle about the event, he mentioned that his mom said "How dare that boy put his hands on my Son" or something in that light. Made me roll my eyes. When I told my mom about what happened, she gave me a stern lecture, and told me she doesn't care what the other kid did, he wasn't her son.
In the end, I found I learned something about mothers who ignore the misdoings of their kids, and blames other people/things for what goes wrong with their kids.
Also feel I should point out the kid was a known crackhead.
You do understand this child has a mental disorder right? This child probably couldn't understand the actions of what he was doing, sure he shouldn't have cheated, but now he has been labelled a cheater. Now if his name is found over the internet he will never be able to live that name down, he will always be called a cheater and he has had his experience ruined for him. But I guess he really deserves to be ostracized and mocked because he did an insignificant cheat in a game that happens to be his only entertainment.
Yup, pretty much. His mental disorder is no excuse for breaking rules, and his mom should not have been making such a bad example by lying for him.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Hypothetical scenario: someone sets up a tray of cookies at the end of an obstacle course. The only prerequisite for eating those cookies is going through said obstacle course, and it's clearly stated that eating the cookies without having done so will be punished.

Yes, they're cookies. It's not like it's a stack of gold bricks. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what's at the end of the obstacle course: what matters is that you can go through it like everyone else and get those cookies legally, or you can cheat and accept the consequences if you get caught. And again, yes: cookies are not terribly valuable, and neither are achievements. Thus, the punishment isn't a fine or jail time. It's being labeled as the cheater you are over the medium on which you violated the clearly established rules, and losing your ill-gotten gains.

Well, in the purest sense, no, of course not. And this is because money, as opposed to gamerscore, affects people's actual life in a very major way. And if some dick robbed a bank and became rich, bought a mansion and lived in luxury, then yeah, I would have a problem with that, because it's selfish given that there are homeless people, starving children and people living in poverty everywhere in the world, and that sort of money should go to the people who need it.
See my above example with the cookies. That seems to clear up the issue you raised.

But then I would dispute the bank robbery thing, because if there was someone in poverty who decided to rob a bank so they could get money to eat, then I would support that fully
Irrelevant tangent aside, I argue against that. Crimes have a range of possible punishments for a reason. If there are additional circumstances to take into account, it's up to the law's discretion to scale the punishment up or down.

Uh-huh. Remember how I mentioned "the letter of the law"? Yeah, that. The kid broke the glaringly well-defined terms of use, and he was given an amazingly lenient sentence for the offense. That was a case of "us older people...[being] more mature" about it. I'm content with my above hypothetical.

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Crystalite said:
Belbe said:
Seriously!? You are suggesting the mother made her child autistic? I´m sorry, but you do not know what you are talking about. And how exactly is the mother ripping someone off? Because her kid has some pixels he should not have?
I really don´t believe people somtimes.

What irkes me about the story is just that microsoft could not know that the child was autistic now, could they? He cheated, they labeled him a cheater, as they would anybody else. So when the mother then runs to the media, why did microsoft not respond with "how where we supposed to know!?"
Maybe they would have been more lenient because of the childs disability, which they had no way of knowing about? Do you give out that kind of information when signing up to the xbla?
I don´t understand the entire story...
But I don´t understand the outrage, either. Its just a kid, and its just Haloarmor...
This is not a crime, its just a minor error of judgement, made by a person in a very difficult situation, raising a handicapped child.
Why wont you calm down?
Ok miss, did you even read? The mother knew her child cheated yet she tried to muddy a company for catching him and labelling him as they do all other cheaters. I don't see why just because the kid has autism that they should be given any leniency over that. The point here is the mother deliberately tried to make Microsoft look bad eventhough she knew they did absolutely nothing wrong. Error of judgement it may be, but it's injustice all the same.

And with the first comment, I'm not sure why you automatically assume she couldn't have say, taken in some harmful substances while pregnant or things like that.

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Trogdor1138 said:
Belbe said:
Did you really just say that it's her fault he's autistic? Wow, I don't even know how to respond to that in a nice way, so I'm not even bothering...

I just wanted to point out that she's a mother who wanted to make something better for her child, who was obviously upset about it and didn't really comprehend that this would happen. He was a kid for gods sake, I can't believe the commenters here. What would you do if your son had his hobby ripped away from him? A lot of us know how important it is to have escapism/games in our life.

Microsoft did the right thing by letting him be able to have a clean slate and basically offer a truce to the situation.
She was willing to falsely accuse and drag Microsoft's name through the mud knowing full well that her son did cheat, it just seems rather ignorant to me. I don't know why people still think this woman is some saint of a mother.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
bojac6 said:
Yep, pretty much exactly what I gleamed from the original story. Everything achievements related is easily tracked, why people think they can get away with faking it is beyond me.
Not to mention: what is the point of faking it? Gamerscore doesn't do anything!

VGCats wins again: