Avatar is out on DVD Now! YAY!!!

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Sorry, just wanted to say it!
In a totally related story, i am going to go now and not be seen or heard from for several days...BYE!!! *runs off giggling to be with the blue peoples*

In all seriousness though, it is here, the waiting is over... again. Who else has been looking forward to this? Does anyone else have any plans with friends/family to watch it? Or have you just been looking forward to it? Is it going to do as well on DVD as it did in theatre? Any Avatar lovers gone over to the dark side? Any Avatar haters come over to the Blue side?
And yes, i know there are going to be people who say it sucks and such, and i know that i can't stop you from saying so, but please please don't go trying to start a fight. You hate it, we know. It is like dances with wolves, we know. It is about blue cat people on a non existant fantasy world, yeah, we get it. And yes i am aware that many people do not care in the slightest about this release dat.
One way or another, this is probably the most useless discussion ever but, YAY, AVATAR IS HERE AGAIN! *resumes his mad dash to TV, dvd in hand*

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
No. I refuse to watch this on TV. The whole point of the movie was to look pretty, and I saw it on Imax. I've been spoiled, so I won't be getting it.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
crimson5pheonix said:
No. I refuse to watch this on TV. The whole point of the movie was to look pretty, and I saw it on Imax. I've been spoiled, so I won't be getting it.
Oh damn it, i wanted to see it in IMAX. HEre is hoping that the extended version, which is being released in the summer in theaters, will be in imax *crosses fingers*

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I may actually consider renting this movie from the store and watching it with my brother next time he comes home. I never saw Avatar in theaters mostly because 3D makes me nauseous and I couldn't find a convenient showcasing of it in non-3D. I've learned quite a bit about the film and I don't think I will enjoy it, but I always prefer to have personally experienced the things I hate. I feel like it gives more justification for my feelings, even if I already know enough about the product for those feelings to be accurate. Plus knowing my brother he is going to want to mock the movie with me.

I have to wonder if people are still going to hold this movie in such a high regard without its fancy special effects.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I might consider getting it if I don't need the money, which is unlikely. I saw it twice in 3d so having on DVD feels a little redundent.

QuickDEMOL1SHER

Oct 14, 2009
My answer to this thread is a profound and earthshaking "bleeehhhhh"
Avatar was kindof shitty, and the only thing that kept it from being a truly BAD movie was the spectacular CGI. I would guess that on a non-theater sized screen it become an even more fascinating "meh"

In response to the whole "It's just Dances with Smurfs" thing, I don't really care that much. What killed it for me was a mix between boring characters, IN YOUR FACE ecology message and bad guys that were so hilariously overdone that by the end I was actually rooting for the RDA.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
I may actually consider renting this movie from the store and watching it with my brother next time he comes home. I never saw Avatar in theaters mostly because 3D makes me nauseous and I couldn't find a convenient showcasing of it in non-3D. I've learned quite a bit about the film and I don't think I will enjoy it, but I always prefer to have personally experienced the things I hate. I feel like it gives more justification for my feelings, even if I already know enough about the product for those feelings to be accurate. Plus knowing my brother he is going to want to mock the movie with me.

I have to wonder if people are still going to hold this movie in such a high regard without its fancy special effects.
I am curious as to what you learned about it that makes you think that you won't like it.*insert cop-out argument* Sure it isn't perfect, but then what is.
Either way, i hope you do enjoy it.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
YOu know, its funny, the more popular somehting is, the more vocal the people who don't like it are. In fact, i have seen more people just be blatantly rude to people who liked the movie than anywhere else. It makes for some interesting discussions, but man does it ever get tedious after a while. No biggy though, everybody is entitled to thier own opinion. Besides, hate doesn't last as long as enjoyment. Soon the Avatar haters will find somehting else to do or hate, and we fans will be left in peace.

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
Soushi said:
YOu know, its funny, the more popular somehting is, the more vocal the people who don't like it are. In fact, i have seen more people just be blatantly rude to people who liked the movie than anywhere else. It makes for some interesting discussions, but man does it ever get tedious after a while. No biggy though, everybody is entitled to thier own opinion. Besides, hate doesn't last as long as enjoyment. Soon the Avatar haters will find somehting else to do or hate, and we fans will be left in peace.
Nope, I'll always consider Avatar exactly what it is. Shit wrapped up in a beautiful box, complete with bow and matching Sci-Fi paper. At least, unless it does me a favor and just dies.

Regardless, I'm not generally one to hate on a movie without my reasons. It's boring, poorly written, poorly acted, boring, the action was lame, and it's nothing we haven't seen before.

But that's just my opinion.

dehawaiiansupaman

Jan 2, 2008
The DVD release right now is sorta bare bones from what I heard. Its not going to have a lot of features or even include the new version they're rereleasing this summer. Its already planned that a "real" release is happening in the fall with the new content and scenes and more stuff. Probably be better to save your money.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
SniperWolf427 said:
Soushi said:
Nope, I'll always consider Avatar exactly what it is. Shit wrapped up in a beautiful box, complete with bow and matching Sci-Fi paper. At least, unless it does me a favor and just dies.

Regardless, I'm not generally one to hate on a movie without my reasons. It's boring, poorly written, poorly acted, boring, the action was lame, and it's nothing we haven't seen before.

*sigh* and this is exaclty what i mean. Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you went out of your way to try and start a fight. I will not indulge you, and will merely say: Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, even though it is totally wrong.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I quite enjoyed it in the theater (saw it in 3D but not Imax a weekend or two after it's release), but I have no plans to watch it at home. A lot of the film's appeal to me was due to the big screen experience. Without that, it's a good movie but doesn't stand out as one I ever want to see again.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
dehawaiiansupaman said:
The DVD release right now is sorta bare bones from what I heard. Its not going to have a lot of features or even include the new version they're rereleasing this summer. Its already planned that a "real" release is happening in the fall with the new content and scenes and more stuff. Probably be better to save your money.
well... i preordered it so... yeah... i guess i just lost the game there. But oh well, doesn't bother me too much. I had preordered it under the expectation that it would be teh whole package, but i guess not.

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
Soushi said:
SniperWolf427 said:
Soushi said:

*sigh* and this is exaclty what i mean. Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, but you went out of your way to try and start a fight. I will not indulge you, and will merely say: Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, even though it is totally wrong.
You went out of your way to imply that we are blatantly rude simply because we dislike a movie you like. Both parties are equally responsible. My post was simply a rebuttal.

Besides, why should you care? Haters gonna' hate. Especially on the internet.

Kilaknux

Jun 16, 2009
Oh, goody, now me and my friend can buy large amounts of them and burn them. Spolier: We didn't like the film.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I saw it in IMAX 3D, so nothing will do it justice. As a result, I will buy it, but the DVD will mean nothing. I will acquire a digital copy that is at least 8 gigs, and use it. A DVD just wouldn't do it justice. I'll buy it for support and legality, then I'll get an amazing digital copy.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
SniperWolf427 said:
Soushi said:
SniperWolf427 said:
Soushi said:

You went out of your way to imply that we are blatantly rude simply because we dislike a movie you like. Both parties are equally responsible. My post was simply a rebuttal.

Besides, why should you care? Haters gonna' hate. Especially on the internet.
Well... my point was supposed to be that the hate for Avatar seems especially bad. Besides, i merely pointed out the concept, you went out ofyour way to put in particulars. It has nothing to do with wether or not i like or dislike Avatar, i jsut don;t like it when people go after things that other people like period, i prefer it is people who like something could talk without people who don't like something trying to chip in thier two cents and fouling things up. Oh well, you are right, haters are gonna hate, no matter what. I don;t understand it myself, i try to keep an open mind and leave people alone, but there you go.