Avatar Producer Says 3D Glasses Need to be Sexier

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Get Oakley to make them, slap an O sticker on anything and thousands will come out of the woodwork to buy it price be damned.

ColdStorage said:
If 3D glasses were designed like my 8 year old pair of Oakley's then yes, yes I would spend 365 pounds on a game.
I rest my case!

edgeofblade

Jan 8, 2009
Honestly, this generation of 3D tvs is already a bust. Instead of skipping over page-flipping, active-glasses 3D, we are getting mired in a flickery bog of headaches.

We should be focused on developing polarized 3D displays and getting glasses that won't line Duracell's pocket. Is that really so hard?

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
Oh yes 3D works sooo well in movies...not -.- the colours are always off and a lot of people's eyescant adjust to the exposures the way they want to so it looks god awful. It's all drifting farther and farther away from proper gaming now focusing on fancy services, features and achievements. All causing gameplay story telling and general content losses.

How do we make glasses with a USB port?
This alone will make any glasses cost £300 easy. It'll basically be monitors in the glasses...so more like £500+ per pair.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
How about a pair of glasses that you can wear while wearing your normal glasses without feeling like someone punched you on the nose after 10mins.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
3D glasses need to be sexier?

I didn't even know cinema needed any fetishizing.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
USB ports in glasses?

USB ports...in glasses?

USB...glasses?

I've heard enough. Somebody find this man and bring him to my tower for execution.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
You know what isn't sexy? Headaches, like the type I get them from watching 3D movies.

In fact headache is almost a by-word for "I don't want to have sex right now".

Also on my hate list is the price for the home glasses, $100 per pair!!! Heavy as hell, charging problems and welcome to the hell of trying to eliminate the flicker that will inevitably crop up and be a constant pain in the ass trying to eliminate.

Fuck, I hate 3D.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
...3D glasses don't need to be "sexy", they just need to work. I don't care what I look like, especially if everyone watching the movie with me looks the same. In the immortal words of the Arrogant Worms, "if everybody does it, nobody looks stupid".

Seriin

Jun 4, 2009
Sexier? No.. think of who stereotypically plays video games. Nerds, right? Now what does a caricature of a nerd have already? Glasses.

To make 3D better, either get rid of the glasses altogether, which is possible, or make the 3D glasses comfortable to wear with regular glasses. Right now it is two and a half pains in the ass to try and see anything that utilizes this growing fad simply because I have to choose between discomfort, blurry because I can't see, or blurry because I'm not wearing the the special glasses.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
No, no they don't. If you're gaming with 3D glasses, you're probably gaming alone, & if you're not, no one if focused on your face. When you're in a 3D theater, no one is looking at you then either.

temporalcrux

Nov 9, 2009
What's not sexy about a "Where's Waldo" pair of shades?

Dude..... a "Where's Waldo" book in 3d.... I think I just blew my own mind.