Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Saelune said:
Also you're Australian! And honestly the Australian accent has never sounded fancy to me, so realizing you well, probably 'sound Australian' amuses me.
Not Australian, Victorian. Australia begins and ends with NSW. Victorians are marginally acceptable, however.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
ObsidianJones said:
OT: I had no idea who Jojo was when I first saw his new avatar. When I read his name, I thought "Wasn't there already someone here named Jojo?" So, yeah. Another point for avatars.
Yeah, I think we had someone called JoJoDeathunter or something like that. Don't know who this new guy is. Some sort of poser.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Drathnoxis said:
ObsidianJones said:
OT: I had no idea who Jojo was when I first saw his new avatar. When I read his name, I thought "Wasn't there already someone here named Jojo?" So, yeah. Another point for avatars.
Yeah, I think we had someone called JoJoDeathunter or something like that. Don't know who this new guy is. Some sort of poser.
Pffh, screw that guy. He's been trying to kill me for eight years now, and still hasn't managed it.

Sep 24, 2008
JoJo said:
Drathnoxis said:
ObsidianJones said:
Pffh, screw that guy. He's been trying to kill me for eight years now, and still hasn't managed it.
Well, there's only one thing to say to that.

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
I guess it comes down to personal preference some people are good at remembering faces then names and vice versa. So i am assuming the same principle might be in play and would be interesting if could truly find out with a poll.

As for my avatar I have really never changed it simply because the escapist is the only forum which has given me grief uploading.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
RobertEHouse said:
As for my avatar I have really never changed it simply because the escapist is the only forum which has given me grief uploading.
Your Avatar and username are themed though, like Canadamus_Prime. It would be wrong for either of you to change that.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wintermute said:
Mostly usernames. I have terrible memory but for some reason remembering names is one of my "talents".
I miss your other avatar.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Early in my time here I relied on avatars.
As time passed, I found myself recognizing usernames as well.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Usernames mostly.

Assisted by the fact that I inexplicably haven't been able to see avatars since the site updated too.

My own avatar dissappeared into the ether back when everyone got free pub club or whatever.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
It?s the username that I generally associate with the avatar. I?m guilty of complicating that every so often though. I wonder if avatars were held to the same standards of a username if it would be easier.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I recognize people by usernames more reliably, but the avatar is what I get attached to so long as the user doesn't change it often.
I've kept mine the same since some user animated it for me in a March Madness thread in 2011 or something.