Avengers: Age of Ultron Concept Art Posters - Final Update

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
tdylan said:
So...the Avengers taking on a swarm of generic, indistinguishable, foes doing the bidding of their true enemy? I'm not alone on this, yes?
Yeah, I'm pretty excited! Ever since the alien invasion in the first movie, I was wondering how exactly the Avengers would get to pummel a horde of enemies again. Course I'm not too informed when it comes to Marvel lore, but this is shaping up to look like a spectacle, if anything!

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Oh man. I think all the classic Avengers comic fans just wet themselves at seeing the Vision looking like that. The floating. The billowing yellow cape. Just perfection. Hopefully that's what we get in the movie.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Avengers: Age of Ultron Concept Art Posters - Final Update

Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron posters feature a massive showdown between our heroes and Ultron's army.

Read Full Article

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Nowhere Man said:
That's alot of Ultrons.
I'm worried about them being cannon fodder the the Chitari from the first Avengers movie. I'll still go see it in order to see how they/Ultron is used, but I'm really hoping it's not "fight your way through droves" again. They did that in Avengers, Stark and Rhodes did that in Iron Man 2, Thor (kinda) did that against the Frost Giants, Rogers took on (to a far lesser extent) scores of Hydra agents in "First Avenger," and we saw Widow taking down Hammer goons in IM2 as well. And realistically, how bad ass are these robots if Widow is able to take them in hand to hand? I think you get away with that once with the Chitari, but I'm not eager to see them fighting wave after wave of generic bad guys again.

My first instinct is "please let this just be promotional art."

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
tdylan said:
Nowhere Man said:
That's alot of Ultrons.
I'm worried about them being cannon fodder the the Chitari from the first Avengers movie. I'll still go see it in order to see how they/Ultron is used, but I'm really hoping it's not "fight your way through droves" again. They did that in Avengers, Stark and Rhodes did that in Iron Man 2, Thor (kinda) did that against the Frost Giants, Rogers took on (to a far lesser extent) scores of Hydra agents in "First Avenger," and we saw Widow taking down Hammer goons in IM2 as well. And realistically, how bad ass are these robots if Widow is able to take them in hand to hand? I think you get away with that once with the Chitari, but I'm not eager to see them fighting wave after wave of generic bad guys again.

You must be new to comics. What you are describing is pretty much every big fight in most every comic ever. The heroes fight the badguy's legions and eventually confront the villain himself.

Sorry to disappoint, but that's how it's going to be.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Makabriel said:
tdylan said:
Nowhere Man said:
That's alot of Ultrons.

You must be new to comics. What you are describing is pretty much every big fight in most every comic ever. The heroes fight the badguy's legions and eventually confront the villain himself.

Sorry to disappoint, but that's how it's going to be.
You must not read a lot of comics, because they're not all like that. I gave up on comics after Spiderman's "Brand New Day," but even then, the "make the hero fight through waves of bad guys" trope was pretty well worn. For example, Spiderman didn't fight through waves of bad guys before confronting King Pin in "One More day." In fact, he didn't fight anyone. He snuck into Riker's island where Kingpin was being held, beat the shit out of him, and then said "This is how easy it is for me to kill you. When my aunt May dies (because of you), this is how easy it will be for me to kill you."

Superman didn't have to fight through waves of enemies before facing Doomsday. Batman has often had to fight through waves before facing his rogue, but that's because, to paraphrase yatzee "What are batman's foes except villains with really good human resources departments?" And comics need to fill lots of panels with lots of action/spectacle. Movies do as well, but having the next Avengers movie not evolve beyond the "wave after wave of bad guys until we ultimately pull the plug on them" of the first Avengers movie doesn't bode well.

What's odd is that in Age of Ultron, the "we took out the boss, so all his minions died as a result" would actually make more sense than the Chitari all dropping dead when the mothership was destroyed in the first Avengers.

In other news, isn't War Machine supposed to be in this one? Does the color scheme of Ultron and the red glow remind anyone of War Machine from Iron Man 2? War Machine was grey/metallic in color, with red eyes. Ultron has red glow going on. Just wondering if that's a coincidence.

AliasBot

Jun 14, 2013
tdylan said:
Nowhere Man said:
That's alot of Ultrons.
And realistically, how bad ass are these robots if Widow is able to take them in hand to hand? I think you get away with that once with the Chitari, but I'm not eager to see them fighting wave after wave of generic bad guys again.
From what I can tell from the poster, it looks like she's wielding electric gauntlets (which I'm guessing are supposed to be one of her signature weapons, since they cropped in both of the recent Avengers cartoons, I believe - haven't seen much of Assemble, and haven't read the comics to be able to verify against them), which would at least add some zap to her usual punches. Whether they're putting out enough power to take down a robot or not, or whether electricity is even a weakness of theirs (in which case, Thor might be just a wee bit more useful), but it could explain why she isn't useless.

/end nitpick

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
aaaand Fauxhawk still looks like a chump. Glad the only character in the MCU I care about is also handled the worst.