Average Black Ops Player Spends $76 on the Game

Sep 14, 2009
i'm all for anyone with money can spend it how they please...

but jesus, the last time i saw such over priced garbage i was staring at the horse armor in oblivion.

seriously, it's fucking map packs that are usually rehashes that aren't even that good nor actually processed with any brain cells to determine if they are balanced or not. but meh..like i said, people can buy what they want i suppose, i know plenty of ppl IRL that spend their income on stuff like this in a heartbeat.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Alphakirby said:
I'm not saying that they can't,but think about this. Valve gave it's PC owners free updates to all it's games and the only reason they had to sell the DLC for Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 on Xbox is because it was Xbox.

What I'm saying is that Activision doesn't need to sell the map packs at $15 and that (excluding Capcom) most DLCs sold are worth whatever price they are at (Such as Old World Blues).

I just don't like Activision taking advantage of it all just because they can.
What are you talking about?

Valve give away free updates because they can do so via steam, it's their own service.

Does Activision run Xbox live?
Nope.

Activision can't distribute their products for free you know, we call them overheads.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Lyri said:
Alphakirby said:
I'm not saying that they can't,but think about this. Valve gave it's PC owners free updates to all it's games and the only reason they had to sell the DLC for Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 on Xbox is because it was Xbox.

What I'm saying is that Activision doesn't need to sell the map packs at $15 and that (excluding Capcom) most DLCs sold are worth whatever price they are at (Such as Old World Blues).

What are you talking about?

Valve give away free updates because they can do so via steam, it's their own service.

Does Activision run Xbox live?
Nope.

Activision can't distribute their products for free you know, we call them overheads.
I guess you have a point there.
Well I'm getting out of this thread before more people come to argue. xD

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Alphakirby said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Alphakirby said:
Seriously,this is what keeps Activision the way it is. Why the hell should anyone pay an extra $15 dollars for a map pack,not to mention that Activision pumps out these things like clockwork because they are easy to make and it's a safe bet that people will buy it.

Call of Duty fans,you really shouldn't take this as well as you do.
So, other people buying and liking things that you will never buy is somehow there fault? What do these map packs actually do to you? If you don't want to buy them, then don't!

Thats how companies work, activision has a massive hit franchise, and they like all most other companies, took advantage of it. If any other publisher had a game as popular as cod, then I can guarantee you that they would take advantage of it, one way or another. Also about the valve thing, you shouldnt say activision should be like valve, valve likes to act like they are the messiah of gaming, by giving people free stuff. What im saying is that nobody ever uses an argument against activision/EA/capcom that doesnt involve Valve or half life.

Justanothergamer300

Jul 5, 2009
Well I must be one of less average players beacuse I've yet to buy the first map pack even though my friends keep yelling at me

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
I think Killzone 3 got map pack pricing right. With the map combo pack, you get 8 maps for 10$. But I don't mind the CoD DLC too much. It's not like they force us to buy it, and it's not like our gaming experience is severely hampered if we don't.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
So? I hate to say it, but this isn't interesting. This is a statistical study of the amount spent on a single game. This is a blip of a data point on the lmacroscale of economics and not interesting on the microscale of games since we can't see individual buyers. All I can see happening here is "CoD sucks, killing the game industry, why do people pay money, I'm angry" comments.

Anti-Robot Man

Apr 5, 2010
I've never bought any of the map packs for COD, and at 1200 ms points and above I never will. I was bored of MW2's multiplayer before the first dlc even came out.

I'm curious whether these numbers took into account sales during DotW or any other promotions, let alone things like purchasing points cards for less than they are on the marketplace.