Awesome games you've only recently discovered

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
Are there any games, no matter how over or underrated, no matter how popular or obscure, that you've only recently picked up and have fallen in love with?

For me, Puzzle Quest and that portion of the Total War series that will run on my mid-ranged integrated graphics laptop definitely fit the bill.

Puzzle Quest is friggin' addictive. Buy it for DS or grab it on Steam; you won't regret it.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I'm currently playing wild arms 1 . Great game , first time i'm playing it . I played all the other ones except the original and yeah even with poor grqphics , the game is well worth playing.

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Elements for Xbox 360...

loljk - NEVER PLAY THAT GAME.

ShotgunZombie

Dec 20, 2009
Have you ever heard of an RPG called Folklore? Yes? No? Maybe?
I only discovered it a few months ago but from what I've seen it's awesome. In a nutshell it's a Japanese dark fantasy action RPG where your spells and attacks take the form of the enemies you've defeated. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a hold of a copy because I've been kinda broke for the last few months and with RAGE, Skyrim, and Arkham City among others arriving soon I doubt my financial status will improve anytime soon. Go figure.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Metro 2033. I passed it up when it came out because I didn't hear of it until it was released, and by then I had gotten Fallout 3 GOTY to suck my free time.

Let me just stop and say that I. LOVE. THE GUNS. How the viewmodel changes to represent how much ammo you have left on certain guns is so unthinkably immersive. All the guns look good, sound good, are animated good, and are so unique looking.

Shame that The Bastard is such a horrible gun though.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I am currently playing through Deus Ex, which needs no introduction, and a few months ago I finished Terranigma, also known as the 3rd best game on the SNES.
Anyone with even the slightest interest in RPG's should play it. Unfortunately, the game was never released in North America, so those who live here in the states or Canada may have to Mod there Snes's or play it on an emulator (I would tell you to donate to Quintet so they could get some credit but they are now defunct).

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
In the last month or two I've been checking out a lot of indie games. Games like Trine and Magicka are just brilliant.

I'm also slowly making my way through my GOG collection (very slowly, because I keep buying more). Arx Fatalis was my most recent find here that I thought was really a great RPG. The kind of game you just don't see these days.

I also only recently discovered Homeworld, and it was everything I'd been led to believe and more.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Just a few days ago I got Portal off Steam, it's pretty awesome.

Although it's not 'recent' per se I hadn't played Chrono Trigger until the DS version, which was amazing, that's recent compared to when it originally came out.

Also I had never played Ocarina of Time until the 3DS Port came out, so that was something I missed out on. I fell sorry for missing that as a kid actually.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Wipeout HD...completely ignored it during the Welcome Back Program. What a mistake that was!

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Portal, oddly. Though I think I'm going to need to surrepitously install Steam on one of the new full-HD-projector (and 130" screen) equipped Sandy Bridge i5's at work to be get a decent play experience, my old Pentium-M / i915 combination is struggling to keep up.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Chrono Trigger: only just picked it up on DS, love it to bits. Dunno if Ico and Shadow of the Colossus count, because I've known they're rad for ages but only just got ahold of them.

Politi

Feb 28, 2010
Metro 2033, as mentioned earlier by TheYellowCellPhone, and Dark Messiah: Might and Magic for the PC. Audiosurf too. And, to my chagrin, I just discovered the original Prince of Persia: Time Reversing Shirtless Man trilogy. I always knew they existed, I was always assured they were good games (despite some reviews claiming Warrior Within as literally the worst game ever), and I've enjoyed them to a pleasing degree.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
The KOTOR games. I really do enjoy them, despite the fact they don't like running on vista :(