Awesome Old Cartoons You Remember But Can't Identify?

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Really curious if someone can help me out with these (or has any of their own to add).

There are four, actually.

The first one is...slightly more recent (I remember it being out in my mid high school career, but not sure if it was reruns I saw). If I remember it correctly:
- It involved aliens somehow - except some were vampires (or something). There may have been some connection to Roswell.
- It was also...dark. Like - really dark. I remember voodoo, pentagrams, one episode where a lady transforms into a goat headed thing and one (awesome) episode where one guy fights a powerful baddie by taking him into his mind and essentially having a war using his imagination. The bad guy was trying to take over his mind I think. Could be a rough one to identify, but curious what it was.

The second one is an old one. It was drawn in an anime style, but I'm not sure if it was western or Japanese in origin. I can only really get fragments of this one, but:
- Three main characters, two male one female.
- Scifi/space setting.
- Main character could create a staff (or something) that could cut through anything. His name was Jay, or Jace or something.
- Second male character was a long haired guy called 'Eirymos' or something phonetically similar.

Third one is absolutely ancient.
- Gi-joe style cartoon. Quite a serious tone.
- Good guys could 'call down' suits of power armor in different forms. These would sort of latch onto them. I remember one resembled a plane, one was a boat/submarine and one was a tank I think?
- One episode I recall...was in some sort of derelict spaceship and felt a lot like an alien knock off.
- It was one of the first series I watched right to the end and had a long, multi episode finale.

Final one is the most vague of all.
- Old, old anime looking series.
- I vaguely remember one eyed robots that when shot in the eye would bleed oil and die.
- Quite a series tone too, definitely something post apocalypic.
- Some sort of transforming motorcycle (cannot remember what it transformed into - power armor?).

Anyways, I wonder if someone can help me. Curious to track these down for nostalgias sake :).

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Starbird said:
The first one is...slightly more recent (I remember it being out in my mid high school career, but not sure if it was reruns I saw). If I remember it correctly:
- It involved aliens somehow - except some were vampires (or something). There may have been some connection to Roswell.
- It was also...dark. Like - really dark. I remember voodoo, pentagrams, one episode where a lady transforms into a goat headed thing and one (awesome) episode where one guy fights a powerful baddie by taking him into his mind and essentially having a war using his imagination. The bad guy was trying to take over his mind I think. Could be a rough one to identify, but curious what it was.
No idea.
Martin Mystery is all I can think of with the similar content, but that's relatively recent.

The second one is an old one. It was drawn in an anime style, but I'm not sure if it was western or Japanese in origin. I can only really get fragments of this one, but:
- Scifi/space setting.
- Main character could create a staff (or something) that could cut through anything. His name was Jay, or Jace or something.
- Second male character was a long haired guy called 'Eirymos' or something phonetically similar.
Either jayce and the wheeled warriors or Ullyses 31 by my guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4c1X5ene8 ullyses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4c1X5ene8 jayce

Third one is absolutely ancient.
- Gi-joe style cartoon. Quite a serious tone.
- Good guys could 'call down' suits of power armor in different forms. These would sort of latch onto them. I remember one resembled a plane, one was a boat/submarine and one was a tank I think?
- One episode I recall...was in some sort of derelict spaceship and felt a lot like an alien knock off.
- It was one of the first series I watched right to the end and had a long, multi episode finale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjcCB8m3G8
POWER EXTREME!
it sounds like centurions.

Final one is the most vague of all.
- Old, old anime looking series.
- I vaguely remember one eyed robots that when shot in the eye would bleed oil and die.
- Quite a series tone too, definitely something post apocalypic.
- Some sort of transforming motorcycle (cannot remember what it transformed into - power armor?).
Anyways, I wonder if someone can help me. Curious to track these down for nostalgias sake :).
Jayce and the wheeled warriors again?
Only thing I can think of other than that is Mask and I'm pretty sure that's not it.
Sorry.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The first one you describe remind me of this Men in Black sort of show "beau of alien detectors"

As with the topic, I remember seeing this GI Joe like clone cartoon during the early 90's sometime after X-men and Mighty Morphin Power Ranger aired on TV. Also the enemy soldiers were all robot (child friendly I guess since they can't show human enemy being killed). I think one of the allies soldier was name [insert] Dragon and also the intro segment before the intro starts was always lived action (live actor playing as the character). Lastly there was this government agent who always wear a shade whose the leader address to.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I'm sorry that I can't help any of the previous posters with their cartoons.
It doesn't sound like anything I've seen or heard of.

Though I couldn't help, maybe someone can help me.
The cartoon I'm looking for was aired at the same time as Darkwing Duck, TMNHT, Sonic SATAM/other sonic and Thundercats in Sweden in the middle of the 90's.
I think there were only a few episodes aired and that it didn't finish properly.

Anyway, on to the meat that is my memories of the show;
It was about a group of people traveling the world in search of pearls that were like "pieces of eight".
I remember on episode that finished with them having found one an rode away on a boat into the sunset looking for the next one.
And that's basically it.. I can't remember any names or anything about the characters or world.
I'd say it most resembled Thundercats in drawn style from the shows above.
I know, tough one to go on with so little. I apologize.

Thanks for reading ,)

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I'm sorry that I can't help any of the previous posters with their cartoons.
It doesn't sound like anything I've seen or heard of.

Though I couldn't help, maybe someone can help me.
The cartoon I'm looking for was aired at the same time as Darkwing Duck, TMNHT, Sonic SATAM/other sonic and Thundercats in Sweden in the middle of the 90's.
I think there were only a few episodes aired and that it didn't finish properly.

Anyway, on to the meat that is my memories of the show;
It was about a group of people traveling the world in search of pearls that were like "pieces of eight".
I remember on episode that finished with them having found one an rode away on a boat into the sunset looking for the next one.
And that's basically it.. I can't remember any names or anything about the characters or world.
I'd say it most resembled Thundercats in drawn style from the shows above.
I know, tough one to go on with so little. I apologize.

Thanks for reading ,)
It sounds vaguely familiar. My first guess would be pirates of dark water, maybe?

There was another one, though, that had a princess and knights in a modern setting. The only thing I remember is that it had A Flock of Seagulls song as the theme. I laughed pretty hard at that. It was definitely anime in design, though.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Starbird said:
Really curious if someone can help me out with these (or has any of their own to add).

There are four, actually.

Roswell Conspiracies.

I know because I literally just started watching this again yesterday. Whole things is up on youtube.

You're welcome.

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Woo, yes, Roswell Conspiracies! Thats it!

Second one still not sure. Jayce ...may not have been the name of the main characters, since I think I remembered Wheeled Warriors too and crossed them somehow. Will keep hunting.
EDIT: Found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw_lAQcL_VE. Called Spaceketeers. Had the character's name wrong. Wow...this one did not age well at all lol.

Third one, yes - Centurions! Man this was an awesome series.

Last one I tracked down myself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djhsu7WmAz4. 1980s Robotech.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Fox12 said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
-snip-
-snip
It sounds vaguely familiar. My first guess would be pirates of dark water, maybe?

-snip
I did a wiki search on that name and it didn't sound familiar at all..at first.
I had to go into the talk page and read about the 13 treasures and boom, The Compass that pointed the way to the other treasures..That was it.

Thanks!

ColaWarVeteran

Jul 27, 2010
Fox12 said:
There was another one, though, that had a princess and knights in a modern setting. The only thing I remember is that it had A Flock of Seagulls song as the theme. I laughed pretty hard at that. It was definitely anime in design, though.
This sounds like Knights of the Zodiac aka Saint Seiya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4

LordFeast59

Dec 11, 2014
Starbird said:
- Scifi/space setting.
Since I heard the word "staff" and it kinda do something, I don't know if this can be called an anime-like and the animation tend to use 3D in it. I forgot how many characters in the cartoon, uh, does Xyber 9 ring any bell?