Awesome trailers for video games

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
Pretty much what it says on the title. What were some awesome video game trailers that you have seen?

I really liked the trailer for Mann vs Machine mode on TF2 when it was released!

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
For me, I'll probably always remember the Dead Island trailer. It has been one of the few trailers that I have been able to remember after seeing it. Just a shame the game wasn't quite as good as the trailer (it was still fun though).

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009

I didn't even know this trailer existed until I left the main menu idle. When I saw it I got goosebumps.

If you've a spare 10 minutes, then watch this. Just awesome.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010

I damn love this cutscene. I am sure they used it as a trailer as well (at least the exact same announcer and speech, if not the visuals. Think they played character specific gameplay over their intro instead.) It's a trailer for the tournament in the actual game too.

God, the way they introduced Naoto was so SWAG!

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
AgentLampshade said:

I didn't even know this trailer existed until I left the main menu idle. When I saw it I got goosebumps.

If you've a spare 10 minutes, then watch this. Just awesome.

That was awesome!! I really loved Hitman: Blood Money, never got around to playing Peace Walker. Should probably get around to doing some time in the future.

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
The Wykydtron said:

I damn love this cutscene. I am sure they used it as a trailer as well (at least the exact same announcer and speech, if not the visuals. Think they played character specific gameplay over their intro instead.) It's a trailer for the tournament in the actual game too.

Pretty cool trailer! Maybe I should try to finally see what all the hub bub is with the persona series. :D

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Demolition_Human said:
The Wykydtron said:

Pretty cool trailer! Maybe I should try to finally see what all the hub bub is with the persona series. :D
I have to recommend you play Persona 4, like immediately. If you have a PS2 you can get it for under £20 or you can get P4: The Golden on the PS Vita if you have one. Golden has more content (unsure if all of said content is necessary or worthwhile but whatever)

I still swear that vanilla Persona 4 is the best game ever made ever. The story, characters, enemy/Persona designs, dungeons and the damn mystery story overarching everything is fantastic.

Arena spoils some of Persona 4 since it's a direct sequel and since Persona 4 is one great mystery story I would recommend not spoiling anything before you go in.

Persona 3 FES is good (The entire cast are great characters and Aigis is pretty much the best character in video game history) but I have major issues with the main character being an unlikable dickshit in next to all his dialogue options and the party AI is unpredictable at best. (I have a theory how everyone in the party secretly hates Minato as much as me so they don't heal him when he's about to die) Everyone seems to go on about how nice the main character is though so that might just be me misinterpreting my own character

[sub][sub]Wait what?[/sub][/sub]

Again a PSP version is out with more stuff. Even added a new female main character as an option because they noticed what a massive **** Minato was and fixed the party AI. These fix both my complaints about 3 but I never was one for handhelds. What a shame.

MinkNyu

Sep 24, 2012
One of my favorite trailers right now is thew New Metal Gear Solid V Trailer. I think it's also adding to it because all of the strings Kojima has been pulling. What a troll. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRSZy12EOSs

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Off the top of my head there are those two Dark Souls trailers that used some Silent Comedy Songs
I don't think I had ever been so excited for a game after seeing these, thank goodness Dark Souls did not disappoint.

I remember this Assassin's Creed Revelations trailer being really cool as well.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
I havent played the game or know much of it at all but these trailers almost made me purchase it

This one is probably the best(above)

But this one is also epic I wish all trailers were this good.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Oldie but goodie.
Apparently the trailer is better than the game.

And lasty...
It's not as good as the second preview video but that's over 20 minutes long and is split up into 3 parts on youtube..

VaughanyT

May 30, 2008
I think UbiSoft have always done a great job with trailers, especially the Assassins games. I preferred this one from AC3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAb-Joqhrz8

Every element is spot on; music, editing and amount of gameplay shown. Admittedly, the CG trailer from E3 kinda promised too much, but this trailer was a great way to show off the game. However, I've seen some great fan-made trailers. These two are my picks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DogoEY6v-vA
Did a much better job than Dice in making me interested in the game, and yes I know the song is the same, what can I say, I like the song and it works well in trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANjS1osIid4
This guy is amazing when it comes to fan trailers. Seriously, go look him up on YouTube, he's awesome. Admittedly, Mass Effect has lot of good trailer material, but these five minutes could have been used in the actual marketing for the game.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
My favourites are still the trailers for Mass Effect 2 and Halo: Reach. I know there wasn't much in the way of gameplay there, but they did a wonderful job of presenting the worlds and the characters to us, and giving the viewer a reason to want to fight to save those worlds. The sombre, elegiac tone of Deliver Hope was particularly affecting, I thought; melancholy isn't a tone we often get in Halo games. Frankly, the trailer did a better job of making the fall of Reach feel meaningful and poignant than the actual game did.

niknar266

Sep 22, 2011
I'll always like this trailer for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. They just went screw it we'll make a silly trailer.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
This was released literally a few minutes ago for the Timesplitters Unreal Tournament 2004 mod. It sums up how I feel about Timesplitters getting going again. It got blocked for use of a copyrighted soundtrack in almost every English-speaking country except the UK. That is...America. And Germany, apparently, outside of that criteria.

The feels...I hope Crytek lift let this mod be, it'd be a nice way to pass the time 'til Rewind.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
To me that is pretty much the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron trailers (yes I am a Transformers fan)-
The music, tone and seeing the combiners and Grimlock was just beyond epic!

I get goosebump everytime when I see Metroplex holding Optimus with his palm as he pledge his service to him, the last Prime!

theswordsmn

Nov 12, 2010
That's an easy one! Any of the original Nazi Zombie trailers. The first one was so original. I had just got my PS3 for the first time when I was a kid, and didn't know if I wanted this "Call of Duty: World at War" game, so I looked it up on Youtube and saw this trailer. I was hooked instantly.

Arionis

Oct 19, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
To me that is pretty much the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron trailers (yes I am a Transformers fan)-
The music, tone and seeing the combiners and Grimlock was just beyond epic!

I get goosebump everytime when I see Metroplex holding Optimus with his palm as he pledge his service to him, the last Prime!
These, and, I have a question.

Why has NO ONE posted Dark Souls Bartholomew trailer?

http://youtu.be/93LFz_j5fQA

It's just so......gah, gotta go. I've a game to play.

(can't get the video to embed, sorry, been away from forums for far too long)