Baby Driver ~ The lastest masterpiece from Edgar Wright

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
"The musical film is a film genre in which songs sung by the characters are interwoven into the narrative, sometimes accompanied by dancing."

No one is singing the songs, therefore not a musical.

Why do you want to categorize it as a musical anyway? What does it matter what genre it belongs to?
I honestly don't care about classifications and genres. I don't care if this movie is "officially" a musical or not, it doesn't change the actual movie in anyway. The fact is Baby Driver does indeed "run" on music much more differently than basically any other movie where you just have music set to scenes. The music in the movie is works much differently than from the soundtrack of a Guardians movie. What Baby Driver is is definitely different.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Looks like Baby Driver has performed well enough for a sequel if Edgar Wright would want to make one. Regardless if there will be a sequel or not, it's nice to see an Edgar Wright film do well so that he gets to make more films with perhaps even bigger budgets.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
I love this movie. I enjoyed each bit and the music used for each scene. Good action, dialogue and chemistry. Favourite of the year so far. Original movies that isn't an adaptation is still going.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Is it just me or does Debora bear an uncanny resemblance to Shelly Johnson from Twin Peaks (also a waitress)?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Wintermute said:
Looks alright, it's Fast and Furious for the "Fast and Furious sucks, I only watch foreign cinema" crowd.
Suppose you're not American (crazy!) and Fast and Furious is "foreign cinema".

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wintermute said:
Looks alright, it's Fast and Furious for the "Fast and Furious sucks, I only watch foreign cinema" crowd.
Ha, I totally did even see that post. I just don't really get the Fast and Furious movies, I keep coming back (I haven't seen the last 2 though) because I always hear that the series finally got good with whatever the latest entry is. I still think the first was the best movie, probably because it was just Point Break with cars.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
Is it just me or does Debora bear an uncanny resemblance to Shelly Johnson from Twin Peaks (also a waitress)?

Its not you because Red Letter Media said this already, and put the photos side by side also.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wintermute said:
In that case most things you watch would be foreign cinema no?

Oct 22, 2011
American Fox said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

Its not you because Red Letter Media said this already, and put the photos side by side also.
Saw that episode too. Am i the only one here for who she resembles Siri more... Not the phone app>_>

Phoenixmgs said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wintermute said:
Ha, I totally did even see that post. I just don't really get the Fast and Furious movies, I keep coming back (I haven't seen the last 2 though) because I always hear that the series finally got good with whatever the latest entry is. I still think the first was the best movie, probably because it was just Point Break with cars.
The first FnF movies didn't age well and weren't too good in the first place, but i like the direction series took from 5th movie onwards. That is off the rails.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Dirty Hipsters said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wintermute said:
In that case most things you watch would be foreign cinema no?
And it goes to show what meaningless distinction "foreign cinema" is.