[back to gaming] What are you playing now?

runequester

Aug 6, 2010
So what are you playing at the moment?

I am usually playing a few things at any given time. Lately it's been "Sword of the Stars: The Pit", my third trilogy playthrough of Mass Effect and the Doom Roguelike.

Bought Alpha Protocal since it was only 10 bucks so that's on the list and been playing the PS3 version of Diablo 3 ultimate whatever edition, though taking a little break to avoid burning out on the game.

Multiplayer has been some Civ V with a friend of mine.

So what are you playing?

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Currently playing through the campaign mode of Anarchy Reigns.I'm about 3 quarters of the way through I reckon and it's pretty fun so far

Also Mario Kart 8 is my go to game for some online multiplayer or when I just have 15-20 mins to kill

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Nothing, really.

I've been getting back into Hearthstone, but aside from that I haven't really played any video games in the past month for longer than an hour or so.
Seeing all of the really vile shite that's been flung around the internet for the past few weeks has really soured my taste for playing anything at the moment. Every time I think about it I just get reminded of how utterly horrifying the people who share one of my favorite hobbies can be all because they don't have to worry about accountability on the internet, and don't think about the effect their words might have on other people.

I mean, whenever I do get back to it, I've got plenty of things to play. The Wolf Among Us, Dark Souls II, Divinity: Original Sin, been replaying Mark of the Ninja and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends II, I still have to finish Super Mario 3D World, and I kind of want to play a Sims game again after watching so many people put out videos on The Sims 4. But I just don't have the urge right now.

Morgoth780

Aug 6, 2014
Lots of Battlefield 4 and Planetary Annihilation with friends. On my own, currently I'm playing a little bit of State of Decay, but I don't play it much.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Well I'm back to recording good games for my channel, so currently I'm playing:

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- I'm playing the PS2 version because the PS3 version has given me so many audio glitches, and I'm a bit of an audiophile so I can't have that. Sure it's stuck at a maximum of 480p, but at least Ratchet's helmet won't be bigger than his model.

Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix +
-I've been getting so many questions as to why I'm doing the PS2 version when the PS3 version comes out in a few months. Mainly it's because the PS3 version of Final Mix nerffed so much from the original PS2 version. Not to mention, it was the first ever game I imported, so it has a special place in my heart.

Super Smash Bros 3DS Demo
-Don't think I need to explain too much when it comes to this one, do I? :3

small

Aug 5, 2014
well im over my burn out for star trek online so ive got back into that. im glad to see the last few story missions have really upped the production values, they feel like star trek. other than that lots of total war

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
On my third play through of South Park: The Stick of Truth, nearly at the end, I hope to get the platinum trophy this time around.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Destiny pretty much. I've got Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth on the Vita on the go as well and I'm almost finished it but the gameplay wasn't enough to hold my attention once Destiny was available. I'll probably go back and finish it up before the insanity of November's releases hits.

Spanglish Guy

Sep 8, 2014
I have been playing games quite sporadically recently but I still play a game or two everyday even if for half an hour:
Just Cause 2: just to mess about with the world and kill time.
Divinity Original Sin: Currently the main game that I've been playing on and off over the past week or so. I have really been enjoying that style of RPG.
Left 4 Dead 2: The only game that I am playing with my friends right now as one of them has a bad PC and can't play anything else at the moment.

EDIT: And Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS as I never got to play any Zelda games when I was younger (and when I could have done I didn't have the console to play it)

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Gotten into Final Fantasy 14 a few weeks ago, having tons of fun. It's a really polished game that caters to what I look for in an MMO - good leveling, small scale group content, PvP only as a minor side activity. Beyond that, not much. There are a few things coming up I'm looking forward to, like Civilization: Beyond Earth. I do have a halfway finished Shovel Knight playthrough I might pick up at some point as well.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
All I can say is that I assume my Steam friends list is quite rightly sick of me playing Left 4 Dead 2 whenever I'm online. If you happen to see me, I'll be sure to send you a "<3" when you one shot me through a wall.

I just can't start a full length game (and I've got quite a few I collected over summer) since I don't dedicate much time to playing.

I am also playing some Stronghold Crusader. I think from now on I will play it on a Sunday morning, so I can listen to the new Let's Drown Out at the same time (t'was good last week to do so).

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
The most recently released games are Dungeons of Dredmor and Lords of the Black Sun.

Those games who always occupy my desktop are Dwarf fortress, Terraria, Transcendence, Tales of Maj'Eyal.
I play them almost every week.
Another list of games I switch between are Master of Orion III, Sword of the Stars I, Space Empires IV and Distant Worlds.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Everything.

Ok, I just recently picked up the Banner Saga, and am busy ruining the lives of those I'm responsible for by trying to do the best things for them on that.

I have 3 level 70 season characters on Diablo 3 that SERIOUSLY need gearing up but I don't have as much time for grinding as I used to.

Been playing Hearthstone casually.

Been stomping easy bots on DOTA2 just to chill out recently. Kinda worried I'm gonna get rusty for when I go back to playing real games.

I've also recently rebought Red Dead Redemption because I never finished it, got bored. So I'm trying to make it through that and get a few achievements.

But all I really want to do is play Skyrim at the moment, which I have already 100% achievements on. :(

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
I got an urge to return to World of Warcraft recently, but I really don't feel like buying the two expansions I missed, resubscribing, and recovering all my account info so I can play my hunter. So I decided to play SWTOR instead so I don't have to pay anything. Already have a level 50 bounty hunter, but decided to try out a new class. Tried Smuggler, did not care for it. Then I made a Sith Inquisitor and I'm loving it. Level 12 now, looking forward to leveling. Gonna do more flashpoints this time around. Shooting people with lightning is awesome.

Other than that, nothing else really. Before this I just finished my first playthrough of Mass Effect 3. Played a bit of League of Legends, but I'm getting tired of it. I really only have enough time for one game at a time. I could play more but I'd have to sacrifice sleep, my social life, or university work.

Treeberry

Nov 27, 2013
I've just started Danganronpa 2 and just like with the original I had a 'Whaaaa?' moment during a class trial due to me either not paying attention to the tutorial or the game not explaining it very well (the Rebuttal Showdown with the truth blades in case you're interested). I'm liking some of the characters but at least two are creeping me out. (In a good way.)

I'm also considering re-playing Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6 because while I love those games...*dramatic drum roll*...I never actually finished them.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
I alternate between small bursts of Final Fantasy XIV with my PC and Final Fantasy IV the Complete Collection on my Vita. Kind of busy with school, so I'm not gaming as much.

subskipper

Sep 5, 2014
Elite: Dangerous. I love this game. I'm not sure I will ever get anything done once all features are in place. Hopping between systems doing a few trade runs is relaxing and just plain fun. Really looking forward to trying out exploration once that is in. Other than that I've just started on Baldurs Gate on the iPad. Works quote well from what I've seen soo far.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Fire Emblem: Awakening
And it is every bit as good as people say it is. Seriously, I'm kicking myself for not playing it when I had more free time in the summer.

I'm also playing the NA Super Smash Bros 3DS demo, thanks to a very generous person. I'm still trying to get used to the controls. I'm enjoying myself so far though.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
I'm a year late but I finally picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening... I guess the recent Smash Bros hype gave me the extra incentive to get more into the series after (only briefly) playing The Sword of Flame back in the day. God, I've been miss out on a fantastic game, haven't I? I've avoided JRPGs for the last few years because of the sour taste they've left in my mouth, but this one may have just revitalized my interest a bit.