Bad Box-Art for Otherwise Great Games

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
RheynbowDash said:
That may be so, but you have to admit, would YOU buy this game if it had some wrinkly old woman in space armor on the cover?
TIL 32 year old women are old and wrinkly.

I'd just like to see some maturity in her face. Allison Brie is 30 now. Do you think she's old and wrinkly?

I'm not looking for Shepard as portrayed by Dame Judi Dench. I just want someone who actually looks their age. Or even looks like a soldier. As opposed to someone who wandered in from a photo shoot for 17 magazine. I'd feel the same way if it was a guy.
Who is Allison Brie? She must not be that important then. Anywho, I think the FemShep looks perfectly acceptable. Her face conveys the seriousness and urgency of the story, she looks young, yes, I agree. But she looks no where near what you're implying. I'd say mid to late 20s at the MOST.

EDIT: (A quick Google images search later.) Yes Allison Brie looks old and wrinkly. Ew. An average looking woman with an ok rack. No wonder I didnt know who she was. Kat Dennings is waaaay hotter with a waaaay better rack. (Sorry to get off topic OP)

charge52

Apr 29, 2012
OlasDAlmighty said:
And finally, the obvious one that I'm apparently the first to remember.

That's his hand holding the gun, not his mouth.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
RheynbowDash said:
Ew. Wasn't missing out on much, bro...
I stopped using "ew" as a reaction to the sight of human beings when I was nine years old, but I guess other people's mileage might vary. I'm sorry her looks aren't up to your standards. I was actually referring to the fact she's extremely funny and intelligent and Community and Mad Men are both great shows, but since you find her disgusting to behold I guess you're out of luck. Tough break.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
And finally, the obvious one that I'm apparently the first to remember.

Yeah I've been looking at that and I think that's supposed to be his hand holding the gun not his warped face.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
RheynbowDash said:
I stopped using "ew" as a reaction to the sight of human beings when I was nine years old, but I guess other people's mileage might vary. I'm sorry her looks aren't up to your standards. I was actually referring to the fact she's extremely funny and intelligent and Community and Mad Men are both great shows, but since you find her disgusting to behold I guess you're out of luck. Tough break.
I find your back-handed insults amusing. I love Community, I guess I never payed any attention to her/her character. I was too busy laughing at actually funny people like Donald Glover and Joel McHale. And Mad Men? Never caught my interest. Watched the first 4 episodes, bored me to tears. And yes you're right. I don't find her attractive. *gasp* I know, shocker right. *chuckle* What I would like to know is who made YOU the end all be all, of what's attractive and whats not? I dont like Allison Brie, shes not funny or attractive. But I guess since YOUR standards are SOOO high, you can have her. You want funny and intelligent? I'll keep my Kristen Wiig and Amy Schumer thank you very much.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
RheynbowDash said:
BloatedGuppy said:
RheynbowDash said:
But she looks no where near what you're implying. I'd say mid to late 20s at the MOST.
We will have to agree to disagree.

RheynbowDash said:
Who is Allison Brie?
You're missing out, my friend.

How is she "ew"? Did she recently develop a gigantic abscess on her face or something?

OT: I always hated the original suikoden box art

so ugly and clashes so terribly with the rest of the series. I always hated it when American publishers changed covers to make them look like shitty western table-top rpgs.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
axlryder said:
RheynbowDash said:
BloatedGuppy said:
RheynbowDash said:
But she looks no where near what you're implying. I'd say mid to late 20s at the MOST.

RheynbowDash said:
Who is Allison Brie?

How is she "ew"? Did she recently develop a gigantic abscess on her face or something?
Nothing against her personally, just not my thing bro.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
RheynbowDash said:
I find your back-handed insults amusing. I love Community, I guess I never payed any attention to her/her character. I was too busy laughing at actually funny people like Donald Glover and Joel McHale. And Mad Men? Never caught my interest. Watched the first 4 episodes, bored me to tears. And yes you're right. I don't find her attractive. *gasp* I know, shocker right. *chuckle* What I would like to know is who made YOU the end all be all, of what's attractive and whats not? I dont like Allison Brie, shes not funny or attractive. But I guess since YOUR standards are SOOO high, you can have her. You want funny and intelligent? I'll keep my Kristen Wiig and Amy Schumer thank you very much.
I'm glad you're amused. Reading this, I initially got the sense of someone who was being extremely defensive. But since you're enjoying a good chuckle then no harm done. We should probably stop derailing the thread now, however. We're not even tangentially talking about box art now.

TwoHeadedBoy

Jul 10, 2012
BloatedGuppy said:
RheynbowDash said:
I'm glad you're amused. Reading this, I initially got the sense of someone who was being extremely defensive. But since you're enjoying a good chuckle then no harm done. We should probably stop derailing the thread now, however. We're not even tangentially talking about box art now.
It's cool, I often enjoy it when forums go a bit off-topic (adds some character to the whole proceedings).

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
RheynbowDash said:
Indeed.

Comocat

May 24, 2012
Who would have thought japanese vs american box art was a thing? Only on the internet I suppose.

I would have to go with old, over-the-top Atari boxart. I suppose they were trying to convey that the game was actually more than just colors shooting boxes at other colors.

Missile command is a good example.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
RheynbowDash said:
axlryder said:
RheynbowDash said:
BloatedGuppy said:
RheynbowDash said:

RheynbowDash said:
Who is Allison Brie?
http:/
How is she "ew"? Did she recently develop a gigantic abscess on her face or something?[/quote]

Nothing against her personally, just not my thing bro.[/quote]

yes, but "ew" implies physical repulsion. Do girls who "aren't your thing" really disturb you to that level? must be a hard life.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
axlryder said:
RheynbowDash said:
axlryder said:
RheynbowDash said:
BloatedGuppy said:
RheynbowDash said:

RheynbowDash said:
Who is Allison Brie?
How is she "ew"? Did she recently develop a gigantic abscess on her face or something?[/quote]

yes, but "ew" implies physical repulsion. Do girls who "aren't your thing" really disturb you to that level? must be a hard life.[/quote]

Good Lord, I didnt realize two little letters would stir up such a shitstorm. She isnt attractive to me. Now can we move on please?

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
RheynbowDash said:
axlryder said:
RheynbowDash said:
axlryder said:
RheynbowDash said:
BloatedGuppy said:
RheynbowDash said:

RheynbowDash said:
Who is Allison Brie?

yes, but "ew" implies physical repulsion. Do girls who "aren't your thing" really disturb you to that level? must be a hard life.[/quote]

Good Lord, I didnt realize two little letters would stir up such a shitstorm. She isnt attractive to me. Now can we move on please?[/quote]

two people replying to you qualifies as a shitstorm? Man, I wish that was a shitstorm. Shitstorms would be so much more tolerable.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Comocat said:
Who would have thought japanese vs american box art was a thing? Only on the internet I suppose.
Yeah, I've noticed people's IQ tends to drop 50 points when they get on the internet.

EDIT: And before the mods get out their hammers, I mean me too.

And speaking of the ICO box art, I was examining that pic comparing the 2 and despite the fact that Wander looked like a paraplegic I think the Western box art told us more about what the game was about then the Japanese box art did even if the Japanese box art was more artistic. Just saying. Then again, I've never played ICO so take that for what it's worth.