Bad ideas with fireworks

SeriousSquirrel

Mar 15, 2010
If your like me, then you enjoy the occasional thrill or rush. And if your more like me, than you also enjoy fireworks. This all comes together to form a pretty dangerous passtime. Now I do think about safety, more about the safety of others than my own. And I'm not a idiot, well not a complete idiot, and so have never done anything too stupid.

Anyways, last fourth we bot a shit ton of mortors, like 60. And after about the first ten, they get a little boring, even though we had started syncronizing them which was sweet. Anyways, we thought it would be a good idea to

1. Light mortors on the ground and run. It was freaking awsome, feels like being in a battlefeild or something.

2. We were gonna light a roman candle in a coke can with the top cut off. Luckily, the fuse managed to get too damp to light.

3. We also had roman candle fights. But what was worse was when we set up three roman candles at once, and two of them hadn't been planted firmly enough in the sand and fell backwards to shoot at us.

You guys?

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
Fire works + Glass container =/= Fun and Merriment.

We in Australia don't get fire works, but we can still get them in other ways. My friend tried this, he was not the sharpest tool in a shed.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Even though I hate most hillbilly's I gotta say that hillbilly fishing is fun (throwing fire works in to the water.)

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Buying $200 dollars in various kinds of fireworks, lighting them all, and just running.

fjelding

Feb 17, 2010
I love fireworks. Like, really really love fireworks.

The dumbst thing i ever did was to make my own firecracker from a big pile otherfire works, and then fitting the ting with the smallest fuse pollible, not thinking more of it. Untill i had to light the damn thing, rather drunk. I got 3 steps away from it and then fell on my ass, 1 second later the thing blew up setting off car alarms all around me. That'll sober you up pretty fast.

Another time me a 2 friends were fooling around one night. And we decided to blow someones mailbox. One of my friends had a problem with that guy. So ofcourse we couldnt settle for a small friecracker to get the job done. We had to use the biggest damn thing we had.

When it blew it took down 4 mailboxes, we could see where the "door" had hit a brick wall 10 meters away.

EDIT: my spelling sucks, I know.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Putting fireworks into coke cans and tossing them.

The cans were ripped apart and turned into shrapnel. My cousin got his face cut.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Bad ideas with fireworks? What madness is this!

Well there was this one time i was in the Northern Territory (north end of Australia) and the people i was visiting used them as 'pest control'. That was fun.

Also throwing them at each other until you accidentally break some random shop window and have to bail.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Fire-cracker tag. You throw a cracker at your friend, when it explodes near him you say "Tag!" and then he tries to get you. It's...pretty stupid, but fun. Just use pussy explosives if you want all your fingers.

Whatever those fireworks are that you light, that shoot sparks up, but don't actually explode: put one in your mouth, run at someone and try to say "AH AM GOH-ZIRRA!" behind the plastic in your mouth.

VivaciousDeimos

May 1, 2010
Alright, here's a story for you. Let me start by saying that in the Midwest, where I live, and especially in the country, bonfires are a common summer pastime. Couple this with fireworks + alcohol and you end up with an interesting mix.

My sister and brother-in-law were having their annual summer bonfire party, to which people brought fireworks. And for the most part they were pretty safe with them (didn't shout them at people at least). Then the party and fire and fireworks began to wind down.

When most of the people had left, my half-in-bag brother-in-law takes what's left of the fireworks and dumps them onto the bonfire. That we were all sitting in close proximity to. So we all duck for cover, and wait for the explosion...which doesn't come. We all stand up looking sheepish and then the bonfire/fireworks explode into the night sky, raining ash and shooting fireworks in all directions.

Totally stupid and dangerous? Without question. Rock guitar solo playingly awesome? Hell yeah.

Croix Sinistre

Oct 25, 2009
Recipe:

Bottle Rockets
PVC pipes to aim and launch said rockets
Roman Candles
1" mortars small enough to be hand held (VERY bad idea)
two seater go carts

no parents.

This is how a new years' went many years ago with me and some others. It was like mad max, with smaller vehicles and fireworks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that cart-mounted batteries are a must as well.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I was with a friend one and he didn't have the right tube for the last of the fireworks he had. So he figured he would shove it it and the launch it.

It went up.
It came down.
It went off 3 feet from the ground.
It almost hit 6 houses.

Needless to say I never was around him when the word fireworks came up again.

Eternalsun

May 11, 2010
im not old enough to buy fireworks yet so me and my friend make fires in the woods and get deoderant cans petrol and hairspray cans got some metal pipe put it over the fire with petrol and deo cans stuffed down it blew a hole in the side of it and flames shot out the top looked amazing

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Bad idea is to toss firecrackers below the window of my grandma's window and then think you can get away with it because you are not yet 20.

The punk was running home crying his eyes out after I was done with him.