Bad movies you love

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
First off,

Little Nicky. I don't know why, I hate everything else Sandler's made since then, but for some unexplainable reason I still like that one.

Also, Boondock Saints got horrible reviews, and I love that movie with a passion.

DrBonBon

Sep 14, 2011
I'd have to say either Samurai Cop, Lady Terminator or For Your Height Only.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200642/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130236/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095483/

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Marter said:
Something like Drive Angry, perhaps? Or something from Robert Rodriguez like Planet Terror or Machete? I do love me some Doomsday and Van Helsing, too.

Oh, and The Happening. It's so funny.
I could have sworn you would have mentioned Scorpion Such a Bad Movie 3.

OT: Not sure, I tend to not watch many bad movies. The Room is the only thing that comes to mind as it is hilarious.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010

By all rights, this movie is just awful. But it has Tim Curry singing in fishnets, so it gets points for that, right?

Yeah, I've seen this movie over a hundred times. Usually while yelling things at the screen.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Giant shark vs Mega Octopus.

So bad its almost good! skip to 45.

Aris Khandr said:

By all rights, this movie is just awful. But it has Tim Curry singing in fishnets, so it gets points for that, right?

Yeah, I've seen this movie over a hundred times. Usually while yelling things at the screen.
Cross thread quote refrence boom.

Love Rock Horror Picture Show it's made of win and awesome :3.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Bambi On Toast said:
Dog Soldiers - This fairly obscure British film actually received quite favourable reviews. It was extremely low budget and features a cast of relative unknowns. Nevertheless it is considered one of the best werewolf films ever made, and I highly recommend watching it!
How does this qualify as a bad movie so?

OT:A Knight's Tale - cheesy as hell but I absolutely love it

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Hudson Hawk with Bruce Willis and Danny Aleio. it is so silly while trying to be so serious and with such a quotable cast of characters.

The Postman- Kevin Costner is epic in this.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Playing The System said:
Both the Crank movies, just watching them gives such a head rush of random that it's hard to not love them for me.
Those are actually really good action movies. They figured out ways to make the plot dependent on the action rather than contrive action sequences into a dramatic plot. It's not completely brilliant, but I wouldn't call them bad.

Nantucket said:
1. Friday

This film was hilarious but nobody seemed to get it (nobody in my school anyway). What was there to get? It was Ice Cube & Chris Tucker smoking weed on a porch, the funniest on-screen dad I have ever seen and then some crazy fight scene which results in Ice Cube only getting a peck on the cheek and not a full on racy cut-scene.
Sorry but Friday is a great movie. Your friends are just lame.
That dad is hilarious; same guy who did the voice of grandpa on Boondocks, right?

My favorite bad movie would have to be Mystery Men. It's colorful, weird, and has Tom Waits; and sometimes on those late nights, that's all I need.

namhorFnodroG

Nov 2, 2011
It's a close tie between Rocky horror picture show and The room, but I think I have to pick The room. It's just so wounderfully horrible, I just love every second of it. It also have a really good theme actually which I tend to listen to quite regulary (Not that I'm not listening to Let's do the time warp again every once in a while).

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Flamezdudes said:
I could have sworn you would have mentioned Scorpion Such a Bad Movie 3.
For me to mention that, it would have to be a bad movie.

And one of the ten commandments of the Scorpibro is as follows:

Thou shalt not lessen the image of the greatest movie ever, The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption, nor shalt thou use its name in lists of terrible movies.

So, sorry, nope.

Bambi On Toast

Sep 9, 2011
MetalDooley said:
Bambi On Toast said:
Dog Soldiers - This fairly obscure British film actually received quite favourable reviews. It was extremely low budget and features a cast of relative unknowns. Nevertheless it is considered one of the best werewolf films ever made, and I highly recommend watching it!
How does this qualify as a bad movie so?

OT:A Knight's Tale - cheesy as hell but I absolutely love it
My point was it was a low budget, trashy film with bad effects and an unknown cast. It sounds pretty bad on paper right?

It is a much better film that it should have been, given the ingredients. Its also pretty obscure I think, because its a British film that most Brits haven't heard of. I'm not even sure if it showed in cinemas or not. Wanted to bring it to other people's attention that's all! Have you seen it?

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Bambi On Toast said:
My point was it was a low budget, trashy film with bad effects and an unknown cast. It sounds pretty bad on paper right?

It is a much better film that it should have been, given the ingredients. Its also pretty obscure I think, because its a British film that most Brits haven't heard of. I'm not even sure if it showed in cinemas or not. Wanted to bring it to other people's attention that's all! Have you seen it?
Yeah I've seen it and enjoyed it.It doesn't really belong in this thread though.This is a thread about "bad movies" or at least "movies you personally think are bad and still enjoy" not "good movies that are underrated"

I am just being a bit pedantic though so feel free to completely ignore me

Wafflepunk

Sep 5, 2012
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior- the characters are ridiculous, and the action scenes look very cheap, but I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic settings, however low-budget they may be

Waterworld- or, however over-budget they may be. Admittedly, I saw this one as a kid, so a good part of it is just a combination of nostalgia and my subconscious desire to become a pirate.

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
Aylaine said:
I'll go with Wild Wild West. So over the top, so bad, but so good. Also, Will Smith. ♥
Also, Will Smith cross-dressing. Its just so hilariously dumb that it puts a smile on my face.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
For some reason, I have a strange fascination with the Final Destination films. I mean, at first sight, they?re just your typical teen horror franchise lacking in character development and riddled with plotholes. But you?ve got to give the directors credit for thinking up those inventive and cartoonishly gory deaths, and the suspense that?s built up to them. And I?ve always liked the overarching theme of fate and the main villain just being the invisible Death itself, not some over-the-top slasher with a gaudy mask, or a hook, or something.

I finally watched the first one a couple of days ago, and even though the dialogue is just stupidly subpar, I like all the actors? performances, especially Devon Sawa and Ali Larter as Alex and Clear respectively. It?s the least gory of the five, so if you want to watch a decent shock ?horror? (it?s not even scary; my brother pisses himself laughing at the deaths) but are worried about elaborate blood splatters, then go with this one. I don?t think it came off any worse for it.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I quite enjoy watching those terrible monster movies like Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus, Mega Piranha, Sharktopus, Mongolian Death Worm etc. They are predictable, often lack a real story and have some very questionable 'science' in them and some pretty crap CGI but they make me laugh.

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
Judge Dredd.

Yes, that scene was supposed to be taken seriously.

vun said:
Every Steven Seagal film.
First person to say they're actually good films gets a hug. And maybe some counselling. Because they really are bad. Awesomely bad.
Where's my hug?