Bad Neighbors.

huntedannoyed

Apr 23, 2008
Last night I was playing the 360 with you guys till... What? about 1am your time? maybe??? Anyway, that was about 11pm my time. After that I was online and listening to music. For the most part being quite quiet.
Then the banging started. BOOM BOOM BOOM at my door. It's like 1 am now. "Go FUCK yourself!" I scream. Now louder, BANG BANG BANG at the door. The damn dog is going ballistic. I get dressed really quick and go down to answer the door. It's the Brea Police.
"Number one," one of the officers says first, "you don't tell the police to 'Go fuck ourselves.'" Then he starts bitching about the noise. I am like "What noise?" I was listening to "Glorious Dawn" online. I was pretty damn quiet considering how drunk I was.
Now, it's fucking war with my neighbors. Those fuckers who let their five year old roam the streets like pedophile bait and make sounds like they are burrowing through the walls have the NERVE to ***** about me in the wee hours??? It's fucking on, John.

I originally wrote this for a specific person, so sorry if it sounds like it is directed at you, the reader. It's not. But it kind of is. Any "Bad Neighbor" stories that you can tell me to lighten my mood? Please share.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
If you didn't know it was the police, how can they slap you on the wrists for telling them to fuck off?

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008
Oh wow, I am so happy that I live in a detached house. Although, there are some bloody noisy neighbours across the street.

huntedannoyed

Apr 23, 2008
It totally isn't. But I live in a condo and when they first moved in they tore down a fence that divided their porch from mine. If I can just get them to rebuild that fence I will be sated.

Dragonearl

Mar 14, 2009
Do you really want to fight a neighbor war?. And how do you know which neighbor it is?.

Woodsey said:
If you didn't know it was the police, how can they slap you on the wrists for telling them to fuck off?
Also this.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
Get a mate with a bass guitar and as big amps as you can find.

Put the amp DIRECTLY against the wall, so the actual speaker is touching/as close to the wall as possible.

Allow him to exercise his artistic talents.

Course, it helps if you have some way of hiding the amp/guitar quickly, and also a lookout so you know if the cops are at the top of the road.
Then again, you could just get even and report them constantly, but no-one likes a grass.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
People who doesn't have the balls to tell you to quiet down to your face should really not be allowed to call the police because of noise.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
My neigghbours are awful....well...One is, One isnt.

Basically:

i wasnt allowed to play out as a kid incase i made too much noise (her husband was a police officer & worked nights) and she would come out & kick off.

Now, Whos ready for a wall of text?

<spoiler=One occurance>A few years ago, She (afformentioned bad neighbour) had a little neighbourhood watch thing going on, Not for crime prevention, Just for plain spying. Then HER neighbour's (like...next door but one too us) daughter moved in next to us. We were trapped between them....Or so we thought. Turns out that this daughter was a blessing in disguise, because our neighbour was about to shoot herself in the foot.

Let me set the scene for you, Its a beautiful summer night, and our nice neighbour's 8 year old kid & his friend are camping out in their back garden, They had a radio on. We couldnt hear them (and we were next door) but apparantly arse-neighbour could. Arseneighbour went round, went into the tent, Told them to be quiet & switched off the radio.

Now expectedly our nice neighbour hit the roof (she was a prison officer, So she was quite a fierce woman), Who then went round and, in no uncertain terms told arseneighbour "Copper or not, Come near my kids again & i'll put you in a box in the ground." Arseneighbour didnt like this, and had the nerve to complain to her father, Who obviously sided with his daughter. Thus breaking apart the spy-net.

<spoiler=Other stuff & a more recent shizz> Well a few years back, My older brother was on the driveway with a friend sorting out his car (not making too much noise, No drilling or anything), When neighbour & her sister in law came out onto their drive & began shouting abuse at my brother. My brother & his friend shout back, Then the police turn up. Now with neighbours mr being a copper, THey sided with her & went to arrest my brother, Until we asked our other neighbour (different to the one in the above story) what she saw (independant witness) - After the real story came out the police cautioned our arseneighbour, but apparantly (we were told "off the record") that she had a thick file on all of our actions, Times we leave, vehicle details, Etc.

Now more recently (may) we put up a gate, It goes across our drive & connects to the dividing fence. It looks fitting with the rest of the house & area, And is very secure. When we were putting up the fence she came onto our drive screaming at us saying we cant put it into the fence as its HER fencepost. We told her to get off our property. We then recieved a letter from a legal company saying she was taking legal action against us. In our defence we pulled up the covenants of the land (restrictions which stop us from say...Putting up a 40ft floodlight in the back garden) and yes, We were in breach, But she was in breach of the covenants in no less than 8 different places. We also discovered that she put the fence up 6 inches into our back garden, she's intruding her garden 4ft into council land & such was the extent of her hypocracy that the legal adjudicator rang up my mum & said she was throwing it out, And found the case hilarious at how arrogant our neighbour was.

Theres SO much more.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I have agreed to stop blasting music through the walls of my neighbours house when he stops building his damn extension which he is constantly working on, always banging, sawing or crashing around with something. Annoying bugger.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I live by some neighbors who yell at their kids all the time. Of course they leave their windows open so when they yell we hear them.

FLSH_BNG

May 27, 2008
I live in the middle of nowhere. The last time a kid neighbor pissed me off I played cat versus potato cannon and I won...

Guess the end result.