Bad Santa 2 - This Is BS

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
14,276
15
43
Bad Santa 2 - This Is BS

Bad Santa 2 is a too-late sequel whose marketing hashtag aptly describes its quality.

Read Full Article
 

chocolate pickles

New member
Apr 14, 2011
432
0
0
I think you were expecting a bit too much from a christmas comedy film. Last time i checked, Home Alone didn't have any insight into the plight of drunken nobodies.
 

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Moderator
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
7,149
98
53
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Gender
ā™‚
The Santa looks a bit like Jeremy Corbyn's evil twin (it's probably the beard).
 

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
8,687
0
0
So another bad Bad (fill-in-the-blank) movie? Somehow I'm less than surprised.

You say that this movie is a "disappointment", but that's just the thing: you can't be disappointed in something that you didn't have any high expectations for in the first place. :^)
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,760
0
0
"One character insults another character, who returns the insult and insults a third character. The third character insults both of the previous two characters. Then a sex act or joke occurs. End scene"

Are you sure you aren't just talking about the first movie there?
 

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
1,167
0
0
Silentpony said:
"One character insults another character, who returns the insult and insults a third character. The third character insults both of the previous two characters. Then a sex act or joke occurs. End scene"

Are you sure you aren't just talking about the first movie there?
He was.

I sort of felt that the 1st one had a little bit of character progression. There was a happy resolution anyway. But to hear the 2nd one was significantly worse? Called it.

I still love the "But my liver was fucked anyway, ha-ha." joke from the 1st one.
 

PunkRex

New member
Feb 19, 2010
2,533
0
0
I remember the first film being super cynical which is what made the happyish ending kind of a nice surprise, ditching that out come just makes the whole thing kinda pointless, why should I give a shit when your story/writers/characters/actors don't?
 

MrBaskerville

New member
Mar 15, 2011
871
0
0
PunkRex said:
I remember the first film being super cynical which is what made the happyish ending kind of a nice surprise, ditching that out come just makes the whole thing kinda pointless, why should I give a shit when your story/writers/characters/actors don't?
Actually the first one was written to be a lot bleaker. The intro was depressing without witty dialouge and the happy ending + boxing scene and a couple of other trailer moments were tacked on by the studio. It's directed by the guy who did Ghost World, so it was probably supposed to have been a lot more like that movie than a typical comedy.

I never expcted much from a sequel, i kinda liked the first one, because of the bleak tone and dark humour but would have prefered if it had been more like its best moments and less like a typical comedy for teenagers.More drama and inappropriate humour, less punches to the crotch...
 

Smithnikov_v1legacy

New member
May 7, 2016
1,020
1
0
chocolate pickles said:
I think you were expecting a bit too much from a christmas comedy film. Last time i checked, Home Alone didn't have any insight into the plight of drunken nobodies.
Home Alone actually had some jokes that worked and characters I gave a damn about.
 

Bobular

New member
Oct 7, 2009
845
0
0
I liked the first one, but I held no hope that I'd like the second one. This sort of sequel years after the first doesn't inspire confidence in me from the get go so it has to do a lot to make me want to watch it.