BAFTA Game Awards.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
So tonight were the BAFTA Game Awards and were, as always, hosted by Dara O Briain.

Because there were 18 categories up for grabs, I've put the winners in the spoiler below.

Debut Game - The Unfinished Swan
Original Music ? Journey
Story - The Walking Dead
Sports/Fitness - New Star Soccer
Game Innovation - The Unfinished Swan
Artistic Achievement ? Journey
Online - Browser ? SongPop
BAFTA & DareToBeDigital Ones to Watch - Starcrossed
Game Design ? Journey
Strategy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Family - LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Audio Achievement ? Journey
Mobile & Handheld - The Walking Dead
Performer - Danny Wallace (The Narrator) - Thomas Was Alone
Online - Mulitiplayer ? Journey
British Game - The Room
Action - Far Cry 3
Best Game - Dishonored

For a full list of the nominees, click here [http://awards.bafta.org/award/2013/games]. I felt it was best not to list every little thing, as it would take up an absolute fuckton of space

And also at the end, Gabe Newell was given a Bafta Games Fellowship, the highest honour that can be bestowed at the event.

I must admit that during the awards I did laugh when I heard that Black Ops 2 was up for an award in innovation.

I felt The Walking Dead perhaps might have deserved best game and Melissa Hutchinson best performer for her role as Clem but Dishonored and Danny Wallace are worthy winners all the same. Also, personally it's nice knowing that somebody born in Dundee won something, hometown pride and all that.

Anyway, as always with award shows, there's always some debate over the winners, so feel free to debate!

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Wait... what it this feeling? I-it's an awards show... a game awards show... and I have no rage!

Best Music to Journey? Best story to TWD? Best game to Dishonored?

[HEADING=1]FUCKING YES![/HEADING]

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Wait... what it this feeling? I-it's an awards show... a game awards show... and I have no rage!

Best Music to Journey? Best story to TWD? Best game to Dishonored?

[HEADING=1]FUCKING YES![/HEADING]
The BAFTA video-game awards awards may be run by the stuffy old british film academy, but they're definitely no Spike

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
I'm a bit angry that Xcom took best strategy. It's a good game and all but there has to be something else that was a better strategy game.

monkeymo4d

Jan 22, 2012
I was planning on making some snarky comment about the awards but...Im....Im actually pleased with these results.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
No Spec Ops nominations :(? Ah well, glad to see The Walking Dead scoop up a few well-deserved awards.