BAFTA Video Game Awards 2009

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
i'm surprised Lost Odyssey never got mentioned for the best score, but that's just my opinion

DJB

Mar 11, 2009
I have to agree with you guys that GTAIV, is a shadow of San Andreas, Vice City or GTA3. The storyline is thin.
I'm pleased to see Fable 2 do well, it has to be one of the best games out there. But i would like to have seen Fifa 09 win best sports game as the its online play is amazing.

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
I'm pleased that Mario Galaxy got the recognition that it deserved as it was a truly wonderful play. I seem to be in the minority of folks who really enjoyed playing through GTA IV. My only gripe was that it was far too easy, that said I prefered the plot to that of San Andreas.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Errr.... I'm a little confused, how did COD 4 and Mass Effect fall into this years awards? Surely they should have been in last years?
Indigo_Dingo said:
Am I the only one who's a little weirded out that half the games mentioned were 2007 games? The year wasn't that bad.
Brokkr said:
Eagle Est1986 said:
Errr.... I'm a little confused, how did COD 4 and Mass Effect fall into this years awards? Surely they should have been in last years?
I was wondering about that as well.
It's a good question and the answer is actually blissfully simple. There wasn't a ceremony last year, so this year's selections come from both 2007 and 2008.

Hope that's cleared up any confusion.

y8c616

May 14, 2008
How on earth did Cod4, a generic fps, win best character and story, when Mgs4 has some of the best character exposition and plot writing in game history? Also how did cod4 beat mgs4 on the Musical score? Harry Gregson-Williams' MGS4 score is not only one of the finest in gaming, but gives most Hollywood scores a run for their money too

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
pyromcr said:
where was metal gear solid and fable 2???
I can't speak for MSG4, but Fable 2 was right where it belongs. It is a mediorcre game, and mediocre games don't deserve "Best" awards, unless the award is best mediocre game.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
There's only one more thing I don't get - both SMG and Professor Layton are Japanese titles, why weren't they exluded?
It's an international awards ceremony.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
nilcypher said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
There's only one more thing I don't get - both SMG and Professor Layton are Japanese titles, why weren't they exluded?
It's an international awards ceremony.
Then why the hell didFable II get picked over Metal Gear Solid 4?
You'd have to ask the judges about that.