Bam! Pow! Awesome!: What Is Best In Life?

Barbalute

funny is not allowed
Jan 4, 2010
Bam! Pow! Awesome!: What Is Best In Life?

Andy Rose gets an exclusive look at Conan the Cimmerian #18: Free Companions part 3 and gauges its awesomeness.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Gotta love Conan. Nothing wrong with a bit of the old ultraviolence! =D

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
looks good i guess, not much of an comicbook reader since the internet was invented, and I'm surprised theres still an market in it, young kids aren't to smart.

also welcome to the escapist, i assume that minion means your an intern, i do hope you stay, i laughed quite allot despite not being familiar with conan.

Woem

May 28, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Uh...can I just say that the judicious use of
and
tags would enhance this tenfold?​
Exactly. I've seen better formatting in some forum user reviews, also content-wise.​

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
and

I'm a little surprised at you Root, surely you of all people know how difficult these first few articles can be?​

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Is this a new weekly feature? Im glad to see the escapist branching out to the next nerd platform (that of sci fi and fantasy literature) but didnt really get this and didnt find it funny. Perhaps I'm just not awesome enough to enjoy conan...

Feb 13, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
and

I'm a little surprised at you Root, surely you of all people know how difficult these first few articles can be?​

Which is why I added suggestions on how it might become better. I got the crap kicked out of my writing and it made my writing better because of it. I'm just passing on the tough love. Other reviewers can tell you I did the same to them.​

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Logan Westbrook said:
and

Which is why I added suggestions on how it might become better. I got the crap kicked out of my writing and it made my writing better because of it. I'm just passing on the tough love. Other reviewers can tell you I did the same to them.​

"I was abused, and so now I will abuse others?" I don't think that flies. Let's break the cycle, Root. Learn to give. Learn to love.​

Feb 13, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Logan Westbrook said:
and

"I was abused, and so now I will abuse others?" I don't think that flies. Let's break the cycle, Root. Learn to give. Learn to love.​

Last response as I feel this is getting away from the OP. A single sentence of "could be better" is a lot less like abuse than the hammering some of our Escapists could, and surely would, give it. A lot of people have thanked me, in the past, for tearing their work to pieces; maybe it just comes naturally now.

I think Mr. Rose is onto something here, and I hope he'll make this as popular as the other columns, but I believe only hubris comes from unadulterated gushing. YMMV.​

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
crotalidian said:
Is this a new weekly feature? Im glad to see the escapist branching out to the next nerd platform (that of sci fi and fantasy literature) but didnt really get this and didnt find it funny. Perhaps I'm just not awesome enough to enjoy conan...
It's ok. There are few who can truly achieve the Conan level of awesome. Perhaps next week you will find the awesome more to your liking.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
crotalidian said:
It's ok. There are few who can truly achieve the Conan level of awesome. Perhaps next week you will find the awesome more to your liking.
I hope one day to acheive that nirvana like state of sex, death and awesome that conan lives in the midlle of at all times

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
I'm a little surprised at you Root, surely you of all people know how difficult these first few articles can be?
Russ Pitts said:
"I was abused, and so now I will abuse others?" I don't think that flies. Let's break the cycle, Root. Learn to give. Learn to love.
Surely Root's comment would fall within "constructive criticism"? Christ, you two made it sound like he said something along the lines of "Sucks. Kill yourself! LOL!".

Constructive critics are good guys, people don't improve without them.

PS: That's a sexy avatar Russ. For some reason makes me think "Emperor Palpatine".

@ Topic: I'm sorry but this column is gravely at fault until you cover Hokuto No Ken. Surely anything about "awesome" things of any kind is always at fault until it covers Hokuto No Ken.

Kenshiro makes Conan look like Barbara Streisand.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Caliostro said:
Logan Westbrook said:
I'm a little surprised at you Root, surely you of all people know how difficult these first few articles can be?
Russ Pitts said:
"I was abused, and so now I will abuse others?" I don't think that flies. Let's break the cycle, Root. Learn to give. Learn to love.
Surely Root's comment would fall within "constructive criticism"? Christ, you two made it sound like he said something along the lines of "Sucks. Kill yourself! LOL!".

Constructive critics are good guys, people don't improve without them.
Yeah, I was mainly just dicking with Root, to be honest. I figure if you're going to be willing to dish out the constructive criticism you should be able to handle a little jigging as well. ;)

No one's feelings here were hurt, I promise. There isn't a single person at The Escapist who isn't prepared for the hellfire to rain down on them as soon as they post anything on the net. It just comes with the territory.

PS: That's a sexy avatar Russ. For some reason makes me think "Emperor Palpatine".
Thanks! It should make you think "Kane," since that's me appearing as Kane in the latest "Doomsday Arcade" episode.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/doomsday-arcade/1364-Episode-23

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
This solumn is going to be awesome. Great first article. Was very funny. If you want awesome, do a review on "The Boys".

Feb 13, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
There isn't a single person at The Escapist who isn't prepared for the hellfire to rain down on them as soon as they post anything on the net.
Never have truer words been said. *shivers*

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
I like this guy.
He has the right attitude and also he has the funny.

I wonder if he'll keep this style in the future or adapt to the material he's covering?
Whichever it is, I look forward to it.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Thanks! It should make you think "Kane," since that's me appearing as Kane in the latest "Doomsday Arcade" episode.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/doomsday-arcade/1364-Episode-23
I haven't followed that one in a while. I'm a fan, I just lost a few episodes because I was busy and haven't had the time to catch up. Damn the escapist and their other great series...

That said, I'm guessing Kane from Command&Conquer? I know the character, but didn't play it enough to associate, sorry. :p

Still, nice.

Earthmonger

Apple Blossoms
Feb 10, 2009
I know this review was an attempt at comedy, but, there wasn't a single laugh to be found. Except maybe how badly they drew Conan in this one. He looks like a trashed Tina Turner with moobs, and that is kinda funny.

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
pfft, everyone knows that the best in life is:
warm sheets
shoft toilet paper
and good dentishtry

(sorry, I couldn't resist :p)