Bandai Namco Officially Announces Code Vein With a Ton of Screenshots

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Bandai Namco Officially Announces Code Vein With a Ton of Screenshots

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1399/1399231.jpgCode Vein is now officially announced, and Bandai Namco has shared a bunch of new screenshots showing off the game.

Last week, Bandai Namco was news leaked [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170087-New-Bandai-Namco-Game-Teaser-Prepare-to-Dine] that the new game was called Code Vein, and that it cast players as vampires called Revenants. Now the company has officially announced Code Vein, and passed along a bunch of screenshots that show off a first look at we can expect from the game.

In the press release accompanying the announcement, Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing for Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. said of the new game, "Code Vein provides a fresh anime aesthetic and blood-curdling gameplay twists to the popular 3rd-person action RPG genre. The talented development team at Bandai Namco Studios is creating a tightly crafted experience filled with plenty of challenge that our fans crave along with a smart and engaging story that is sure to draw players deeper into the world of Code Vein. Let the feast begin!"

There's still no word on when we might actually see Code Vein, or when it might release, beyond a vague statement in the press release that says "release on major home consoles in 2018." We reached out to Bandai Namco to see if there are any plans for a PC release, and its representative told us that for now, the company is just saying "major home consoles" for now. We'll keep on the news, and if there's any mention of a PC release, we'll let you know.

Here are all the new screenshots for your perusal.

[gallery=7238]

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
I have to admit, it looks pretty damn slick. I never played God eater, and wish the first game was on PC at least, something me hates playing some games out of sequence since Steam only has God Eater 2.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Sounds like they're trying to cash in even more on the Dark Souls formula but we'll wait and see I guess.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
dragongit said:
I have to admit, it looks pretty damn slick. I never played God eater, and wish the first game was on PC at least, something me hates playing some games out of sequence since Steam only has God Eater 2.
It includes the remaster of an expansion to the first game atleast, for free.

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
Borty The Bort said:
ROOBBOOOOTTTT VAAAAAAAMMMMPIREEEEEESSSSS
I've been saying for years that this is how pop culture would naturally progress, now its finally here lol.

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Looks interesting, based on the screenshots the characters have some kind of rage mode. The art direction looks interesting as well. So many games are coming out : )

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Ok...the characters faces are too anime looking for the rest of the graphics.

Looks like mods.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
dragongit said:
The remaster of the first is included in the 2nd. I wouldn't bother though, it's ridiculously easy, the combat system is floaty as all hell, the crafting is boring and the dialog is so cliche it's only worth is getting you to laugh.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Saelune said:
Ok...the characters faces are too anime looking for the rest of the graphics.
Ya.... it's really jarring. Reminds me a lot of Warcraft with the human faces looking out of place among everything else.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
So how long will it be until PCs are included in "home consoles"? Like, "home consoles" are basically just PCs now, there's no reason to not have a multi-platform release.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Arnoxthe1 said:
Sounds like they're trying to cash in even more on the Dark Souls formula but we'll wait and see I guess.
I wouldnt be calling that before we even see some actual gameplay. It being a '3rd person action RPG' doesnt nessesarily preclude it from being a Devil May Cry or Monster Hunter derivative.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
gigastar said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
I wouldnt be calling that before we even see some actual gameplay. It being a '3rd person action RPG' doesnt nessesarily preclude it from being a Devil May Cry or Monster Hunter derivative.
This is more publisher cynicism than actual analysis that is talking here to be quite honest. But publisher cynicism is alarmingly becoming more and more accurate these days.

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
.....you disappoint me. The tone of the teaser images was so fucking good, why wou;d you fly in the opposite direction.

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
The phrase "fresh anime aesthetic" reads like an oxymoron to me, ain't nothing 'fresh' about an anime aesthetic, hell the character's faces look so jarring compared to the art direction the game has.