Bandai Namco Releases New Screenshots of Vampire RPG Code Vein

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Bandai Namco Releases New Screenshots of Vampire RPG Code Vein

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1419/1419344.jpgA batch of new Code Vein screenshots reveals two Revenants you'll encounter in-game.

Code Vein was teaser trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170161-Bandai-Namco-Code-Vein-Officially-Announced-Screenshots]. The upcoming RPG has players playing as vampires called Revenants in a futuristic world.

Bandai Namco says that the game is set in a "dystopian world populated by vicious enemies and monstrous bosses." As Revenants, the players will have to select a companion from their hidden society called the Vein. The new screenshots released today introduce a couple of other Revenants that you'll encounter during the game: Mia Karnstein and Yakumo Shinonome.

Mia is described as, "A wandering female Revenant is wandering in the land called "Vein". She is accompanied by her younger brother (only family member she has left) whom she will do anything to protect. Her weapon of choice is a bayonet-styled weapon that can be used to attack at a distance."

The press release says of Yakumo, "A Revenant and former mercenary, Yakumo is a faithful man who is good at taking care of others. He is loved by others and conducts himself in a cool and professional manner during combat."

Code Vein is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One sometime in 2018.

[gallery=7566]

BarkBarker

May 30, 2013
What a Generic, uninteresting looking game. Wasn't impressed by the gameplay they have shown thus far. Really not a strong IP here guys, what the hell happened. The damn art style and anime character look is ruining it.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
ProfMcStevie said:
What a Generic, uninteresting looking game. Wasn't impressed by the gameplay they have shown thus far. Really not a strong IP here guys, what the hell happened. The damn art style and anime character look is ruining it.
The art work looks lazy. Its like it borrows assets from God Eater.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
"Vampire" in this instance translating to "overdressed teenagers swinging around fridge doors with handles", because anime.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Oh wow, people on the Escapist upset that a game is being released and having a bit of a fit over it. Shocker.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Zhukov said:
"Vampire" in this instance translating to "overdressed teenagers swinging around fridge doors with handles", because anime.
Right? Like holy sushi rolls Batman this shit is the most Japanese weeb stuff I've ever seen.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I miss the vampires like the ones from Bram Stoker's Dracula or the Nosferatu in the silent film Nosferatu. I'd love to see a game or film company go back and use vampires like how Bram Stoker did.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Saw "Vampire" and briefly hoped for a "Bloodlines"-esque dark, atmospheric good vampire game.

You raised my hopes, and dashed them quite expertly, sir. Bravo.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Eh, I'll go ahead and go against the grain of the discussion and say it looks like it could be fun. I'll take the goofy anime aesthetic over the dirty, grimdark western fantasy art style every single time. Then again, I'm fairly unabashed in my weeb-ness. Definitely see why the style isn't for everyone.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Bat Vader said:
I miss the vampires like the ones from Bram Stoker's Dracula or the Nosferatu in the silent film Nosferatu. I'd love to see a game or film company go back and use vampires like how Bram Stoker did.
So you want another Vampire [http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Bloodlines/] game, then?

OT: I'm still interested. I like the designs, and I'm not one to scoff at silly Japanese aesthetics. I hope they'll have more location variety than "ruined cities" though.

venn2011

Apr 15, 2011
balladbird said:
Eh, I'll go ahead and go against the grain of the discussion and say it looks like it could be fun. I'll take the goofy anime aesthetic over the dirty, grimdark western fantasy art style every single time. Then again, I'm fairly unabashed in my weeb-ness. Definitely see why the style isn't for everyone.
I'll join you and say I like the look of this game too. I honestly don't mind Japanese anime aesthetics. I know it's not for everyone, but that ain't my problem. LOL.

That being said... I say that as long as the game's gameplay can prove itself, then it should be fine. If Bandai Namco really wants this game to be their successor to the Dark Souls series, then they better make sure the gameplay is well made and well polished.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
Bat Vader said:
So you want another Vampire [http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Bloodlines/] game, then?

OT: I'm still interested. I like the designs, and I'm not one to scoff at silly Japanese aesthetics. I hope they'll have more location variety than "ruined cities" though.
I'd fucking love another game set in a Vampire: The Masquerade universe. The different avenues, routes, etc that one could take throughout the story and which Vampire clan they chose and how it effected story elements was awesome. One of my most favorite games of all time. The fact that game never received a sequel is in my opinion a tragedy.

I'm not against games like Code Vein or anything like that. I just wish there were more Vampire: The Masquerade vampire games out there.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Anime Dark Souls? After the release of the Ringed City DLC and just how fucking anime as fuck the new weapons were this is basically the final evolution. I'll echo some other guy and take anime aesthetics over grim western art any day. I'm playing God Eater after the sale now too and it's pretty good, though I know that there are people who see the ridiculously oversized weapons and will ***** incessantly over it. Implying basic laws of physics ever apply to anime.

Honestly I think it looks cool, it might not be absolutely amazing but it'll be worth a playthrough or two. Sad how so many people take one look at the anime art and start bitching. 2018 is going to be pretty damn anime in general too with the new BlazBlue X Persona X Under Night X RWBY crossover, i'm surprised they didn't add Melty Blood in there too to be honest, wouldn't that make better sense over Under Night from a popularity standpoint? My girl Arcueid in a game without such obtuse mechanics. ArcSys pls.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
RaikuFA said:
Oh wow, people on the Escapist upset that a game is being released and having a bit of a fit over it. Shocker.
Yeah, who would've thought that people would think a game that looks boring and uninteresting is probably going to be boring and uninteresting. Crazy I tells ya.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
RaikuFA said:
erttheking said:
RaikuFA said:
Yeah, who would've thought that people would think a game that looks boring and uninteresting is probably going to be boring and uninteresting. Crazy I tells ya.
At least wait until some extended gameplay before you cry like a little ***** over it. That's what I'm doing.
If a game's first impressions are bad and the gameplay would've made it look better, they should've lead with it. Maybe keep that in mind before descending to insults? And there's also the fact that people are mainly focusing on the fact that the style of the game looks like ass, and a game's look is kind of a big factor in it.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
balladbird said:
Watch out, people might get triggered on here and cry into their vinyl CD's over liking something on here.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
erttheking said:
RaikuFA said:
erttheking said:
RaikuFA said:
At least wait until some extended gameplay before you cry like a little ***** over it. That's what I'm doing.
If a game's first impressions are bad and the gameplay would've made it look better, they should've lead with it. Maybe keep that in mind before descending to insults? And there's also the fact that people are mainly focusing on the fact that the style of the game looks like ass, and a game's look is kind of a big factor in it.
All I'm hearing from you is "WAAAHHHHH! PEOPLE AREALIZE INTRIGUED BY STUFF I DON'T LIKE!"