Bands/Artists that deserve more popularity

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Most folk bands, avant garde, free noise, punk cabaret, The Mars Volta, black jazz, free jazz, classical. Lots of bands deserve more popularity, not everyone is capable of listening to some music. 'shrugs'

Other people who are amazing, http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/
The Frozen Synapse guy (nervous_testpilot) makes music that could have come from Ghost in the Shell. Yoko Kanno did a lot of Ghost in the Shell music, not in that bundle but pretty good. She's popular if you like your anime (Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop) but not really otherwise. Dave Matthews Band, Powder! Go Away, every soundtrack composer other than Hans Zimmer and Enrico Morricone... The amount of artists who could use a bit more popularity is around as big as the amount of people who will never hear that music.

The Last Nomad said:
5-0 said:
I personally think too few people have heard of Clutch. I wonder if they try to deliberately avoid mainstream success, cause they seem to be more of a club band than a stadium one. I recommend them to any fan of blues or classic rock. Here are four songs from four different albums of theirs- what I really like is that they're always changing their sound. Also, THOSE BEARDS!

Two words my friend, FUCK YES! Basically the band I would have put here myself. Not my favourite band in the stoner rock genre but definelty the one most people would like.

Clutch are mad. ^ ^
If you like them, check out:

Graveyard Train www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmvLBOHGOZ8

Brothers Grim http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfgI9-dAxwY

And speaking of beards, ZZ Top. Making beards feel inadequate since 1978. Primus might also be up your alley

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
treeboy027 said:
I wish Nickleback had more popularity. Their music is so great, I don't see why they don't.

Kidding.
Really, I'm kidding. (Don't hurt me!)
They're not that bad, their first few albums were pretty good as far as American rock went. Granted, their recent albums are... Well, not the best. But their earlier music wasn't horrible.
Anything from Curb, The State, Silver Side Up, or The Long Road could be put in a playlist with Clutch and it wouldn't detract from the overall sound. Earlier the better of course. Now, if you'd mentioned a song from an album after those, that would definitely call for capital punishment. :p