Bands similar to Scissor Sisters?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah, I'm a Scissor Sisters fan. Get the '******' jokes out now and let's move on. :p

Anyway, I'll keep this simple. Does anyone here know any bands who have a similar sound to Scissor Sisters?

I only ask cause I fucking love that kind of music but my knowledge of music is woefully inadequate.

Thanks in advance (possibly...)

:D

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
'Fraid I can't help, since I'm pretty ignorant about music too.

I must agree though, the Scissor Sister's are damn awesome. One of my all time favourite bands.

Actually, look up some of Mika's stuff, if you haven't. He has some cool music. I'd suggest Rain, Blame it on the Girls, and a few of his well known ones.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Thespian said:

I must agree though, the Scissor Sister's are damn awesome. One of my all time favourite bands.

Actually, look up some of Mika's stuff, if you haven't. He has some cool music. I'd suggest Rain, Blame it on the Girls, and a few of his well known ones.
I knew there must be more Scissor Sisters fans out there! I knew it... they said I was mad, but I knew the truth! *demented laughter*

Anyway, thanks for reminding of Mika. I had an album of his a while back but I lost it when my laptop committed seppuku for no reason, so thanks for reminded me that that gloriously camp magnificent bastard exists. :)

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
Thespian said:

I knew there must be more Scissor Sisters fans out there! I knew it... they said I was mad, but I knew the truth! *demented laughter*

Anyway, thanks for reminding of Mika. I had an album of his a while back but I lost it when my laptop committed seppuku for no reason, so thanks for reminded me that that gloriously camp magnificent bastard exists. :)
Heh. Yep, he's very good. By the by, your avatar may become redundant if you are into this much campy music ;D

(... Not that I can talk)

DannyBoy451

Jan 21, 2009
Ummm Dresden Dolls? I don't really know, I'm not wicked into Scissor Sisters.

If you like the gay thing then there are some really great Queercore bands out there.

In fact forget that, Dresden Dolls sound nothing like Scissor Sisters, but I stand by the Queercore thing.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Thespian said:
Heh. Yep, he's very good. By the by, your avatar may become redundant if you are into this much campy music ;D

(... Not that I can talk)

If any music was going to push me into the 'obvious gay' category, it would be Duran Duran, ABBA and (to a thankfully lesser extent) Tina Turner. Not the Scissor Sisters.

Holy fuck I really am camp...

BinkyStalls said:
justin bieber
Don't even joke about that...

derob

Feb 17, 2011
moving units is somewhat along the lines of this band. i'd recommend their first two albums above any of their later work.

le tigre is much different from scissor sisters but they have a pretty fun vibe you might enjoy.

the fever was a pretty interesting band as well.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I love the Scissor Sisters. But alas, I don't really know of any bands quite like them. Their albums do have a kind of funky disco sound mixed with techno, so maybe some older 70s bands might do it. Although, I have never really liked that stuff either. Somehow, the Scissor Sisters made it sound good.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Thespian said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Wordy words, and a picture
Yep, got me there. And by christ we have similar music tastes. Except for Tina Turner. But still!
Oh I'm not big on Tina Turner, I just can't help but find two of her songs totally amazing (Simply the Best and Nutbush City Limits btw)

Tbh, my music taste is very eclectic. I go from this camp stuff, through movie soundtracks, over classic rock and through to stuff like Dragonforce and even Rob Zombie.