Bands You Wished You Could See Live

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
This is a thread for music mourners to post bands they wished they could have seen but never got the chance to. For me, it would definitely be these three:

Death: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68kfFSzms4

Isis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qz8e7pgy_Y

And this off-kilter Australian pop group called Shoe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ValsnM4K8

Darwins_Folly

Jan 16, 2010
Nine Inch Nails. Pretty much the only band on my bucket list I never got to see. Could have seen them 5+ times, but never went.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Nine Inch Nails and System of a Down.

The latter I doubt I will ever get a chance to see, and NIN, well, I had a ton of chances and every time I said no, I kicked myself numerous times for my stupidity.

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
Hum, a 90s space rock band, are long gone and I just discovered them. Another is Lagwagon, I think their drummer died so they stopped touring.

ThatSexyGuy

Apr 5, 2010
Queen. RIP Mercury. And AC/DC I know they may tour again but I won't be able to make it if they do :(.

Ninja_daemon117

Mar 17, 2009
System of A Down. However the world tour they are currently preforming isn't coming to New Zealand. Oh well at least I got to see Serj a few years back.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Metallica a friend said he would get me a ticket and he never did, only told me this when all the tickets were sold out. Motorhead cos I only found out they were touring the day before the gig. Rammstein would have been cool but they were at one of those music festival things and I wasn't impressed with the lineup other than Rammstein.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
There's a lot of them, but just off the top of my head...

The Seatbelts
The Who (original lineup) I saw Daltrey and Townshend, but no Entwistle = no Boris the Spider. :(
Queen (original lineup)
Pink Floyd (original lineup)
ACDC (original lineup)

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix- man older music was so so much better than a lot of today's crap.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
OpticalJunction said:
Gorillaz. Too bad they're animated and shit.
They do live shows, Damon Albarn and guess essentially.

To the topic at hand, I would love to see The Flaming Lips, I heard they put on a damn good show.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I really wanted to see Cage the Elephant live at Blues Fest last night. Sadly, it was not to be.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Pink Floyd with the mostly original lineup. Mason, Waters, Gilmore, Wright.

Alas, just not going to happen. Shame I was too young to see them in their heyday.

Edit: Also for anyone else saying Floyd.. Just remember the "original lineup" included Syd Barrett, and honestly, the Barrett albums were beyond horrible.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
I REALLY want to see Tool live....
They are my favourite band and I missed out seeing them at the Big Day Out (Here in Australia) because I was broke at the time... :(

Either them, or, I think going to an indoor Prodigy concert would be F**kn AWESOME!!!
If you can get past all the drugs and sh*t.....

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Daft Punk.

They have the most amazing live-shows that I'm interested in.
I'd probably have a heart-attack of joy if they came to NZ or announced another Alive tour.
OpticalJunction said:
Gorillaz. Too bad they're animated and shit.
Hey, keep it nice man ;)
[sub]I'm guessing you've never heard of Damon Albarn...[/sub]