Bankruptcy Auction Ends THQ

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
So Sega now owns the Warhammer 40K licence // I'm okay with this, mostly becuase they have the money to finish the 40K MMO that was in development

-M

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ohlookit said:
So Sega now owns the Warhammer 40K licence // I'm okay with this, mostly becuase they have the money to finish the 40K MMO that was in development

-M
It isn't confirmed that SEGA owns it but it is more than likely to happen in the future. Also, the 40K MMO was mostly Vigil's work, and was apparently downgraded to a single-player RPG.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Nouw said:
Ohlookit said:

-M
It isn't confirmed that SEGA owns it but it is more than likely to happen in the future. Also, the 40K MMO was mostly Vigil's work, and was apparently downgraded to a single-player RPG.
Well I knew about the MMO been turned into a single player, that was because THQ couldn't find the backing for the infostructure that it would have needed after launch // But from what I've seen of the game it didn't really sound like something that could have worked as a propper 40K MMO // I know it sounds strange but it was too combat oriented // Having all those races in one system, fighting over planets doesn't really work because the human faction will just nuke the planets.

There is so much that would need to be done to create a propper 40K MMO I don't think any developer would ever attempt to do it to the scale that would be propper // It would need to be to the scale of SWTOR in the anount of worlds that can be visited but then each world would need to be as detailed a WoW

As long as we get something new (that is not just another game where you play as a space marine) I'll be happy

-M

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ohlookit said:
Nouw said:
Ohlookit said:

-M
Well I knew about the MMO been turned into a single player, that was because THQ couldn't find the backing for the infostructure that it would have needed after launch // But from what I've seen of the game it didn't really sound like something that could have worked as a propper 40K MMO // I know it sounds strange but it was too combat oriented // Having all those races in one system, fighting over planets doesn't really work because the human faction will just nuke the planets.

There is so much that would need to be done to create a propper 40K MMO I don't think any developer would ever attempt to do it to the scale that would be propper // It would need to be to the scale of SWTOR in the anount of worlds that can be visited but then each world would need to be as detailed a WoW

As long as we get something new (that is not just another game where you play as a space marine) I'll be happy

-M
Indeed. Baby-steps would be good too, an RPG first then an MMO. I know a lot of people would love to play as an Inquisitor in an RPG. I myself would prefer an Ork :p.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
deathbydeath said:
To the company that published STALKER, Metro, Saints Row, Darksiders, Dawn of War and Space Marine: Goodbye. It's been fun.

+1, good sir.

THQ, et al.... you will be missed.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
I hate Koch Media... but oh well.

I salute you and all the good people who worked for you over the years, THQ. It's been a riot.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Nouw said:
Ohlookit said:
Nouw said:
Ohlookit said:

-M

-M
Indeed. Baby-steps would be good too, an RPG first then an MMO. I know a lot of people would love to play as an Inquisitor in an RPG. I myself would prefer an Ork :p.
Well that is the joy of the Dark Heresy RPG, you get to play as an Inquisitor // Hell in Rouge Trader RPG you can stat up as Orks and be a Mech-boy or Commando // Played as a Mech-boy at a Con back in october, it was wonderful!

But yea, if an MMO was ever to be created they would ahve to look at the RPG games Dark Heresy, Rouge Trader and Black Crusade to see how the classes should work in the world of 40K

-M