Banned from SimCity's facebook profile.

Azahiel

Apr 7, 2009
So I was a little active and commented a bit on SimCity's facebook profile.

Negatively though and it seems they banned me from commenting any more.

I can't post any comments on their profile and all my existing comments are gone...

Auron

Mar 28, 2009
Yeah, give us a quote. I mean they fucked up and we all warned them it would happen but there's nothing to be gained in repeatedly insulting the people at EA, even moreso when the culprits are not the people running the forums and community positions.

Azahiel

Apr 7, 2009
No discussion needed, just sharing my experience with the love for the community and their opinions by EA.

TopazFusion said:
So, what did you say on there?
Can't quote word for word, because the posts are gone.

Actually, I didn't say anything "ban-worthy". No bad words, no "ZOMG Thiz Shiaaat". Some polite statements explaining why the outrage is so big to people who clearly didn't get why, some suggestions that people should perhaps wait with buying the game if they hadn't already, some jokes to people complaining that they perhaps should play SimCity 4 while the servers are down. :p

Maybe a link to Civitas kickstarter which promises to be a better city builder than SimCity did it. Who knows... ;)

Or just the fact that I was a bit more active in stating my opinions than most other people who just threw one complaint and left.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Why the surprise ? EA does heavy moderating on their forums to cut a lot of the "whining" why wouldn't they do the same on their facebook ?

I've had multiple posts deleted on their forums, mind you they were polite posts with valid issues. They did fix it and sent me an email but they also deletd the posts, not locked completely deleted.

Gives a bit of a shyster vibe...

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Azahiel said:
No discussion needed, just sharing my experience with the love for the community and their opinions by EA.

TopazFusion said:
So, what did you say on there?
Can't quote word for word, because the posts are gone.

Actually, I didn't say anything "ban-worthy". No bad words, no "ZOMG Thiz Shiaaat". Some polite statements explaining why the outrage is so big to people who clearly didn't get why, some suggestions that people should perhaps wait with buying the game if they hadn't already, some jokes to people complaining that they perhaps should play SimCity 4 while the servers are down. :p

Maybe a link to Civitas kickstarter which promises to be a better city builder than SimCity did it. Who knows... ;)

Or just the fact that I was a bit more active in stating my opinions than most other people who just threw one complaint and left.
Wait, they banned you for being honest? That's a new low. I thought they at least had the decency to take criticism (if it was worded properly).

Captcha- nut case

Very apt. Very, very apt, dear captcha.

[small]
Code:
thesilentman@RealLife$sudo apt-get purge ea
[/small]