Barrel-Aided Crime Spree Ravages Skyrim

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:
Hyperbole aside, I'm honestly a bit baffled by this. I don't know whether to laugh at the silly virtual people and their loss of material goods or praise Bethesda for taking the time to code a world where cartoon logic is totally and completely viable.
Absolutely awesome feature.

It's kinda similar to how New Vegas would let you pick up a bucket, drop "stolen" items into the bucket, and then walk out as long as you were carrying the bucket and not the stolen stuff...

It's clearly an exploit, but it's good-natured and fun. I think this is specifically what these guys were talking about when they said that sometimes all the "Bethesda Bugs" can be fun.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
Many problems and issues with video games(and just about any other game, for that matter) are the result of unrealizable or unreasonable expectations. For example, the achievement of true realism, as in exactly matching the interactions, physics, and behaviors witnessed in real-life, is, at least currently, an unrealizable expectation.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
That's insanely badass.

'Oh, it's the Dragonborn! Hi- Why is it night time? Oh well!'
-Barrel falls off-
'Where did the Dragonborn go? Wait...WHERE DID MY WINE GO?!'
*looks to the other NPC* YOU GIVE ME BACK MY WINE RIGHT NOW!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Ownership laws? What ownership laws? No, your honor, he had a bucket on his head, so it wasn't stealing.

I lol'd, for real. That's awesome.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Dastardly said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Hyperbole aside, I'm honestly a bit baffled by this. I don't know whether to laugh at the silly virtual people and their loss of material goods or praise Bethesda for taking the time to code a world where cartoon logic is totally and completely viable.
Absolutely awesome feature.

It's kinda similar to how New Vegas would let you pick up a bucket, drop "stolen" items into the bucket, and then walk out as long as you were carrying the bucket and not the stolen stuff...

It's clearly an exploit, but it's good-natured and fun. I think this is specifically what these guys were talking about when they said that sometimes all the "Bethesda Bugs" can be fun.
The first bucket trick you talk about...that's a feature of all of the 3d rpgs that Bethesda has made so far. Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and such.

We can conclude from this history that the bucket has, and always will be the bane of property laws everywhere.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
uppitycracker said:
This is utterly brilliant. I'm going to see if I can get away with murder in this fashion....
You can, actually. There's another clip from the same room where the player puts a bucket on the shopkeeper and kills his sister without him reacting. Not even when he's able to see her corpse. :)

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Furioso said:
As far as I can tell, there is no way to move objects like that on the PS3, so I can't do that :( (if there is a way please tell me it is really pissing me off)

Captcha: STUDIES ofmech Why yes I would like to study mechs captcha, you know me so well
You have to click and hold X. I accidentally found it when I tried to loot a corpse and picked it up instead.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
That was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. I was laughing like an idiot for a few whole minutes! Gotta love bethesda AI huh?

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
SacremPyrobolum said:
Furioso said:
As far as I can tell, there is no way to move objects like that on the PS3, so I can't do that :( (if there is a way please tell me it is really pissing me off)

Captcha: STUDIES ofmech Why yes I would like to study mechs captcha, you know me so well
I don't know about the PS3 but on my xbox 360 one of the shoulder buttons picked stuff up.

what button i have tried them all

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
Bang Kaboom Ferrell said:
what button i have tried them all
Try holding X instead of tapping to pick up, that might work because the "use" key is what works on PC.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
"Can I open my eyes yet, Dragonborn? No? ...How about now?

...This surprise had better be worth it. I can hear you moving things.

...Hello? ...Hello?"

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
I was wondering what he was going to do. I saw him pick up the bucket and thought "he'll take it somewhere they can't see and steal it, already did this in fallout." Then he dropped it on the woman's head.

At which point I nearly pissed myself laughing.

Ephixa

Nov 11, 2011
Hahaha well this is amazing and they are still calm with those things on their heads, but it looks interesting, no doubt!

Kian2

Oct 20, 2010
That's not a bug. That's the system working to specification flawlessly.

The specification just didn't involve the AI removing obstructions to their line of sight when possible. In fact, I don't think the AI can interact with objects like that at all. It can only pick up and equip, not drag. Which is why dead bodies will persist in the main street of a city for days.

The stuff normally lying about a room is not worth the weight, anyway.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Seriously, that's just brilliant. I'll have to remember that for when I start playing it. That's just as funny as grabbing large expensive objects in Fallout: New Vegas and walking out the room with them until no one can see you before stealing them. I was amazed how much could be stolen that way.