Bart Simpson Shills For Scientology

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Abedeus said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

Check the Theistic Satanism.

Theistic Satanism (also known as Spiritual or Traditional Satanism) is the worship or reverence of Satan as a deity
Psshhhh.
Wikipedia, seriously? :p

You forgot to include this bit "whom some consider to be entirely benevolent" so not the type of Devil Worship I was referring to (poor wording on my part I admit).

Either way the point I was really trying to convey was that unlike what the media portrays; Satanism is not about hating God, killing people as sacrifice or any of that other BS.

Either is Paganism for that matter. (Ironic that the Christian Church spread those rumours despite Paganism teaching that all life is sacred).

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Here's what I'm wondering...is she even allowed to use the voice for anything not Simpsons-approved? I seem to recall her being interviewed on some show, and they asked her to do the voice, and she said she couldn't "be Bart" unless it was official Simpsons stuff. They, for all intents and purposes, own the voice, name, and character. Could be wrong about that, but I could've sworn that was the case.

Oh, and reality shows have a huge profit-to-cost ratio. They're super cheap to make and if even moderately successful, make money hand over fist. They don't require writers, actors, or sets the way other shows do, which is why we get so many of them. I mean, you'll have people lining up around the block for the chance to be on TV...they don't really care if they get money for it or not. Stupid, I know, but such is the way of things.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Oh, of course, Satanism isn't necessarily worshipping Satan.

For example, I do agree with The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth that LaVeyan Satanism uses and respects, especially 9 and 10 (cruelty and harm done on animals and children is considered really bad), or the Satanic Sins, but I do not agree with a lot of it's things, same as being a selfish jerk and so on.

Still, some of the Satanists worship Satan. But they are not all ocultists.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Abedeus said:

For example, I do agree with The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth that LaVeyan Satanism uses and respects, especially 9 and 10 (cruelty and harm done on animals and children is considered really bad), or the Satanic Sins, but I do not agree with a lot of it's things, same as being a selfish jerk and so on.

I also liked some of the beliefs, though in many ways it is just as hypocritical as it claims the Christian Bible is.

As for those who do commit murder and claim it as Satan's will, that's just excuses.

As for this topic specifically, does anyone outside of America know if Scientology has taken off anywhere else? I know in the UK it is not followed (at least I have never heard anywhere in real life or the media of it being believed in), but about elsewhere?

It does seem odd also that the voice actor is allowed to use her Bart Simpson voice, seemingly without permission (perhaps Matt Groening is a closet Scientologist?).

Robert_Lindblad

Jan 29, 2009
Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard while he was still sane told his son
"You know how to get rich... start a religion." admitting that Scientology is nothing but a fictionally created story.
Scientology is nothing but a corporation that thrives off the ignorance of it's followers by selling them and whoever else books, and courses on how to "improve" themselves spiritually.
One of their expensive scams is that they will sell you for extremely large
amounts of money a series of books that in the end are supposed to teach you how to walk through walls.... and after spending long hours of self deceptive meditation, a lot of money, and reading you become brainwashed to believe that you can actually walk through walls and when you try to and end up bumping your nose against the wall you are told that you couldn't do it because you're not ready yet however there are more books and courses available that will someday make it possible for you to do so for larger amounts of money butt not really.
Scientology = manipulative corporate scam brainwashing moneybaggers club
Scientologist = manipulated misguided fool

I know someone who got sucked into Scientology, I didn't know he was a Scientologist until one day, about 4 years ago, he said "Rob here's a book you should read." He passed me Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard. I laughed and said "L. Con Flubbfart ha forget it." For the first time in the years since I've known the guy he displayed anger and I'm talking very angry!!! Verbally with an agressive face.
After that display he went on to talk about the ability to walk through walls, he hasn't reached that level but he plans on getting there etc...
I've also heard of that course from an ex-Scientologist and neither of them know each other
Here's a website that describes some of the unusual deaths of Scientology members

http://www.whyaretheydead.net/

Here's an interview with L. Ron. Hubbards' son

http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html

There must be 50 ways to leave your Scientology master
You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
and get yourself free

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Abedeus said:

I also liked some of the beliefs, though in many ways it is just as hypocritical as it claims the Christian Bible is.

As for those who do commit murder and claim it as Satan's will, that's just excuses.

As for this topic specifically, does anyone outside of America know if Scientology has taken off anywhere else? I know in the UK it is not followed (at least I have never heard anywhere in real life or the media of it being believed in), but about elsewhere?

It does seem odd also that the voice actor is allowed to use her Bart Simpson voice, seemingly without permission (perhaps Matt Groening is a closet Scientologist?).
I know Scientology is treated like a cult here in Poland and since a staggering % of population is Catholic, few % Jewish and the rest Buddhist/Muslim, it's not going to be here as long as we have a Catholic, Jewish or any other monotheistic religion president.

More like, never. We have been Catholic for over 1043 years now, so Scientology can kiss my butt.

MaxFan

Nov 15, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Here's what I'm wondering...is she even allowed to use the voice for anything not Simpsons-approved? I seem to recall her being interviewed on some show, and they asked her to do the voice, and she said she couldn't "be Bart" unless it was official Simpsons stuff. They, for all intents and purposes, own the voice, name, and character. Could be wrong about that, but I could've sworn that was the case.
It seems to me that I've heard this about Simpsons voices, too.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Scientology is just plain creepy. I recently watched a few of the Tom Cruise, Scientology videos on YouTube, in which he talks on and on and on... about absolutely nothing! Any sane, thinking person listening to that has to wonder WTF that guy is talking about and finally come to the conclusion that it's nothing but alot of unconnected, meaningless bullshit designed to sound profound without having any meaning at all.

I'm all about tolerance and stuff... but people who buy into that nonsense are either retarded or very, very stupid.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
I'm not even touching this one. I hope everyone here saying things disparaging the Church of Scientology posted through a proxy... This "Church" scares the living crap out of me.

This being about Scientology aside, I think it's wrong to use characters we grew up with as children to sell a religion*. If the characters are a particular religion (Lisa's a Buddhist, the family is Christian), is one thing. What "Bart" just did there, was something completely different, and disgusting.

If Scientology can be called such, is your personal choice

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Bofus Teefus said:
Too bad Bart's a main character. Otherwise, they could deal with her the way South Park dealt with the nameless gentleman formerly known as the voice of Chef. Those were a couple of my favorite episodes.
Actually, they had to do that because Issac Hayes left the show. They did that to Chef because they felt betrayed by him.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I... I may cry...

Indigo_Dingo said:
Here's a list some of you may find iteresting.

http://www.cracked.com/article_14932_top-10-secret-celebrity-scientologists.html

Seriously, Jerry Seinfeld? Just how far does Scientology have its hooks in comedy?
But I do find the #1 on this list to be absolutely hilarious, even if the rest of the list is pretty freakin' depressing.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:

http://www.cracked.com/article_14932_top-10-secret-celebrity-scientologists.html

Seriously, Jerry Seinfeld? Just how far does Scientology have its hooks in comedy?
are u kidding? scientology has members EVERYWHERE! celebreties, police, government...
they even managed to destroy all governmental documents concerning scientology a couple years ago (atleast ive heard... u cant trust anyone these days )

scientology is a CULT, and one of the worst out there...

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:

the part about Jerry is wrong, they don't have any proof and say so, they're just trying to be funny, the others on the list really aren't secret

Susan Arendt said:
you are correct or were at one point, she was only able to do the voice enough to prove that she did the voice. all simpsons voice actors, unless they use their real voice, are not allowed to do voices in interviewed. there are 2 notable exceptions that i have seen, which is Danny Castellaneta and Harry Shearer on Late night with Conan O'Brian as he was a writer for them and the inside the actor's studio episode where everyone did the whole interview in their many many voices

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Susan Arendt said:

Oh, and reality shows have a huge profit-to-cost ratio. They're super cheap to make and if even moderately successful, make money hand over fist. They don't require writers, actors, or sets the way other shows do, which is why we get so many of them. I mean, you'll have people lining up around the block for the chance to be on TV...they don't really care if they get money for it or not. Stupid, I know, but such is the way of things.
The voice of bart is owned by the simpsons people. She'll likely get punched in the butthole because of it.

on a sidenote...I'm torn.

I love your avatar...but you just made a point that its ever OK to cancel futurama (in effect).

:(((((((((((((

I am left in this wierd half hate/half love situation that is causing my mind to swallow itself an infinite amount of times.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
Susan Arendt said:
you are correct or were at one point, she was only able to do the voice enough to prove that she did the voice. all simpsons voice actors, unless they use their real voice, are not allowed to do voices in interviewed. there are 2 notable exceptions that i have seen, which is Danny Castellaneta and Harry Shearer on Late night with Conan O'Brian as he was a writer for them and the inside the actor's studio episode where everyone did the whole interview in their many many voices
Also Castellaneta and Cartwright were (at one point or another) guests on the NPR quiz show program "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me", and they did the voices a bit but not enough to be a big deal probably.

Anyway there are just...no words to describe how...well...wrong this is. This is pretty much up there with Hamas using Mickey Mouse to promote their agenda.

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
soren7550 said:
Bofus Teefus said:
Too bad Bart's a main character. Otherwise, they could deal with her the way South Park dealt with the nameless gentleman formerly known as the voice of Chef. Those were a couple of my favorite episodes.
Actually, they had to do that because Issac Hayes left the show. They did that to Chef because they felt betrayed by him.
I understand that, so in this case she would have to leave involuntarily. It might sound like a petty and pissy way to handle her, but I guess we all get to have our petty and pissy moments. If those moments result in a good episode or two, bonus.

Feb 13, 2008
Someone should really get this to Anonymous asap.

$10 million? Man...think of all the good things a decent charity could do with that. :(