Based on where you live, what Pokemon would you have?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
As the title suggests, if Pokemon were real, and existed in place of animals, what kinds of Pokemon would you have?

For example, if you live in Australia, you could say Kangaskhan. If you live in an area with alot of caves or mountains, you could list a specific rock pokemon. Or if you live in a very industrial area, you could say the pollution pokemon, like Muk or Trubbish. Just try and match the animal and plant life in your area to pokemon, basically.

As for me, since I live in Florida, I'd say:

Feraligatr
Dewgong (since Dugongs are relatives of Manatees)
Exeggutor
Ekans
Wingull
Dwebble

What about the rest of you?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Hm, I live in Missouri. We've got temperate woodlands with lots of seasonal and evergreen trees, hot summers, and cold winters. Lots of high rolling hills, but not quite mountains. And I'll be listing mostly first and second generation Pokemon since those are the ones I know best. So:

Bugs and pests/cave dwellers (we've got lots of caves): Caterpie, Weedle, Ratatta, Zubat, Clefairy, Ekans, Arbok, Venonat, Paras.
Forest dwellers: Pidgey, Spearow, Sentret, Bellossom, Bellsprout, Sudowoodo, Farfetch'd, Scyther.
Freshwater/river dwellers: Whooper, Poliwag, Magicarp, Marill.
Ground dwellers: Sandshrew, Geodude, Diglett, etc.

Pretty much everything but ocean dwellers, extremely large Pokemon, and extremely hot/cold Pokemon, I'd say. Also not a lot of the messy types, like Grimer, Muk, Koffing, etc. Well, maybe a few of them in St. Louis, but that's it.

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Purrloin, Ratatta, Raticate, Magikarp, Goldeen, Feebas, Wingull, Ducklett.

I live in Grimsby :) A past-its-prime fishing port town.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
no idea I live on a tropical island so I guess water types, bugs, and birds/flying

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Western Australia, but if the whole state was fair game I would probably be listing half the Pokemon, so I'll limit myself to my area, which is mainly farms.

Kangkaskhan, Swana, Ariados, Mareep, Milktank, Krabby/Corphish, Ponyta, Foogus and probably all the fish, bug and bird Pokemon.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Since I lived in a coastal town I am guaranteed to get a Wingul and being in the UK also Pigdy/ Pidove (Tentacool would be very rare).
To add more to the list, there is a few cliffs and a cave so hopefully I get something like Gible or Larvitar (also guaranteed to get Geodude and Zubat in that cave). I wonder if the owner of the large farm over here would give me Mareep, Noctowl or Milktank/ Tauros.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Rattata... wingull... Marill... Magikarp... Krabby... and the bug pokemon, because I'm near forests too.

I hate ALL of these pokemon.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I live in montreal quebec. Right now there is a lot of snow , so i am thinking .

Jinx , dewgong , lapras , weavile , abomasnow and regice .

Amoung other ice pokemon

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Well I live in a college town in Ohio, a town that has nothing interesting in it I might add so my team would probably be boring as hell. I'd imagine it would be made up of
Rattata
Bidoof
Meowth
Togepi that hasn't learned Metronome
Magikarp
and Patrat.

Yep, pretty boring team that.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Pidgey, Pikachu, Caterpie, Sawsbuck, Poliwag, Skuntank, Miltank and probably a lot more. I live near a farm, a small forest, and a tiny village so there is plenty of wildlife. I'd seen all the animals those pokemon are based off of around here.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Mostly rock pokemon, forest pokemon, and water pokemon. I live very near a National Park in the UK so they'd probably all be protected though -_-

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I live in a nice little suburb with a creek right next to the house.

So maybe some Pidgey, Ratatta, Poliwag, some of the frog Pokemon like Croagunk (I think that's how you spell it's name) a bunch of bug Pokemon, and perhaps a bunch of Lillipup and it's evolved forms since a lot of people here own dogs. I have also seen some beavers over in a pond, so Bidoof would be around too.

As for California as a whole? Well we are next to the Ocean, so obviously plenty of water type Pokemon like Krabby, Seel, Dewgong, ect.

Sep 14, 2009
well..

we have everything here besides desert/water, so essentially all other types, at any time during the day.weather here can be such a ***** between seasons.

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
I live in London. So...
Vulpix and Ninetails (foxes)
Pidgey and co.
Rattata, Ratticate

I think that's it. At least I get a fire type.

Shadowninja100

Nov 28, 2010
I live in florida too, but I live right in front of a forest so I'd probably have mostly bug types and maybe bird types.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I'd have to get a bunch of Rattata's and a Muk because where I live (Huddersfield, UK) is a shit-hole -_-

EDIT: Oh and those 5th gen one's that are literally made of garbage.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Hazy992 said:
I'd have to get a bunch of Rattata's and a Muk because where I live (Huddersfield, UK) is a shit-hole -_-
Heh, I guess that means you've basically got the arsenal of any given Team Rocket Grunt.

Huh, maybe that means that Team Rocket members aren't bad trainers, they just live in crappy places.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I live... which means I need a ghost pokemon. Haunter, for his face-distorting shenanigans.