Bastion 2 Not Happening Any Time Soon

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
It's great that they will do another original game.

Everyone praises the story and narrative elements, I agree, but the gameplay is also top notch; I'd really like another isometric action RPG with gameplay this good.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
meaning we can self-fund the project and take the time we need to get it right.
I couldn't help but smile at my interpretation of this:

"Eat the finger to any specific person who threw pressure at our ambition!"

Jul 9, 2008
Geek2theRight said:
Aeshi said:
Thank fuck for that, the less of this game in the world the better.
I wouldn't be so crude, but I share the sentiment. Bastion put some nice cutesy visuals with "the voice," but forgot the most important part -- game play that's not clunky and unresponsive. I can't tell you how many times I pushed the "shield" button and experienced major lag, assuming the shield popped up at all.

And storywise, I played through the game twice just to see if the second ending was any better, and I still have very little idea what was actually going on. I get that the world(or at least the local area) was devastated by something-or-other backfiring, but they never explain why the ground rises up at your character's feet. What's so special about him that his mere presence can sorta-restore the lost world? WE DON'T KNOW.

It got so much praise that I really wanted to like it. But it was just not good. Such a huge disappointment. So no sadness for lack of a sequel here.
They do explain that. It's like one of the first things they explain, actually. The first time you go to the Bastion, if you talk to Rucks, he explains that The Kid's City Crest (that giant gear-like thing on his back) has some of the power of the Bastion inside it, and that's what makes the ground rise up.

As for anything else you didn't get, I'd be happy to explain. It all seemed pretty clear to me.

FunctionZ

Jul 4, 2011
Neat. I loved what they did in Bastion. I just hope that the next game that they put out will be as captivating and fun to play as Bastion was.