Bastion Now Playable In Your Browser

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
J03bot said:
Cleril said:
Can they make a PS3 version now?

I have an an Xbox 360, yes, but I do not like Microsoft.
It'll run on a fairly old laptop if you don't have an objection to steam. Though I can't imagine playing it without a control pad.
I own both versions ($4.99 on steam was too good to pass up on) and the game controls so much better with the mouse and keyboard.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
J03bot said:
Cleril said:

It'll run on a fairly old laptop if you don't have an objection to steam. Though I can't imagine playing it without a control pad.
I grabbed it on Steam while it was on sale, and it works quite well with a keyboard and mouse. It would kind of suck with a trackpad, but grab a mouse and you're good to go. There's only been one thing I had a problem with, which was I think the dual pistol proving ground. I couldn't click the mouse button nearly as quickly as I needed to for first place (kept getting around 670 out of 700 points), so I had to remap the attack button to something on the keyboard so I could spam it faster, then change it back when I was done. Other than that, everything works perfectly, and it's easy to run around dodging and countering and other precision actions.

Panayjon

Aug 12, 2008
I just tried it... and not to sound like an old fogey or nuthin' but wow! That was an amazingly smooth game experience and it was only 40 mb! Granted it was just a demo version but holy hell, I think a new challenger just appeared!

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Easier difficulty setting? I mean,I'm an avid gamer but my no means super hardcore or anything and I found Bastion to be an easy game as it is (and absolutely awesome, making my Cosplay disguise right now). You can make it harder and harder to your liking by invoking idols, but easier? Really?

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Cleril said:

This would be amazing if my cheap laptop wasn't so horrible that it could actually play something better than plants vs zombies. I tried the chrome demo for bastion and the game laughed in my face.

Of course, if my computer could handle the game, I would have already purchased it on steam.

Oh well, here's to still hoping for a PSN release.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Im really looking forward to playing Bastion but I keep expecting Deathwing to fly into veiw and be like:

"THE HELL DID THIS!?... not bad."

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
I'm conflicted... the less simplistic games on Chrome always run sooooo sluggishly that I'm afraid to make the purchase. But I do want to play it...

Panayjon

Aug 12, 2008
SoopaSte123 said:
I'm conflicted... the less simplistic games on Chrome always run sooooo sluggishly that I'm afraid to make the purchase. But I do want to play it...
Its actually free... not the whole game but more than enough for you to make an evaluation.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Cleril said:
It's called boycotting good fellow. I don't support Microsoft anymore because their console (at least my purchase of it) is shit. The disc drive won't hold jack shit due to magnetism issues. PS3 and Wii meanwhile have no issues holding a disc.

I support Supergiant Games of course. I don't support Microsoft. Pretty simple, pretty much not making me 12 years old. It's not a console war, it's called Microsoft gave me a shit console (and my cousin even fixed the disc drive issue but it ended up broken again no less than 2 months later).
If you're not going to play any games on the fucking thing then sell it. Really, it seems that you're pretty childish with your money. It wouldn't be hard to mistake you for a 12 year old. Instead of getting the most out of a decent but flawed console, you're not going to play anything on it and let it collect dust because you have some kind of vendetta against Microsoft or something. "It's called boycotting" Then sell the console.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Balobo said:
Cleril said:
It's called boycotting good fellow. I don't support Microsoft anymore because their console (at least my purchase of it) is shit. The disc drive won't hold jack shit due to magnetism issues. PS3 and Wii meanwhile have no issues holding a disc.

I support Supergiant Games of course. I don't support Microsoft. Pretty simple, pretty much not making me 12 years old. It's not a console war, it's called Microsoft gave me a shit console (and my cousin even fixed the disc drive issue but it ended up broken again no less than 2 months later).
If you're not going to play any games on the fucking thing then sell it. Really, it seems that you're pretty childish with your money. It wouldn't be hard to mistake you for a 12 year old. Instead of getting the most out of a decent but flawed console, you're not going to play anything on it and let it collect dust because you have some kind of vendetta against Microsoft or something. "It's called boycotting" Then sell the console.
I kinda agree, but he's got a point. Why is there no PS3 version? Seems like there is a demand(everytime I mention this game someone asks if theres a PS3 version.) And it would sell. I mean I haven't seen a reason as to why there isn't but I can guess MS threw a tantrum like they always do whenever they don't get stuff first.

I really dont care personally, I got it on Steam, but there seems to be a demand for a PS3 version.

EDIT: I took a look and its not out of the question unlike the Super Meat Boy fiasco.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
Panayjon said:
SoopaSte123 said:
Its actually free... not the whole game but more than enough for you to make an evaluation.
Oh sweet. Thanks for the tip.

And it doesn't work... not so sweet haha

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
RaikuFA said:
I kinda agree, but he's got a point. Why is there no PS3 version? Seems like there is a demand(everytime I mention this game someone asks if theres a PS3 version.) And it would sell. I mean I haven't seen a reason as to why there isn't but I can guess MS threw a tantrum like they always do whenever they don't get stuff first.

I really dont care personally, I got it on Steam, but there seems to be a demand for a PS3 version.

EDIT: I took a look and its not out of the question unlike the Super Meat Boy fiasco.
Yeah, a PS3 port will be fantastic. Still, it doesn't make sense why he won't just play it on 360.

Cleril said:
I do play games on it and when I do I have to jiggle the disc drive every 30 minutes and hopefulyl the disc fixes itself. I use it to play Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise if you'd like to know. I also keep my previous xbox 360 games. I simply don't buy games for it anymore since it's a shitty console that's busted. It's nothing against Supergiant, I'm happily waiting for a PS3 version instead of getting it through other means. ;)

And please, get some respect, second time you've called me a 12 year old and you clearly have no clue what the situation entails. The Xbox 360 was my first console, the PS3 was my last (I bought the Wii before as well). My PS3 library is bigger than my 360 library for a reason. And I hate Microsoft's stupid policies like the inability to allow dev's to release free content.

So I boycott Microsoft now, I also do the same for EA. That's not being a 12 year old, that's being a consumer.
You still seem like a 12 year old to me. If you're not going to buy any more games for it, and if you hate it so much, what the hell is the point of owning it? Sell it for a new graphics card and buy the game on Steam :p

Itsthefuzz

Apr 1, 2010
Cleril said:
Balobo said:
Cleril said:

I do play games on it and when I do I have to jiggle the disc drive every 30 minutes and hopefulyl the disc fixes itself. I use it to play Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise if you'd like to know. I also keep my previous xbox 360 games. I simply don't buy games for it anymore since it's a shitty console that's busted. It's nothing against Supergiant, I'm happily waiting for a PS3 version instead of getting it through other means. ;)

And please, get some respect, second time you've called me a 12 year old and you clearly have no clue what the situation entails. The Xbox 360 was my first console, the PS3 was my last (I bought the Wii before as well). My PS3 library is bigger than my 360 library for a reason. And I hate Microsoft's stupid policies like the inability to allow dev's to release free content.

So I boycott Microsoft now, I also do the same for EA. That's not being a 12 year old, that's being a consumer.
Do you have it sitting so the disk drive goes horizontally or vertically? If the problem is that it doesn't stay in the slot and its going vertically then maybe you should put it on its side.