Batman Arkham City I am disappoint

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Now Batman Arkham City is a fantastic game, the story is interesting, the villain lineup is impressive, the open world feels alive, and it's all executed stunningly. There's just one thing that disappoints me about the game, one thing that I feel the game is lacking, which would have improved it beyond words.

Whats lacking you might ask? Simple, Batman's famous Shark repellant spray.

Honestly, how did this NOT make it into the game? You fight a shark for gods sake, and no one even mentions Batman's lack of shark repellant spray? Not even Alfred makes a droll quip about it? Rocksteady, that's disappointing.

This complaint is, of course, only half serious. The game is FANTASTIC everyone should go out and buy it.

Yearlongjester

Feb 14, 2010
You know, I was coming in here fully prepared for an intelligent discussion on the game's flaws, or an idiot bashing (being honest that one was more likely) but you've surprised me.

I guess it'd derail the thread to bring up any of that, so I'll just say that I'm in love with this game and I think Skyrim is going to have a prime contender for my personal game of the year :)

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
Shark-repellent gets a very subtle hint when you overhear Riddler planning his next big move against Batman in his side-quest's endgame. He mentions using Penguin's shark, but then he says something along the lines of "no no, he's probably got some sort of shark contingency plan".

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Come on, Batman beats a freaking shark up. BEATS A FREAKING SHARK UP. If you can name one thing more awesome than that...

Uber Evil said:
This should have happened.

It would have been awesome.
...okay, that'll work.

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
Come on, Batman beats a freaking shark up. BEATS A FREAKING SHARK UP. If you can name one thing more awesome than that...

Uber Evil said:

...okay, that'll work.
How about Jackie Chan beating up a shark using an inflatable ring?

1st Strike, go watch it :) it's hilarious and awesome.

Semudara

Oct 6, 2010
The way I see it, the shark attack WAS a subtle nod to the "Bat Shark-Repellent" scene. I mean, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw a video of it, and I'm SURE that was intentional.

And in my opinion, subtle nods are much more gratifying than blatant references, not to mention at least 20% cooler.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
I admit I was expecting Batman to spray it BUT as said the scene is a nod and he does beat the shark a few times like in the shark repellent scene.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I was wondering what the complaint was gonna be. I'm kinda disappointed that it wasn't an actual complaint. Kinda feels like I got trolled.

Anyway, the game is awesome and I freaking love it. It does a great job of making you feel like Batman. People always claim that lightning can't strike twice, but I saw it has in the form of Rocksteady making these games. I'm thinking I might as well just preorder "Whatever game is being made by Rocksteady next".

But there is a small complaint I have. The boss battles. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't feel like Batman in those. I was just shooting whatever quick-action gadget the game told me I was supposed to use till they let me pound them for a moment. I always felt much more Batman like when I was taking goons out with stealth or outright beating them until they stayed down. It's a minor complaint. Though, Batman with a sword was pretty great.

Uber Evil said:

Oh my God! That is the most manly thing in the history of manly things. Somehow proper that the lightsaber is red, too.

Esper Empress

May 10, 2011
HOLY SARDINE BATMAN!

Haha, but no, seriously, the shark repellent might have been too easy though... Plus maybe he didn't want it because he thought he would never see a shark again

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Zack Alklazaris said:
It could of been so much worse.
Look about 2:30 in.
That was sort of painful to watch...

OT: The best repellant Batman would ever need against anything including a shark is punching it in the face, especially when it bites your raft. Yes, I played that part in Arkham City yesterday and yes, I took a great amount of satisfaction now that I can say I punched a shark in the face while proclaiming "I'm Batman!"

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Now I want an Adam West Batman skin for Arkham City... Rocksteady make it so!

BRB i'm going back to look for the last 59 Riddler trophies, i can't believe i haven't looked them up yet...