Batman: Arkham City (SPOILERS)

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Just gonna say, read at own risk, you've been warned.

What did we think of the ending?

Batman gains the cure. Strange executes Protocol 10. Batman finds Hugo, deactivates Protocol 10 and Strange is killed by Ra's Al Ghul who masterminded the Arkham City scheme. Ra's kills Hugo after Hugo blows up Wonder Tower and accidentally kills himself after trying to kill Batman whilst falling to the floor.

Joker kidnaps Talia in and lures Batman into the theater. Inside, the 'cured' Joker is killed by Talia, but Talia is murdered by the real Joker, and the cured Joker was Clayface in disguise to keep up morale before Joker crew waged war on Two-Face's gang.

Batman defeats Clayface, and then takes the Titan cure, before being stabbed in the arm by the Joker, thus dropping the cure and accidentally allowing Titan to kill the Joker. Batman then leads the Joker out of Arkham City in the manner of the painting (Cain and Abel) from Catwoman's first episode.

In my opinion, I thought it was amazing, it tied everything up nicely and showed the connection between Batman and Joker.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Just a fun fact from a comic book nerd; the Cain and Abel pose is a iconic pose of Batman's that is constantly reused.

Really from the first time I saw the painting I thought Robin was going to play a much larger role. Clever how they subverted it.

Over all I thought it was a fantastic ending. The twist was especially a lot of fun. A little disappoint that it was Ras rather than someone new as the big bad, I started wondering whether it was Darkseid near the end.

Arayis

Jul 11, 2008
I liked the ending but I have a question:
What happens to all the people in Gotham City who were also sick from Jokers blood? Or did I miss the bit when Batman sent the cure out to be mass-produced for everyone else (which is quite possible)?

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Arayis said:
What happens to all the people in Gotham City who were also sick from Jokers blood? Or did I miss the bit when Batman sent the cure out to be mass-produced for everyone else (which is quite possible)?
A side quest is that Alfred drops off the cure, so he probably manufactured more to send to the hospitals, other than that, it's pretty much an inferred holocaust.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
TerribleAssassin said:
Arayis said:
A side quest is that Alfred drops off the cure, so he probably manufactured more to send to the hospitals, other than that, it's pretty much an inferred holocaust.
I'm sorry if I spoil this to you, and if you haven't completed the sidequest then don't read this: but that was an hallucination manifacuterd by the Mad Hatter. That wasn't Alfred and that wasn't the cure. It was an idea "implanted" in Batman's head to trap him.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
kman123 said:
TerribleAssassin said:
Arayis said:
I always got the impression that was a trap laid by Mad Hatter, and Alfred never really made the cure. Of course I could be wrong.
No, it turns out I was wrong.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
Didn't Batman send Robin to take care of the whole "Joker's blood in Gotham hospitals" thing? I'm in the middle of my NewGame+ now so I'll try and pay more attention to dailogue.

Anyway I thought the ending was fantastic.
There was no doubt that Batman was hurt by Joker's death, that he won't be the same without him. I'm not sure if this will be the end of the "Arkham" series but they didn't seem to leave any doors open for a sequel, especially since no other villian can pose as much of a threat as an arch-nemesis to Batman as Joker did.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
First of all, I'd like to smugly announce something in regard to the ending:

I FUCKING CALLED IT.

When Mark Hamill announced that this would be the last time he'd step into the Joker's clowny shoes - coupled with the fact that the Joker looked like hell in the trailers - I knew they were really going to kill off that lovable loon. Sad, yes, but this decision gave the ending an enormous amount of emotional depth and gravitas.
And on that note, I hope this marks the end of Rocksteady's Batman games, because any further instalments could really only detract from the impact of Arkham City.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
he may be dead but then again....not.
Maybe next game scarecrow will rise as main villain, as Im tired of joker.

Dec 14, 2008
Sonicron said:

I FUCKING CALLED IT.

When Mark Hamill announced that this would be the last time he'd step into the Joker's clowny shoes - coupled with the fact that the Joker looked like hell in the trailers - I knew they were really going to kill off that lovable loon. Sad, yes, but this decision gave the ending an enormous amount of emotional depth and gravitas.
And on that note, I hope this marks the end of Rocksteady's Batman games, because any further instalments could really only detract from the impact of Arkham City.
You obviously haven't seen this:
Batman Beyond: Arkham Nation

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Sonicron said:

I FUCKING CALLED IT.

You think it will be a Dark Knight scenario? There is the sequel hook
With Joker and Harley's child. It could be interesting to see who Dee Dee's parents were, since Harley was their grandmother.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
philosophicalbastard said:
Sonicron said:

I FUCKING CALLED IT.

You obviously haven't seen this:
Batman Beyond: Arkham Nation
Holy crap that would be cool. Harley turning Joker's gang into the Jokerz, and then her child becoming DeeDee's mom or dad. That would be an all out street war of epic proportions.