Batman: Arkham Collection Arriving for PC and Consoles

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Batman: Arkham Collection Arriving for PC and Consoles

Warner Bros. is re-releasing its entire Arkham Collection in the UK, although console owners won't get all of the DLC.

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6467-Review-Batman-Arkham-Asylum>Batman: Arkham Aslyum was a damn fine game, combining combat, stealth, and a well-written story into one of the best Batman titles we'd seen. This success inevitably led to sequels that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9194-Batman-Arkham-City-Review>weren't as groundbreaking as the original, but <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10691-Batman-Arkham-Origins-Review-Good-But-Not-Good-Enough>were still fun nonetheless. Now, of course, we move to the next logical step: Re-releasing the series as a complete box set. If you're a Batman fan in Europe, it's happening sooner than you'd think. The Arkham Collection is due to arrive on UK shelves next week, with a US edition presumably to follow.

Batman: Arkham Collection will repackage the entire trilogy for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 platforms. That's the good news. Sadly this set isn't as feature-rich as gaming completionists would have hoped. According to Warner Bros., the box includes a physical Arkham Origins disc alongside digital codes for the Asylum and City titles. If you're a PC gamer, those digital copies will be Game of the Year editions, but consoles have been saddled with the standard releases. PlayStation 3 customers get a slight consolation in the form of Origins' system-exclusive Knightfall pack, but otherwise no DLC seems to have been included in the set.

It's possible that a more complete Arkham Collection will arrive at a later date, but if you can't wait to dive into Arkham, this set makes for an ideal early Christmas gift. The Arkham Collection arrives in the UK on November 22, 2013.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-14-batman-arkham-collection-headed-to-pc-ps3-xbox-360-next-week>Eurogamer

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
And when a fourth Arkham game comes out, who will still care about a collection of only the first three?

P.S. Thanks

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Erm no thanks. Especially when the third game in the 'series' is actually from an inferior company...

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Mcoffey said:
I thought this was already out? I picked it up from Green Man Gaming for 40 bucks when Origins came out. Now that I think about it, that might have just been a pre-order incentive for Origins.

Weird that the consoles don't get the DLC. Arkham City even has a physical GOTY edition in stores.
Asylum got a GotY edition as well. I played them both for the Xbox originally, then picked up used GotY editions to flesh out my PS3 collection later down the line. (actually it was mostly because they were dirt cheap and I was away from home, but still)

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
This is a shame, don't get me wrong I ADORE the Arkham games but this is a bit of a cheapshot...or a 'deadshot.'

With the well timed Humble Bundle giving us PC folk the Arkham Asylum/City GOTY editions it seems a bit dumb that for a higher price tag, this edition doesn't even include DLC. In general, PC versions are cheaper, physical anyway.

Whilst I own all the titles twice over on console/PC (excluding Origins) this seems kinda crappy.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Yay collector editions! But uh, Warner Bros? Before you re-release all the old stuff could you fix your newest one first? I would like to finish the game at some point.

Don't worry, they fixed the Bane boss fight. Lol jk no, they fixed ONE of the possible gamebreaking bugs that can happen with that one. My version is still a big black screen with the previous QTE prompt still on the screen positive it still hasn't been completed.

I own all the Arkham games already so I don't have to bother with a collection

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Right now, I can get AA for $10 and AC: GOTYE for $20 on disc. In a couple of weeks AO will be under $40 due to Black Friday sales. This bundle, regardless of price, is not for console gamers.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Seems like a waste of resources and time...It made since to do this with ME3 since the PS3 didn't originally have the first title. Too bad the Wii U isn't getting this but I think the consensus is that Arkham City (which is on the U) was the best one anyway.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
This kind of thing is INSULTING.

'Hey, were gonna giving you all 3 games of a series...
NOT!'

I really wish gamers were more like sports fans.

WB and other companies that pull this shit need a good TPing of their home office.
:p