Batman: Arkham Knight Rated M for "Torture" Sequences

nightmare_gorilla

Jan 22, 2008
I miss the animated series version of batman who actually cared about people. It seems like each iteration of him latley is turning him more and more into the bill o'riely of DC

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
StewShearer said:
...the game will include a sequence where the player uses the Batmobile's wheels "to torture an enemy."
Well, they don't specifically state that the player is the one doing the torturing or that the vehicle in question is actually the Batmobile.

As for the hostage-shooting, since the blurb actually states that players "primarily" assume the role of Batman, I could see the player taking one of the rogues for a spin in one or more sequences, be it as part of a fear Toxin-induced hallucination or whatever...

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Smilomaniac said:
No idea if this game is out or not, but all I have to say is that without context this information is almost completely useless.
Agreed. In an industry where showing a boob is enough to get an M-rating, I'm not very impressed. Oh, but we have torture. OK, GTA V had it too; but that wasn't what made it M-rated (and it wasn't even the best part of the game). We'll have to wait to see how good it ends up.

VikingKing

Sep 5, 2012
Just a thought that came to mind.

It says the player uses the wheels of the Batmobile to torture an enemy, but it didn't say Batman was the character being controlled during that segment.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
As far as I'm concerned, good.

For all its issues, the part I liked most about "Arkham Origins" was that it felt grittier and more brutal than the other Arkham games. Arkham City is easily one of my favorite games ever, but I definitely rolled my eyes when Batman was punching the crap out of a Shark. Less cheese, more grit is fine in my book.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm less surprised by the M rating and more surprised that, after browsing through my game shelf, I've confirmed both Arkham Asylum and City are rated T. Could've sworn the series had been rated M at least since City.